Samsung Captivate aka Galaxy S at 21K !

Question on buying from Ebay US people. Assuming I win a bid, but on enquiring further about the item I decide I dont want it, what happens then? Does the seller leave a negative feedback or what?

Question on buying from Ebay US people. Assuming I win a bid, but on enquiring further about the item I decide I dont want it, what happens then? Does the seller leave a negative feedback or what?

If he reports the matter to ebay - an unpaid item will be marked against your account. After two unpaid items your account will get locked.

techie_007 said:
There is no option for sellers on Ebay to leave neg. feedback for buyers. :p They can only report unpaid item.What action Ebay takes varies from case to case. For example, 0 feedback ebayers are shown the door immediately upon a couple of unpaid item. However they are more lenient and are willing to hear the other side of the story when it comes to buyers with a considerable amount of feedback score.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

veer_singh said:
they slapped 3700rs [customs+courier+tax] on my 2 captivates , one was used and another was refurbished :mad:
Aww man, thats too bad! And I had some people laughing at me for paying Rs.2780 charges in total (Aramex + customs) for the 2 Vibrants. I'm going to show this thread to them. :p

techie_007 said:
Hmmmm, ok.

things are manageable as long as you do not act irresponsible.

inform the seller asap and request to cancel the trade rather than letting him to figure it out at the end of the deadline.. It will save his time and he will appreciate it if not hyperactive. i have done this twice. and i als have seen people being kicked out of ebay for being irresponsible.

Private Ryan said:
OMG :O *Gulp* I escaped with less charges then. I had to pay Rs 913 (Aramex) + 954 (Customs) = Rs.1867 for the sealed Vibrant. :p
i had to pay 1440+brokerage + 913 shipping for 1 vibrant.

it was fckin lame.

Private Ryan said:
Aww man, thats too bad! And I had some people laughing at me for paying Rs.2780 charges in total (Aramex + customs) for the 2 Vibrants. I'm going to show this thread to them. :p

lol , Even i laughed when you paid 2780rs :rofl:

veer_singh said:
lol , Even i laughed when you paid 2780rs :rofl:
Look who is having the last laugh now. :bleh: Jokes apart, I think, in a way I was lucky since apart from the Aramex charges ($18x2) and the custom charges of Rs. 954 on the sealed Vibrant, I got the 1 week used Vibrant which i bought for $275 absolutely duty free! So you can say, I paid a duty of Rs. 477 per phone. Not too bad, imo given the currently effective rates. :p

In any case, days of bargain deals from US/UK are over. Thanks once again to the fckin lamers running this country. :/

Private Ryan said:
Look who is having the last laugh now. :bleh: Jokes apart, I think, in a way I was lucky since apart from the Aramex charges ($18x2) and the custom charges of Rs. 954 on the sealed Vibrant, I got the 1 week used Vibrant which i bought for $275 absolutely duty free! So you can say, I paid a duty of Rs. 477 per phone. Not too bad, imo given the currently effective rates. :p

In any case, days of bargain deals from US/UK are over. Thanks once again to the fckin lamers running this country. :/
dont be happy about duty free, they come back to haunt you :D

Got my vibrant two weeks back....

$330 (brand new, company sealed, locked) + $6.5 shipping + INR 1300 Aramex (including customs,etc) = INR 17,000 (approx)

Private Ryan said:
Eh what?? Really? :O Once the shipment is cleared, can they still come to collect it? :S
Yes they do when/if they realize it... They are very organized...

-This Cryptic Message is brought to you from beyond The MAtrix :p:)

madnav said:
Yes they do when/if they realize it... They are very organized...

-This Cryptic Message is brought to you from beyond The MAtrix :p:)

:| :no:

Btw, I managed to unlock my 1 week used Vibrant which was upgraded to Froyo by the seller.

No rooting method including One click root was working on it since it kept giving error while trying to reinstall packages "e: signature verification failed installation aborted"

Finally reverted back to Stock JFD (2.1) via ODIN. Rooting was then a success without any errors with One click root. Then used SGS Unlock Pro from market to unlock successfully. :D

Paid app but more than worth it. Used it to unlock both the Vibrants. :D

Hehehe..:p

10o1e68.jpg

veer_singh said:
I dont think they will come again , they hav changed their system IMO ...... because of huge loss I think they have learned lesson
All they have done is consolidate all various receipts into one.

And no, they still do not know how to automate the process to include various taxes...They come every now and then to collect previous taxes.

Private Ryan said:
:| :no:

Btw, I managed to unlock my 1 week used Vibrant which was upgraded to Froyo by the seller.

No rooting method including One click root was working on it since it kept giving error while trying to reinstall packages "e: signature verification failed installation aborted"

Finally reverted back to Stock JFD (2.1) via ODIN. Rooting was then a success without any errors with One click root. Then used SGS Unlock Pro from market to unlock successfully. :D

Paid app but more than worth it. Used it to unlock both the Vibrants. :D

Hehehe..:p
all you have to do is modify the nv_data.bin file and replace it with stock.. :/

you would have learnt something that would help you big time if/when something goes wrong.

and i would advise backing up of /efs folder before attempting to use unlocking methods. This is the only way one can imagine to resurrect from IMEI issues.

you people should not rush for $300 phones now...soon nexus s might become for affordable, dual core phones are also on the block

how much shipping you guys are being charged? i was charged 913 and Rs1319 for $18 and $25 thats more than Rs50 per dollar

hA1d3R said:
how much shipping you guys are being charged? i was charged 913 and Rs1319 for $18 and $25 thats more than Rs50 per dollar
( 18 * 46 ) + 10.3% Tax = 913

( 26 * 46 ) + 10.3% Tax = 1319

Back