Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

Dex@ter

Adept
Hi All,

Anyone using the Samsung Galaxy Note , please offer your opinion and feedback ... several of my friends are considering getting same

Its massive. You CANNOT use it as a phone (without a headset) without looking stupid. Unless your head is the size of a pumpkin :p That changes the story a bit lol..

Anyways , the FW i've used it on was fairly buggy and it lagged but i hear the retail FW out now is good. So other than the size issue , its a decent device. I'd still recommend that you wait for the SGS3.

I personally used a note from samy showroom.

Screen looks just awesome....

Fast ui...

Played a 1080p video..looks great but handling was difficult

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Just tried it out at a mall. And felt pretty comfortable with the size even as a phone. But then I am 6 feet 2 inches!!!
Over all I really liked it and might consider it if going for a new phone. Only hitch seems one handed operation is not possible due to the screen size.

i also tried it in the mall. Though the hardware is awesome, the device itself is a failure IMHO. It's too big for a phone and too small for a tab.

Dell Streak was launched with the same promise. I think Galaxy Note is an odd-device with its massive screen for a phone while it is not big enough to offer Tablet-experience. Just my opinion after played around with it in a mall.

Galaxy Note Queries

Hey all,
Planning to buy a Galaxy Note - Getting it for 31900/- and the shopkeeper is offering 4k for my LG Optimus One.
Do you think I am being offered a good price for both?
And what about the choice of Phone?
My requirements are Music, Movies and Camera.

The only thing that is kind of a turn off is holding the phone of that size while talking, so I was thinking if there are any In Ear Headphones/Earphones with Mic and Volume Control (Preferably also Play/Pause) from Soundmagic or some other good brand which will have output better than the stock earphones. This will help me talk without having to pull out the phone everytime I need to talk.

Waiting for suggestions.

Thanks

Re: Galaxy Note Queries

Techie#1 said:
get a Stereo BT headset for the Note....AFAIT,.Note seems ideal for ur main requirement!
Well, I am not a fan of BT Headsets. I would rather have something hang around my neck, and use them only while speaking on the phone/listening to music.
How is Soundmagic MP-21. Will it work with Galaxy Note?

^^ you can get stereo bluetooth headsets like the nokia bh 503. Hang them around your neck and use them for both calls and music. 503 is an entry level one. There are much smaller and better ones available like the bh 505.

My friend bought it for 30k in return of sony eriscson Xperia Mini. He is searching for a good screen guard. Any suggestions??

is "bodyguardz" screen guards available in india.?

Back