Graphic Cards RV740/HD 4770 review thread

mutant said:
when will it be available in stores in us?
already avialable at best buy b&m stores according to tomhsardware forums.

zanderzone said:
@ morgoth --> who consult Anandtech now a days?

They're team of bunch of gay guys rubbing nvidia's *ick
you havent been reading thru their reviews lately have you?
the situation is the exact opposite of what you have posted.

i guess i will order one then :D , which brand will be good ? most warranty, most recognized?

best card to get from us with budget of around 140-150 max ?

sapphire is the best option, HIS if u want something cheaper though i think prices will be the same for all brands for the first 2-3 weeks.

109x70 via kmd.

mutant said:
would be getting it through a friend coming from US :p
any other good deal available on gcard around max. of 150 ?

xfx gtx 260 core216 for $153 on zzf after rebate, radeon hd4870 1gb at ewiz for 170 and no rebate.

Very sad thing that all the AIB's went for the cheaper cooling solution...
The standard one that is given by Ati is a really good dual slot external exhausting one... Like the 4870...
its a pity coz the reviews with that cooler managed to overclock memory upto 1ghz and the other retail cooler hardly crossed 900mhz....
Amd should get the better cooler in the market soon...

^^Eh ? Whats new there ? Its just another 4770 .. BTW XFX card are always on the bit higer side don't know why they charge more..

Will be waiting for a 4770 with better clocks and better cooler :)

Hey the reference design has a dual slot cooler... So if the mobo has only one PCI-E then we will not be able to use this card right????? :(

Karthi007 said:
Hey the reference design has a dual slot cooler... So if the mobo has only one PCI-E then we will not be able to use this card right????? :(

Dual slot doesn't mean that u need two slots for that...however it covers one more slot space due to its large cooler design...

Is this the last dx10.1 card from AMD ? afik they are planning to launch DX11 gfx card by 3-4 Q 2009. Are AMD planning to launch 4730/50 to replace the 4670 ?

XFX has two versions of the same kya:huh: Two different coolers:S

@Tech2.com
2nq6rup.jpg

World's first 40nm Graphic Card by XFX
@Techtree
205woi9.jpg

XFX Intros Budget-friendly Radeon HD 4770 in India

Guys, this might be the lowest power consumption card we will see for a long time (prolly until the next die shrink). Because im guessing that 5xx0 series will pack more shaders and hence more power consumption.

Any opinions??

4770 x 2 {whenever it come out} will be a force to recon with. I guess, it should be listed around $ 180 - 190 mark

Check the 4770 crossfire review here

It blows out 4890 out of equation, consuming less power at the same time. Being 40nm chip, this holds v good overclocking potential and I'm sure it will knock on doors of GTX 285 at around 75 % of the price

imoen said:
Guys, this might be the lowest power consumption card we will see for a long time (prolly until the next die shrink). Because im guessing that 5xx0 series will pack more shaders and hence more power consumption.

Any opinions??

Going by the reviews it seems to only nudge the 4830 out of the market. I guess I'll wait till the next high gfx game comes out before getting a new card.

Back