Budget 51-70k Ryzen 4000 series laptops availability in India

Gaurav_347

Recruit
Hello All,

I hope you guys are doing well. I wanted to create a thread which will tell everyone about the latest ryzen 4000 series laptops which will be launched or which have already launched in India. Kindly update this thread as and when possible. In my previous post I mentioned that I was looking for a new laptop after my macbook pro died on me. This will also help other buyers like me who are in a need for a new laptop. I humbly request you all to share your inputs.

Regards,
Gaurav

There are already ryzen 4000 series laptops available on Amazon India.

IMG_20200730_124651.jpg

That's great. Any upcoming laptops from other brands? In India I have noticed they don't do any big launch events for laptops like they do for mobile phones. They are just released without any notification. Keep updating this thread guys. Thank you for your inputs.

Asus Zephyrus G14 is the Ryzen 4000 series laptop to go for in India

they have Ryzen 5 4600hs, Ryzen 7 4800hs and Ryzen 9 4900hs

Trying to find a 4500U or 4700U laptop with extendable RAM 16GB or more and no separate GPU. But, not finding anything. :(
Except the Zenbook 14 which is unnecessarily expensive for these basic specs. The extra slim form factor of Zenbook is also problematic as these CPUs have to be throttled.
Does anyone know if any business laptops by HP, Dell (Vostro?) or Lenovo are available with these specs? Thx.

I am also looking to get either a 4700U or 4800U based laptop, thinkpad E14 gen2 is very nice VFM (customisable on lenovo website) especially with LENPC coupon code right now, except yeah delivery says more than 8 weeks.

Other laptop I'm looking at is the HP ProBook 445 G7 but that is out of stock and is costly with win10 pro included, not sure if you can customise it by calling customer care or not.

The HP laptop has 2400 mhz RAM by default though nothing soldered like the lenovo which has 8GB 3200mhz soldered with extra slot for additional RAM.

Lenovo display quality may also be a lottery.

Both these laptops have ethernet ports too! HP has space for a 2.5 inch drive as well.

I was going to report back that I ordered the Probook 445 G7 from HP website on Sept 27th. It said delivery in 30 business days so hopefully I get it this month.

I think only the Freedos version with 4500U was available to order back when I did, which was fine for me. It looks like it is still available for order with the 30 day shipping delay. There is a drop down on the HP 445 G7 page to choose the Freedos vs Win vs 4700U option. HP site btw is down like 70% of the time, I don't know what is up with that!! I hope they are a legitimate site!

Win 10 cost did not seem worth it. It might even be marginally cheaper to buy Win 10 directly! The Win 10 edition was ~75k vs freedos for 60k and if I buy Win 10 Pro directly it is 14k. I could also get Win 10 home for cheaper.

Strangely the RAM specs for 4500U version say 3200Mhz, while for the 4700U says 2400Mhz. The manual says 3200Mhz for all variants. It might be worth checking with sales support as it might be 3200Mhz for the 4700U variant also.

Regarding customization, they said they only do it for bulk orders, but it looked like they might do it if you press them. I didn't try too hard - I mainly wanted a better screen than the default.

The default HP screen is really poor (1366x768 TN with possibly PWM issues as pointed out in notebookcheck review although that was with the hd screen option). I use my current laptop mostly as a workstation with external monitors so I intend to avoid having to use the subpar screen.

I preferred the Probook over Lenovo E14 G2 coz of 1) no soldered RAM in Probook, 2) usb-c separate from power port so I have more cabling options. 3) extra hdd bay so I can use my current disks and 4) Lenovo disassembly guide shows how to remove fan and heatsink together but it is not clear if the fan can be removed separately from heat sink which is essential for regular cleaning. The HP manual shows how to remove the fan without meddling with the heatsink, and it is very easy to do. I have to unscrew the system board off my current laptop to get to the fan (which is every 6 months) so this was a big deal for me! :)

Btw, the 4500U Vivobook is available on Amazon now for as low as 57k (varies), but it is limited to 12GB RAM so no go for me. They briefly had the 4500U MSI 14 for 50K (I think) but I passed due to crappy ports. One could probably get a decent festive discount on some of these in a couple of weeks, but I wasn't sure the Probook will make it to Amazon/Flipkart for the festive season and I didn't want to miss out on the chance to get it.

Last edited:

This one has a 4700U. wait for the sale, could get at good price.

apart from 4500u the rest of 4000 series is in limited stock everywhere, i wouldnt get my hopes up for a good deal this year imo

@Amien regarding https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadg...-configs-deals-questions-393.html#post4906510

Vivobook usually have TN or VA Panel screens and the SSD is M.2 Sata and Build quality is pathetic for the price. Anything more than ₹45k for Vivobook is waste of money imo.
Every budget cannot accommodate great build quality while also maintaining functionality/performance. Build tends to be subjective in any case. As for the functional parts, try finding an 8 core part in this price range. SATA versus nvme makes no difference in the vast majority of use cases. The same goes for the display. I wouldn't cover things with such broad strokes based on personal conjecture if I were you.

This one has a 4700U. wait for the sale, could get at good price.

Ram Upgradeable or Fixed at 8 GB ?

Build tends to be subjective in any case.
If the top lid doesn't shut completely, how subjective is my opinion then?

As for the functional parts, try finding an 8 core part in this price range. SATA versus nvme makes no difference in the vast majority of use cases. The same goes for the display.

So you are implying that 8 Cores + SATA is better at everything than 4/6 Cores + NVME? Do you have any data or article or video to back that up or thats just another conjecture, eh?

IMHO, 8 cores is an overkill for a regular person. I am pretty sure @oxy on team-bhp won't be rendering 4K videos. True, NVME is overkill too but it still gets the work done in 1/3rd the time of SATA.
There are devices which provide NVME, a better build, better display for a lower cost.

I wouldn't cover things with such broad strokes based on personal conjecture if I were you.
I am using this laptop for past 1.5 year and thought to share my personal experience. Nevermind.

Last edited:
I was going to report back that I ordered the Probook 445 G7 from HP website on Sept 27th. It said delivery in 30 business days so hopefully I get it this month.

I think only the Freedos version with 4500U was available to order back when I did, which was fine for me. It looks like it is still available for order with the 30 day shipping delay. There is a drop down on the HP 445 G7 page to choose the Freedos vs Win vs 4700U option. HP site btw is down like 70% of the time, I don't know what is up with that!! I hope they are a legitimate site!

Win 10 cost did not seem worth it. It might even be marginally cheaper to buy Win 10 directly! The Win 10 edition was ~75k vs freedos for 60k and if I buy Win 10 Pro directly it is 14k. I could also get Win 10 home for cheaper.

Strangely the RAM specs for 4500U version say 3200Mhz, while for the 4700U says 2400Mhz. The manual says 3200Mhz for all variants. It might be worth checking with sales support as it might be 3200Mhz for the 4700U variant also.

Regarding customization, they said they only do it for bulk orders, but it looked like they might do it if you press them. I didn't try too hard - I mainly wanted a better screen than the default.

The default HP screen is really poor (1366x768 TN with possibly PWM issues as pointed out in notebookcheck review although that was with the hd screen option). I use my current laptop mostly as a workstation with external monitors so I intend to avoid having to use the subpar screen.

I preferred the Probook over Lenovo E14 G2 coz of 1) no soldered RAM in Probook, 2) usb-c separate from power port so I have more cabling options. 3) extra hdd bay so I can use my current disks and 4) Lenovo disassembly guide shows how to remove fan and heatsink together but it is not clear if the fan can be removed separately from heat sink which is essential for regular cleaning. The HP manual shows how to remove the fan without meddling with the heatsink, and it is very easy to do. I have to unscrew the system board off my current laptop to get to the fan (which is every 6 months) so this was a big deal for me! :)

Btw, the 4500U Vivobook is available on Amazon now for as low as 57k (varies), but it is limited to 12GB RAM so no go for me. They briefly had the 4500U MSI 14 for 50K (I think) but I passed due to crappy ports. One could probably get a decent festive discount on some of these in a couple of weeks, but I wasn't sure the Probook will make it to Amazon/Flipkart for the festive season and I didn't want to miss out on the chance to get it.
Just saw your post. I'm also looking to get the probook 445 g7 but currently showing out of stock. Didn't know there was a drop down to select freedos that would be great

Back