RX 6700 from Flipkart

IMO a good tier A gold PSU is enough for most mid & high-end builds. Only enthusiasts with no budget restrictions need something better. That 7% delta is not worth getting a higher wattage PSU (beyond 650-850W) nor getting a titanium or plat rated PSU IMO.

IMO a good tier A gold PSU is enough for most mid & high-end builds. Only enthusiasts with no budget restrictions need something better. That 7% delta is not worth getting a higher wattage PSU (beyond 650-850W) nor getting a titanium or plat rated PSU IMO.
Linking info for people interested: PSU cultist list.
This video does show the difference though not "scientific" enough.
1681188539695.png

This comment summarises it pretty well too, if you plan on using your PC a lot you'll make ROI.
Gold rated PSUs should be the most bang for your buck.

Placed the order today after reading this for my first test build. Now what to do with the Arc a750 I ordered earlier. Return? Resale? Mine bitcoin? Pretentious showpiece announcing I'm a hipster? So many options.

as i have stated in my comment on that thread
"EDIT- https://www.arkinfo.in/amd-sapphire warranty provided by this company apparently. not sure if they will provide service on these cards(old stock) tho"

someone posted their thread, where they confirmed it was imported in sep 2022 by ark infotech, who are the new support guys for sapphire.
so now the only problem is regarding the warranty from import date..

View attachment 167971

What is this pricing LMAO the AsRock one was selling for 29k
sale over dude.
just wait for a week or two ,they will probably bring the discount back.
However dont expect similar credit card discount
Update - i have been using this card since the last month.

The build quality is top notch, both the backplate and the front shroud are metal.
cooler is an overkill and temps never go above 65-67 , max junction delta is 12-15 degrees.

i have undervolted it by 100 mhz and 0.8 volts, performance hit by 7 percent according to timespy score.
uses 80-110W depending upon games.
max i have seen is 125watts in 3dmark benchmark.
very efficient card.
Some of the games i have tried(in 1080p)

spiderman -85-100W ---85-110 fps
plague tale requiem- 85-110W, locked 72fps
cp2077- 80-105W-80+ avg fps -high settings
re4-80-90W - 72fps locked.

Conclusion- high build quality, cool and quiet, very efficient, 1080p beast.
Cons- potential bad rma (still need to be seen)
All of this running on a 450Watt psu btw.

Last edited:
sale over dude.
just wait for a week or two ,they will probably bring the discount back.
However dont expect similar credit card discount
Update - i have been using this card since the last month.

The build quality is top notch, both the backplate and the front shroud are metal.
cooler is an overkill and temps never go above 65-67 , max junction delta is 12-15 degrees.

i have undervolted it by 100 mhz and 0.8 volts, performance hit by 7 percent according to timespy score.
uses 80-110W depending upon games.
max i have seen is 125watts in 3dmark benchmark.
very efficient card.
Some of the games i have tried(in 1080p)

spiderman -85-100W ---85-110 fps
plague tale requiem- 85-110W, locked 72fps
cp2077- 80-105W-80+ avg fps -high settings
re4-80-90W - 72fps locked.

Conclusion- high build quality, cool and quiet, very efficient, 1080p beast.
Cons- potential bad rma (still need to be seen)
All of this running on a 450Watt psu btw.
That's awesome dude congrats on the card.
How much did you pay with all the discounts?

What's your set-up? Cause 450w is crazy i wouldn't even think of running it with anything less than a 650.

Also how did you edit your post today? I don't see an option to edit my posts after they have been approved.

i paid 20,800 , didnt use any card offers tho, could have saved 1000 more.
had a 1650 super with cv450 corsair in use which is a 100watt card, since this card is only using 100-120W max i dont think thats an issue.

As for the setup had a 3300x and 1650s, now i have upgraded to 5600 +6700.

i have no idea about the edit. i just posted normally and it merged with my previous post.

Last edited:
my 6700 while running star wars jedi survivor, shows 65-70 C Gpu temperature but 90-95 C hotspot temp.
is this normal behaviour? or should i be concerned?.
doesnt matter if i keep the side panel closed or open.

my 6700 while running star wars jedi survivor, shows 65-70 C Gpu temperature but 90-95 C hotspot temp.
Usually, I see hotspot temp to be +10C over GPU temp. Check if GPU is throttling, need to observe clock speeds, maybe run benchmarks, like check fps/score after a cold start & then compare it with fps/score after the GPU has been running hot for 30mins or so.

Anyways, check for the fan curve of the GPU (Sapphire might have software for it) & modify it so that it runs at 90% speed at 65C. It will be loud, but it should bring down temps.

Another method is undervolting GPU using MSI afterburner. Most GPUs can deliver similar performance at lower power draw. This will reduce temps as well. My 3070 at stock settings go upto 240W, but after UV, now its 160-190W in most games. I saw a barely noticeable 2% performance drop.

Usually, I see hotspot temp to be +10C over GPU temp. Check if GPU is throttling, need to observe clock speeds, maybe run benchmarks, like check fps/score after a cold start & then compare it with fps/score after the GPU has been running hot for 30mins or so.

Anyways, check for the fan curve of the GPU (Sapphire might have software for it) & modify it so that it runs at 90% speed at 65C. It will be loud, but it should bring down temps.

Another method is undervolting GPU using MSI afterburner. Most GPUs can deliver similar performance at lower power draw. This will reduce temps as well. My 3070 at stock settings go upto 240W, but after UV, now its 160-190W in most games. I saw a barely noticeable 2% performance drop.
i have undervolted it at 1120mV.
clocks have been set to 2500-2550 from 2650.
fan curve also changed.
there is no issue in boosting and performance department.
Feels like usual behaviour .
But i m worried since the delta is around 25-28C.
i have seen some reviews where people have confirmed 6000 series running at 90-95 hotspot temps.
Power usage is around 120-130 on avg with spikes to 140-45 on very heavy cutscenes.

All in all, nothing out of ordinary except the large delta betwwen gpu and hotspot temps

i have undervolted it at 1120mV.
clocks have been set to 2500-2550 from 2650.
fan curve also changed.
there is no issue in boosting and performance department.
Feels like usual behaviour .
But i m worried since the delta is around 25-28C.
i have seen some reviews where people have confirmed 6000 series running at 90-95 hotspot temps.
Power usage is around 120-130 on avg with spikes to 140-45 on very heavy cutscenes.

All in all, nothing out of ordinary except the large delta betwwen gpu and hotspot temps
Changing thermal paste & pads are another solution, but its a new card. Check in reddit if its normal, if so, still doesn't hurt to keep fans at max & lower temps to as low as you can.

Such junction temps are apparently normal for a lot of 6000 series cards. Especially in the heat of Indian summers.

My 5700XT has similar hot-spot temps, with the edge temps sitting at 65-70C.

P.S. - even I'm running a 450W PSU with a 5600. No performance issues, or shut-downs. GPU undervolted, with zero performance loss (in fact, I've raised the clocks higher at a lower voltage - higher performance while cutting down power draw by 60W) :cigar:

Back