Battery life is similar to S2.

Will get hold of it again this weekend.

Sent from Galaxy S2

red dragon said:
I have heard the exact opposite thing.

Battery life is similar to S2.

Will get hold of it again this weekend.

Sent from Galaxy S2

Battery life is good. Wayyy better than S2.

I can absolutely hammer the handset all day long and I can still make it to my bedtime without running out of battery.

The Indian release firmware does have Android OS battery drain issue. It was fixed for EU handsets when 2.3.6 OTA was released. Indian handsets are yet to get this OTA update but you can always head to XDA and flash the latest firmware. It improved battery life further. But even without this update, you wont run out of juice even with heavy use (exception of GPS as always. GPS is battery killer for any device ).

EDIT : And yeah, battery widget / Battery gauge are dead wrong with battery estimates.

They were showing 0% battery left the other day when I couldnt charge it completely overnight as I was travelling, and it went from 8PM to 2AM without dying on 0% juice being shown on battery gauge :p

Can someone please comment on the "note" feature of it. Is is good as a writing, drawing, on-the-move creative idea jolting pad (like in the ads).

krugur said:
Can someone please comment on the "note" feature of it. Is is good as a writing, drawing, on-the-move creative idea jolting pad (like in the ads).

Its quiet good.

You can do all the things that are shown in TV adds.

Cropping images, basic editing, lasso tool all work just fine and accurately.

Hand writting takes little time getting used to but its useful.

Snapshot using stylus is most useful as you can do lots of things daily with it. In short S-Pen does add something unique to Note. Its welcome addition and not a novelty.

Well that sucks...

On another note (no pun intended)...How many of you are using this as your main phone and what kind of work do you guys do? I am asking this because obviously people in certain professions cannot possibly use a phone of this size.

TIA

So today was my second date with the Note, albeit at Croma (Bandra).

The S-Pen was unavailable. The sales rep said that it was at the service centre as it had dropped and broken (yikes). This unit was super laggy. Hell, my Blade seems faster than this for certain things. TouchWiz has horrible implementation. Fruit Ninja would crash every time multiple fruits were sliced. A few other non-Samsung apps would randomly crash. Ofcourse one-handed operations for certain things was almost impossible, then again this 'phablet' is pretty big. I did try and put it in my pockets and it fit quite comfortably even with the security lock on. Holding it to ones ear while making a call doesn't really seem uncomfortable. However, it doesn't seem to offer a great grip (partially due to it's size) so using this on the go could result in one dropping this frequently (Hands-free FTW!!!)

There was guy there who had already purchased the Note. He unfortunately didn't have great things to say about it. When I asked him if the performance was laggy and buggy at times, he said YES. I asked him if the size was an issue. He said he usually uses a hands-free due to his size. He then went on to say that he loved the device. Oh the irony!

I will now wait for Samsung to sort out some of these performance related bugs before even thinking of spending over 30K on this!!

Honestly, you must not judge an Android device by it's stock firmware. In fact, the note does come with pretty stable firmware. I don't see why size is such an issue with people. It MOST DEFINITELY doesn't qualify for the use of a handsfree and actually doesn't look that big. Holding it to the ear is not a chore and I am extremely satisfied with the device, it's battery life, it's screen, it's user interface and it's camera!

I agree with frank. The Touchwiz 4.0 sucks 4 times more than the stock Dell XCD35. I moved to Launcher Pro Plus and the device floats. Still don't give in to the hype around the S-Pen (I seldom use it, and those S-Note etc apps). Overall the device is a super Win for me.

As I said earlier, will have to wait for some decent custom roms to come out before considering this.

@frankmehta: How many calls do you make in a day?

@Others: Are you able to install the apps with 1280*720 resolution from the market to take advantage of this device's screen resolution.

An hour and a half of phone calls daily. Honestly the size is slightly over hyped. People didny have an issue with the s2. This is only marginally larger.

Back