Sai Computers - Western Digital HDD Warranty Scam

Thanks a lot cyberwarfare for your help
I think i will get the HDD tomorrow but if you can please inform WD guys about such malpractices. I think on their part or for that matter any company should have special writing in engraving that shows the product is refurbished so no one goes through all this

The serial number of my HDD is WCATRA625937

Following is the invoice

View attachment 18121

Following is the screenshot of WD page showing warranty

View attachment 18122

can you post the pics on imgur and send me a link. :)

Another update
Received a call from Sai Computers today. They told me that the HDD with 5 year warranty will cost 1000 bucks more. They said they confirmed with WD and there are 2 versions (one with 2 year warranty and one with 5 years)

Now I am very sure that they knew that the drive they are selling me is a refurbished drive. But I did not had the time and patience this time to argue with him to prove that there are no 2 versions of the BLACK CAVIAR HDD. It just carries 5 years warranty.

I for sure am not purchasing anything from them from now on

Take your money back and buy it from Flipkart.

Take your money back and buy it from Flipkart.

You think I have an option of getting my money back :)

No friend. The vendor agreed is only a big thing. As I said before I don't want to get into a tussle and waste my energies.

Because doing that I will ruin my other work and responsibilities which is more important. Not that I am not concerned , but just that its not worth it

Hi guys

Latest update and hopefully the last update

Got the new HDD from Sai computers and its a different model as well. Its an enterprise edition BLACK drive which is mainly for servers and PCs which are write intensive and which are on 24X7. So i guess the extra money he charged are well worth and I dont mind it at all if this HDD is more reliable

The model number is - WD1003FBYX

Its interface is 3 gbps and not 6 gbps (i dont know how much would it matter speed wise)

The warranty is showing up till November 2017.

Any idea if WD will update the warranty to the day of purchase?

Thanks Nalin and thank you all. Thank you TE.

It's good that you have finally got the HDD, but why did they charged extra for the drive it roughly costs the same as your previous drive.
But still you got the new drive with full warranty after all this clutter is the main thing. Congrats for the same :)

HI Nalin

Very true,,, I got the a new drive with full warranty is more important for me. So I did not get into an another argument even though I knew the new drive would not cost so much more

MODS PLEASE ADD "RESOLVED" TO TITLE

If you've shown a day's worth of patience, your issue would have been resolved but rather you decided to spend Rs. 1,000 bucks for no reason and worst part is you've grabbed a SATA 3Gbps version. Why couldn't you reply back when someone was ready help?

All WD Black drives are with 5 years warranty- period, irrespective of what dealers say. There are no 2 versions of WD Black. Maybe a batch of it had 3 years of warranty period on it? In any case, since the case was genuine and the OP had the bill, WD India already made efforts to update the WD Black SATA 6Gbps drive's serial number with 5 years of warranty and find out the cause of this issue. But the OP found it convenient to spend Rs. 1,000 more to get a SATA II WD Black. And for what? Sai Computers have cheated you because you let them cheat you. Have you had atleast a patience to wait for a day, the matter would have been resolved.

In any case, this goes to all. All WD Black drives come with 5 years warranty. If there's any issue and provided you have the bill, just post in WD India facebook page or wdsocial@gmail.com

Back