Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

Flashed KL3 and Abyss kernel 2.1 last night. Installed CPU Spy and before going to sleep, reset the counter. Check in the morning (6 hrs) - 99% :D Its spent majority in Deep Sleep state - Edge enabled with Auto Sync on. Very good I'd say!

Freaky said:
Flashed KL3 and Abyss kernel 2.1 last night. Installed CPU Spy and before going to sleep, reset the counter. Check in the morning (6 hrs) - 99% :D Its spent majority in Deep Sleep state - Edge enabled with Auto Sync on. Very good I'd say!
99% with auto sync :O

Sorry for the noob question, but how do I flash abyss kernel 2.1 :ashamed:

I have had the S2 for over a month now.
Will going for the Note be worth it ? A good upgrade, apart from the obvious screen size ?

rajshah said:
I have had the S2 for over a month now.

Will going for the Note be worth it ? A good upgrade, apart from the obvious screen size ?
Its a huge change regardless what Gannett you own at the moment. Probably a game changing upgrade as it will be extremely hard to go back to the smaller screen in the future if you buy note now.

The clock speed jump and brute power of exynos clocked at 1.4 GHz shows but that can be achieved on Sgs2 as well.

Main thing is screen size and screen resolution. Its way better to use note as a mobile browsing device than anything else on the market.

Great board reader and ebook reader if you use it for that purpose.

p.s. Abyss 2.2 kernel is out.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

You can get the Note for 29k from ngpay.

I got mine from them and it was shipped by Sangeetha Mobiles within 3 days.

Too bad the one i ordered wasn't for me.

Sent from a Galaxy in the S2 system

Shripad said:
Its a huge change regardless what Gannett you own at the moment. Probably a game changing upgrade as it will be extremely hard to go back to the smaller screen in the future if you buy note now.

The clock speed jump and brute power of exynos clocked at 1.4 GHz shows but that can be achieved on Sgs2 as well.
Main thing is screen size and screen resolution. Its way better to use note as a mobile browsing device than anything else on the market.
Great board reader and ebook reader if you use it for that purpose.
p.s. Abyss 2.2 kernel is out.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
Ok. Thanks! And how good is it for one handed operation ? And sticking it to your face to take calls ?
I am very comfortable with the S2 in regards to the size right now.

rdst_1 said:
You can get the Note for 29k from ngpay.

I got mine from them and it was shipped by Sangeetha Mobiles within 3 days.

Too bad the one i ordered wasn't for me.

Sent from a Galaxy in the S2 system

eBay for the sole purpose of EMI. Otherwise yeah there are places that cost much much less

Can anyone who has both the devices compare the camera performance of note with gs2? Thanks in advance. . . And how is the earpiece volume in note during calls?

Hey guys, just purchased a not from chaztin, so please include me in the fraternity.. can you guys tell me the preferred CUtom ROM and kernel. Also anything else i should know about the phone. Should receive the courier tomorrow :)

You can try ordering from saholic.com with coupon code stab @30,999

[Disclaimer] I work at Saholic.com; can vouch for the Originality of the product.

Satan said:
Any leads on a good deal for a Note?
Hunt hard at local stores first - may manage to find it for 29.5k or so. Else Sulekha or if you manage to find one on ebay for 30.9k, use coupon to get the gift and sell it to bring actual price down :p

kingdomraj said:
Hey guys, just purchased a not from chaztin, so please include me in the fraternity.. can you guys tell me the preferred CUtom ROM and kernel. Also anything else i should know about the phone. Should receive the courier tomorrow :)
Root and installation of CWM using the Zergrush method first. Try Rocket ROM with Abyss kernel which is the combination that Shripad is currently using. Seems to fly with that combo!

Sent from The Note using T'talk Pro

People getting it from eBay to Mumbai, getting charged Octroi ?

Two of my last purchases, both mobiles, got charged 5% octroi.

It never used to happen before.

An eBay seller has it for 30990/-. I think surf-2-buy. But worried about the additional 5% octroi.

Freaky said:
Root and installation of CWM using the Zergrush method first. Try Rocket ROM with Abyss kernel which is the combination that Shripad is currently using. Seems to fly with that combo!

Zergrush exploit still works?I thought Samsung has sealed it with 2.3.6.

Is Note still on 2.3.5?

Sent from Galaxy S2

red dragon said:
Zergrush exploit still works?I thought Samsung has sealed it with 2.3.6.

Is Note still on 2.3.5?

Sent from Galaxy S2
Nope. Official 2.3.6 (KL3) and rooted with Zergrush :p

Back