Graphic Cards RV740/HD 4770 review thread

Harpy.eagle said:
ameet, in simplest words to tell u/ ur friend is..... u cant buy ferrari for the price of fiat... neither can u put ferrari engine in fiat to make it fast and still survive. Best would be to get 4770 atm and if ur friend is not getting convinced ask him to join TE, read lots of reviews on different reputed portals, threads. That will bring him down to earth. U may also find used 4850 or GTX 260 in market in few days, but ur friend got to have patience for that.

Thankx man

Well now it's pretty much clear that it's not possible to buy a real new high end graphics card and now I am think that I will have to give away the idea of buying a Benq E2200 HD because it will be simply useless without that 1080p support from the graphics card.

Now as I have decided to buy 4770 please suggest me a monitor that supports the resolution which 4770 could handle.

Thank you

satyanjoy said:
settle with a 19"lcd

Thanks man

Man I was thinking about Benq 19 " G900W (Rs6500/- @ Theitwares) but it has a bad response time i.e. 5ms.Can anybody suggest a 19" monitor whose response time is 2ms or as low as possible with the same price.

And can anybody please quote the exact price of 4770 and if possible xfx 4770 also.

Thank you

samsung or viewsonic will do for you.dont remember the exact model number-do some googling. samsung will be bit costlier then viewsonic;samsung has better look,spec wise i think both are same and performance wise not able to make any difference by naked eye

satyanjoy said:
samsung or viewsonic will do for you.dont remember the exact model number-do some googling. samsung will be bit costlier then viewsonic;samsung has better look,spec wise i think both are same and performance wise not able to make any difference by naked eye

generally most of the 19" lcd are widescreen and the same height as generic 17" lcd(non widescreen).so you can also go for a 17" lcd with a less price.widescreen is not very very much widely supported..some game supports some don't - somewhere you need a workaround,check this link for widescreen gaming-

17" lcd will have native resolution of 1,280 x 1,024=13,10,720 whereas a 19" widescreen 1440X900=12,96,000. so your graphics will need a bit more power in pumping a 17" non widescreen lcd. the 19" non widescreen lcd has the same native as of its 17" lcd as per the samsung website. viewsonic has less number in native resolution for 17" lcd,,check this link for more information.

always stick with a conventional resolution-viewsonic has couple of 19" lcd which different native resolution then 1440*900

satyanjoy said:
generally most of the 19" lcd are widescreen and the same height as generic 17" lcd(non widescreen).so you can also go for a 17" lcd with a less price.widescreen is not very very much widely supported..some game supports some don't - somewhere you need a workaround,check this link for widescreen gaming-

But the site shows wide screen as an advantage.It is showing that game shots are better in the case of wide screen.
Thank you

Ameet148 said:
But the site shows wide screen as an advantage.It is showing that game shots are better in the case of wide screen.
Thank you

yeah in supported games you will get better m wider view - but it also has its own share of problems.so its upto you

Crysis is not the only game out there..keep that in mind..I wud say settle for a decent 22" monitor and a ATi 4770..and fill in the rest of the rig urself!!

I was in Nehru Place today for MSI R4770..I bought dat card from SMC at 'rs 6500'..but after few mins i was shocked to see its specifications..it was a 55nm gpu card instead of 40nm.I askd him abt this n gurmeet told me dat he dont hv any idea abt dis..i asked them to take it back..initially they were hesitant but after few argument(politely)they took it back n i was a releived man :) but how it can be that msi version has 55nm gpu processing? Any expert? N plz forgv me for my eng..its nt dat good..

sumit410 said:
I was in Nehru Place today for MSI R4770..I bought dat card from SMC at 'rs 6500'..but after few mins i was shocked to see its specifications..it was a 55nm gpu card instead of 40nm.I askd him abt this n gurmeet told me dat he dont hv any idea abt dis..i asked them to take it back..initially they were hesitant but after few argument(politely)they took it back n i was a releived man :) but how it can be that msi version has 55nm gpu processing? Any expert? N plz forgv me for my eng..its nt dat good..

Did your product looked like this:

five_pictures1_3deb06b9b5385f51a641595f95053989.jpg

See it's impossible that msi R4770-T2D512 would have a 55 nm GPU simply because msi can't replace the GPU built by ATI.

You may have picked up a wrong one .Just check the model if it was R4770-T2D512 or not?

Thank you

THE NAME OF THE CARD ON THE BOX WAS " MSI R4770"..U will have to beleive my eyes. It was dx10.1, gddr "5". The 40nm gpu processing was nt mention anywhere in any form..on the "Back Side" of the card, in features segment,the very 1st line was "msi uses 55nm gpu processing...."smthin like dat..i dont remember the words exactly.. The price printed on the card was rs 8.3k..also smwhere on the box it was mentioned that it was a 4600 series..is it?

rahulgoel said:
aah! buddy u took HD4670 instead of HD4770 that time...since it has 55nm gpu. :bleh:

He also mentioned that its 4770 written with DDR5 technology...so no question of being that a 4670 card.

yes.. dat was exactly the same box which i was holding in my hands for abt 20 mins quite happily..i also opened the box rt there in SMC nd inside dat this was the same ugly lookin card..n ofcource it was MSI R4770 T2D512..

Back