S II or wait for the Nexus Prime ??

If you can wait, then do :) The nexus prime has better specs, and will always get updates before s2 (or the future s3). It is also more likely to get better community support - the galaxy S still doesn't have a stable cm7 as some drivers are not open source.

Sadly with the current technology the more you wait the more it will get better. Also waiting is a painful process and also confuse us. So instead of saying go for this or that, I would say go for what you like and what fits your requirement.

Right now looking at the specs, Prime is said to be better than Galaxy S2 in terms of resolution. It is said to have 720p resolution which is the first and said to even beat Apple's retina display. Also it is said to have 1.5 ghz processor as opposed to 1.2 ghz found in galaxy s2. But galaxy S2 is no slouch either.

The only reason why I would recommend Nexus Prime is because of updated software out of the box. So you will be the first one in the market with ICS :)

Waiting is gonna be painful :buu: but heck it'll be worth it :gap: ...

But I read tht SAMOLED HD+ is gonna be pentile matrix and not the RGB one, so it'll be similar to S I but not as sharp as S II ...

Also one more thing holds me from buying S II is Exynos wont support Duel Boot AFAIK (Wanna try Mango) ...

720p is a huge step up from the current WVGA (more than double the pixels) of the samsung SII and the qHD(~80% more pixels) of the Moto and HTC.

And 720p will stay as a standard for high end for at least a couple more years IMO. So its the next big thing and if waiting is possible then i would also suggest you hold onto your 30k :gap:

While I respect your source, I honestly do not think Google would push it that long. They know they have to release it before or at the time of Iphone 5 release to steal the limelight from it. If it is true then it might not fare well with Nexus Prime S.

Why are you not interested in iPhone 5?? Should be much more fun to wait for it :)

If you are an Android lover, wait for Prime.

It would really hurt to have a 480*800 phone when others have 720p phones

The only new internet rumor that is currently making rounds is from korean source which pegs the prime launch for october. Original roadmap had this mystery ICS device for december launch.

This is suppose to be the ice cream sandwich launch device and we have absolutely zilch about this version of android.

We usually have something of next android launch few months before it actually go official. The only thing we had turned out to be fake images.

Not to mention we do not know kiowa the new motorola acquisition will impact the whole scene. (it won't cause any big changes for now, but we may get few surprises).

Google has nothing to worry about iPhone 5. And they usually do not like to have their launch conflict with major Apple launch. If iPhone 5 is just small increment, they can let the ice cream sandwhich powered superphones loose immediately. If not, they have enough time to catch holiday/ new year shopping rush with improved formula.

Traditionally google android big launches have been december with good retail availability in jan.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using Tapatalk Pro.

EDIT: The one logical reason to pull the launch ahead will be to counter possibility of another lawsuit by Apple by unavailing the Prime before iPhone 5 ;)

But I would be very surprised if they manage to pull out the global launch this soon considering the specs of the device.

govinda123 said:
Please someone tell me if i buy s2 today at 27000 and sell after 6 to 12 months. how much will i get from it or how much is the price then?

Thanks
After 12 months, half if phone is in great shape.

People bought SGS1 for same price. Now they are selling it less that 14k.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using Tapatalk Pro.

Back