Storage Solutions Samsung Duo Plus Flash Drive performance

While a good deal at the current price I am ready disappointed with the product itself. Purchased it last week at ~ 1300 bucks for the 64GB model expecting at least read speeds to be in the range of 300MB/s. In reality, both read & write never exceeded ~40MB/s for me despite trying it on both USB 3.2 gen 1 & gen 2 ports which otherwise easily give more than 400MB/s speeds on external SSDs, maybe the higher capacity models fare better? At the current prices it might work for some but given the low speeds, it is still a bit high IMO. Luckily Amazon was good enough to accept my return despite having Replacement only option.

While a good deal at the current price I am ready disappointed with the product itself. Purchased it last week at ~ 1300 bucks for the 64GB model expecting at least read speeds to be in the range of 300MB/s. In reality, both read & write never exceeded ~40MB/s for me despite trying it on both USB 3.2 gen 1 & gen 2 ports which otherwise easily give more than 400MB/s speeds on external SSDs, maybe the higher capacity models fare better? At the current prices it might work for some but given the low speeds, it is still a bit high IMO. Luckily Amazon was good enough to accept my return despite having Replacement only option.
Thanks for this. I have been contemplating for some time, trying to decide between getting a pendrive or going the diy way using an m.2 ssd as pendrive.

Bought 2 of these of 256GB for my friends. They gave around 250MB/s when copying movies but don't know about 64GB.

I also got this last week but want to return because of terribly slow speeds (my cheap old SanDisk Ultra giver better speeds). How did you manage to return it? Replacement followed by return?

I just ordered 2 this morning! Not sure if I should cancel now. LOL

I will test it out and report back once it arrives, will return it if it does not perform well.

Last edited:
I just ordered 2 this morning! Not sure if I should cancel now. LOL

I will test it out and report back once it arrives, will return it if it does not perform well.
I checked multiple places/reviews/etc this morning, everywhere sequential file write speed for the 64GB drive was 33MBps so if you're okay with 33MBps, then go ahead, otherwise cancel now to save the hassle.

Higher speeds are only for 256GB drive. Maybe 128GB too, dunno.

oWakHJG.png

this is from the 64GB model.

oWakHJG.png

Samsung wesbite says read speeds are upto 300MB/s for 64GB but Amazon description says.
Redefine everyday file transfers with speeds up to 300MB/s. Peformance varies by capacity. <--- Misleading because its posted under 64GB version. The 32GB version says transfer speeds upto 200MB/s which is also misleading.
This information is incorrect on Amazon and should be reported using the report incorrect product information button for the 64GB and 32GB versions.

Last edited:
oWakHJG.png

Makes me wonder if the model I received had some issues as everything else is similar except for the first two read speeds which were in the ~36 range for me. BTW, did you capture this using type c port? If yes, could you possible please share the results using type A port as well? Maybe their type c to type A converter is causing the issues.

Makes me wonder if the model I received had some issues as everything else is similar except for the first two read speeds which were in the ~36 range for me. BTW, did you capture this using type c port? If yes, could you possible please share the results using type A port as well? Maybe their type c to type A converter is causing the issues.
I'll check it in my drive and report back tonight.

USB-A.jpg
USB-C.jpg

Last edited:
not much difference... earlier one is usb-c and here is usb-a.

hDyfPrE.png

Anyone, who recently got this drive from Amazon can you please share your experience?

I was getting low speeds no matter what I did & this seems to be like a system issue to me now as the hard limit of 40mb/s is actually the hard limit of usb 2.0 high speed specification, which means the drive was operating in usb 2.0 mode for some reason. This is really confusing as the drive was actually plugged into a usb 3.2 gen 2 port which I also tested with an external ssd & it was providing more than 300mp/s of read & write speeds.

I have also recently got a new micro sd card which supports 130 mb/s speed but I am still facing a hard limit of 40 mb/s in both read & write performance (Actually write is a bit lower).

Memory card used: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09MT6XSFW/
Memory card reader used: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B009D79VH4/

I am really losing my mind here over this so any help or nudge in the right direction would be really appreciated.

Back