Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update Now Seeding In India

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT7100 is now getting the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update in India which is available as OTA download and via Kies application.

The Galaxy Note 2 was launched with Android 4.1.2 and is was still running the same version. Samsung skipped the Android 4.2.2 update and has now released the Android 4.3 update directly.

The update brings lot of improvements and major UI overhaul to to the phablet. It also brings support for Galaxy Gear smartwatch. Here is a change log as compiled by SamMobile-
  • -GALAXY GEAR Support
  • - TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
  • - Samsung KNOX
  • - Samsung Wallet (Pre-loaded)
  • - Better RAM management
  • - Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
  • - New Samsung Keyboard
  • - GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
  • - New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
  • - New screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
  • - Daydream
  • - Driving mode
  • - Actionable notifications
  • - Move-to-SD-card feature
  • - New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
  • - New Additions in Notification Centre
  • - Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
  • - Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
  • - New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
  • - Full screen Samsung apps
  • - New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)

To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update. It is about 700MB in size so downloading over Wi-Fi connection is recommended/

Attachments

• Note-2-Android-4.3-Jelly-Bean-Update.jpg
    Note-2-Android-4.3-Jelly-Bean-Update.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 179
Those who want flash custom firmware/roms should stay away from this update.

Edit: The new update comes with the knox security from samsung which willeaise knox counter in DL if anything unofficial is flashed thru odin that cannot be reset like the flash counter with triangle away app. This is for those who do not want to void there warranty. Check pic, Something like that.

Attachments

• attachment.php_.jpg
    attachment.php_.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Just checked for updates... Said that the phone was upto date. No update available for ne

Was anyone able to update their phones to 4.3

All the fancy looking update is fine...
Agreed!!!!
But the main thing is that it has drastically increased battery consumption.
I took off my phone from charging at 4:30 AM in the morning when it was 100%
When i took my phone while going to office at 8:30 AM, i was shocked to see it to 80%
And it din't even last till 6 PM of the same day!!!

Dunno why complaining about battery but I have the same life what was on 4.1.2 and screen looks real great now :)
Screen is brighter than better.... it feels like they have improved the rendering or something. I actually had to reduce the brightness after 4.3.

I installed this app from Appgratis ASR Recording. And it started draining my battery almost 4 times faster than usual. I removed it after a day and was back to normal.
One more thing I noticed is that ALL APPS are updated after upgrading to 4.3. Wait for a few days for that to happen and after that your battery should work atleast as good as before if not better than that :)

I hate these frequent updates of apps... like update an app and withing 24hours there is a another version available for upgrade.
Why cant Android implement incremental updates/patches :(

better to install a custom ROM with 4.3 and most of the Note 3 Software features. I skipped this and Installed Dr. Ketans Custom ROM, its awesome, its like a new phone, more fluid/fast and improved battery life. S pen features are awesome! Facing about one random restart per day.....perfectly livable now i think i can directly upgrade to the Note 4 next year!!

Back