Android Samsung Galaxy Note 9 launched in India!

Surprisingly for the note 8 Samsung hardly reduced any price and I think they are not into numbers game now , or maybe the note is pretty unique and a note buyer will buy it regardless of the price
yes but how much off will you get from samsung if you trade your note 8 for a note 9.

Not what you wanted to do but just curious about offers in India vs UK

Its crazy when you think about it. Android's lower second value compared to say iphone is mainly due to the vendor slashing prices to make up numbers

yes but how much off will you get from samsung if you trade your note 8 for a note 9.

Not what you wanted to do but just curious about offers in India vs UK

Its crazy when you think about it. Android's lower second value compared to say iphone is mainly due to the vendor slashing prices to make up numbers
Samsung UK is offering 400 pounds for note 8 that's roughly 35k, One can easily sell note 8 today for 33/34k, Also there is a 6k hdfc Bank offer if u add it with the current resale value for note 8 isn't that a far far better deal for us then for UK customers ? Also I think the gear sport offers is not available for the UK customers.

^ I think the note 8 still commands the higher price is because there isn't one comparable Phablet. I believe the larger screen with ability to use SPen for sketeching, taking impromptu notes has unique set of people appreciating it - atleast i know couple of them. And thatswhy i believe Note 9 would fairly successful. My friend says that lot of corporate bosses now go to a meeting without their laptops as all they have to do is refer and take some notes, which later can be synced to their one notes.

^ I think the note 8 still commands the higher price is because there isn't one comparable Phablet. I believe the larger screen with ability to use SPen for sketeching, taking impromptu notes has unique set of people appreciating it - atleast i know couple of them. And thatswhy i believe Note 9 would fairly successful. My friend says that lot of corporate bosses now go to a meeting without their laptops as all they have to do is refer and take some notes, which later can be synced to their one notes.
It's with most of the Samsung flagships even a year old S8 sells for 24/25k maybe more considering a new one now cost 38k.

Samsung UK is offering 400 pounds for note 8 that's roughly 35k, One can easily sell note 8 today for 33/34k, Also there is a 6k hdfc Bank offer if u add it with the current resale value for note 8 isn't that a far far better deal for us then for UK customers ? Also I think the gear sport offers is not available for the UK customers.
But does samsung india offer an exchange deal worth 35k for the Note 8?

much less hassle than having to sell yourself to some one

But does samsung india offer an exchange deal worth 35k for the Note 8?

much easier than having to sell yourself to some one with far less hassle
Sell it for 30k (easily, buyers will line up to buy it)and take 6k cashback that its more then the offer what Samsung is offering to its UK customers. Still 1k more then UK offer.[emoji6][emoji6]

Not impressed.
Features not really on the par except for stylus. They simply hiked the price to 85k just coz of that 512storage.
Really?
Battery is still very average just 4k.mah.
Photo modes ok not a big deal.
Mind it Samsung photos look.good only on their phones but throw on outside screen the color is very different and dull as well.

Wait for chinese brands to bring in 1tb for that price or less with massive battery and camera + easy root capabilities.

Getting S7 or note 8 still makes sense.

Last edited:
Not impressed.
Features not really on the par except for stylus. They simply hiked the price to 85k just coz of that 512storage.
Really?
Battery is still very average just 4k.mah.
Photo modes ok not a big deal.
Mind it Samsung photos look.good only on their phones but throw on outside screen the color is very different and dull as well.

Wait for chinese brands to bring in 1tb for that price or less with massive battery and camera + easy root capabilities.

Getting note 7 or 8 still makes sense.

Correct there is nothing new its all old just bit here an there, 128gb is what most of the customers gonna buy so I would say they priced it just right or would say cheaper compared to note 8, Note 8 has 64gb internal this has 128.

Note 7 really.... Where ?

Last edited:
They simply hiked the price to 85k just
The "premium" price war started by Apple, Samsung is continuing that war and as in today's world there seems to be anything that Apple does, others should do a keep their "premium" look which can sell for ridiculous amount. Never in the history of any electronic products has there been a refresh of prducts so fast with so less value change. How would you explain the notch thing, people buying new version because Camera is slightly better as if all are die hard photographer. It is us the consumers who have allowed Apple and Samsung to charge more and this will continue unless a great recession sets in where essentials will again be valued more than those fancies.

The same with software - how different the Android Pie is from Oreo? And soon people will be comparing my phone got Pie!

I meant s7 or note 8. Also only Samsung fanboy will waste his money into note9 512 version.
That's where everyone is wrong. The fan boy doesn't buy the note he buys the S series. The s pen addicts buy the note and will pay for it of they think it's worth it. Trust me, I'm an architect and I've used every note from day one. After I used the first note I couldn't go back to any other phone. I was using a note 4+S7 for a few days, loved the small form factor, if only Samsung made the s series compatible with external s pen I could have kept using it. Finally upgraded to a note 8 this may. Great phone only needs to recharged once more in afternoon with my usage cycle. That's the only reason I might want to upgrade but I guess 20%more battery might only last me till 5 pm so recharge will still be necessary. Quick charge is a great rescue though

That's where everyone is wrong. The fan boy doesn't buy the note he buys the S series. The s pen addicts buy the note and will pay for it of they think it's worth it. Trust me, I'm an architect and I've used every note from day one. After I used the first note I couldn't go back to any other phone. I was using a note 4+S7 for a few days, loved the small form factor, if only Samsung made the s series compatible with external s pen I could have kept using it. Finally upgraded to a note 8 this may. Great phone only needs to recharged once more in afternoon with my usage cycle. That's the only reason I might want to upgrade but I guess 20%more battery might only last me till 5 pm so recharge will still be necessary. Quick charge is a great rescue though
How much samsung offer if you exchange your note 8

How much samsung offer if you exchange your note 8
74271c3f7048ffc398a0036538caeaf4.jpg

For 85 k one will definitely expect 5 or 6k mah where they can offer 512gb on one end.
As u said only Samsung fan will waste his money on 512gb version will they even think about what size battery is there inside, No. Also with fast charging who really care about batterie size th4ease days.

Imho 4k battery is more then enough for most of the users my S9 Plus (3500mh) easily last a whole day with around 4/5 hours of sot.

As u said only Samsung fan will waste his money on 512gb version will they even think about what size battery is there inside, No. Also with fast charging who really care about batterie size th4ease days.

Imho 4k battery is more then enough for most of the users my S9 Plus (3500mh) easily last a whole day with around 4/5 hours of sot.
Now this was from a normal users perspective. If shelling such a high amount then expectations will also increase. Fanboys will anyway buy even crap from their brands as they are inclined towards that brand since quite some time.

Think of redmi, oppo, one+, xiomi etc launching similar specs phones that too within 60k mark may be with a better battery or some features here there. That may or may not affect fanboys but will definitely be catchy for others.

Samsung Note series is not for the normal user, but for a particular user set who will find usage for the S-pen. There are a lot of artists who use the note features and have the need for huge storage in the phones. A raw quality image can come at about 40MB size. Plus there are a full set of feature enabled by the S-Pen that caters to these user. I especially like the select and copy feature.
It is always better to wait 2 -3 months before buying a Samsung phone. The price will decrease from the launch price. However the price decrease in the note range has never been as much as the S series. Their price decline at a much lower rate.

For 85 k one will definitely expect 5 or 6k mah where they can offer 512gb on one end.
No, it will add more weight and make the phone undesirable. Only midrangers will do it and combined with a 600 series CPU will beat all flagships for SOT. eg. Lenovo P2

Huawei tried 3800 with P10 plus last year but it was not that great. P20 pro is doing better with 4000mah

Weight is the biggest obstacle to adding more battery. Therefore the news of 4k mah is a standout feature. Now whether the screen eats the excess up and we end up not that much better than the S9 plus needs to be seen. But the bigger screen is the excuse to have a bigger battery. If not then real gain comes more for Note 9 with the 845 than the exynos. Unless samsung have somehow managed to fix the same inconsistent CPU they used with the S9[DOUBLEPOST=1534254641][/DOUBLEPOST]
My S9 Plus (3500mh) easily last a whole day with around 4/5 hours of sot.
Is this all on wifi or mixed with mobile data use too ?

just to be sure this is the exynos variant yes?

Last edited:
No, it will add more weight and make the phone undesirable. Only midrangers will do it and combined with a 600 series CPU will beat all flagships for SOT. eg. Lenovo P2

Huawei tried 3800 with P10 plus last year but it was not that great. P20 pro is doing better with 4000mah

Weight is the biggest obstacle to adding more battery. Therefore the news of 4k mah is a standout feature. Whether the screen eats the eexcess up and we end up not that much better than the S9 plus needs to be seen. But the bigger screen is the excuse to have a bigger battery. If not then real gain comes more for Note 9 with the 845 than the exynos. Unless samsung have somehow managed to fix the same inconsistent CPU they used with the S9[DOUBLEPOST=1534254641][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is this all on wifi or mixed with mobile data use too ?

just to be sure this is the exynos variant yes?

70%+ Data and 30% wifi, Yes we get exynos here in India.

Back