Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

rajshah said:
People getting it from eBay to Mumbai, getting charged Octroi ?

Two of my last purchases, both mobiles, got charged 5% octroi.

It never used to happen before.

An eBay seller has it for 30990/-. I think surf-2-buy. But worried about the additional 5% octroi.

Why don't you try Alfa since you are in mumbai .

Yeah they have a convenience charge :mad: on the 6 month EMI option. I had to go without coz I don't have 30K lying around. Hopefully the Nokia phone (Christmas gift) lands up and I can sell it this time. Will be happy if I can recover 4K from it.

Also purchased from surf-to-buy. Already purchased an S-Line TPU Case. Just need a have decent screen gaurd. Ohh I can't wait for an otterbox case to come out

Oh hi there

fUXtM.jpg

dafreaking said:
Yeah they have a convenience charge :mad: on the 6 month EMI option. I had to go without coz I don't have 30K lying around. Hopefully the Nokia phone (Christmas gift) lands up and I can sell it this time. Will be happy if I can recover 4K from it.

Also purchased from surf-to-buy. Already purchased an S-Line TPU Case. Just need a have decent screen gaurd. Ohh I can't wait for an otterbox case to come out
That guy is quick! Shipped mine the same day and I received it at 9.30 the next day!

I wouldn't advice an Otterbox if you plan to keep it in your pocket. That thing protects well but increased the size of your phone one fold! Can say from experience since I had a HD2 with the Defender

dhruvrock2000 said:
Oh hi there

fUXtM.jpg
Welcome to the club! :D

Sent from The Note using T'talk Pro

Freaky said:
That guy is quick! Shipped mine the same day and I received it at 9.30 the next day!

I wouldn't advice an Otterbox if you plan to keep it in your pocket. That thing protects well but increased the size of your phone one fold! Can say from experience since I had a HD2 with the Defender

True. But I want this thing to be well protected. It is gonna be a "pyaar ki nishani" kind of thing so I don't want it getting damaged at all. Plusthe first time in my life I am buying/being bought such an expensive phone.

Yeah he told me the box would be open due to courier bit it would be brands new.
He said he has sold 4 already and last two pieces left.
I was actually waiting to see if he really gets a feedback from the four he claimed to have sold but people were quick.....
Lol

hey guys

i also just got my note a few hours ago

got it from alfa in mumbai for 32250/- with the leather case bundled

great phone just updating and installing stuff on it :)

The only reason i am not upgrading to the Note is because once it becomes outdated(which is like 6 months these days) i might not find a similar sized phone to replace it. Trust me, it's not easy to go back to a smaller device. Any previous Streak owner will tell you this. Infact even on XDA many owners of Note are previous Streak owners who finally upgraded their phones.

Sent from a Galaxy in the S2 system

True about the Outdate part, also given it is one of the few android phones with a stylus, its likely many updates will break on it and hence an official update may be delayed for this phone.

^^ That is false. Samsung is working on ICS for the Note , SGS2 on a priority basis. ICS adds native support for stylus input so i'd expect SW support to actually improve.

Guys. Hang on to your hats. Darky is releasing darkynote for our notes. Darky was a benchmark rom for the galaxy s (not as much for the s2)

After owning all three devices I can say that the Note is by far the best mobile I have owned. Yes, even better than the S2

It is so strange . Nokia started using touch screens which are resistive so that stylus can be used. That move backfired. Now again after 4 years styli are back again with note and flyer. Btw what's the cost of replacement stylus for note?

Still to get a decent case for my note. I am currently using the supplied flip case, along with Amzer TPU case and a screen protector. The phone is kinda protected but looks Fugly :p Can't help it.

That guy on ebay EASECSE; I wish he shipped to India. Those cases are so elegant.

Been a week now and its the perfect consumption device. Great for reading, great for watching movies/anime. Great for gaming (after Chainfire3D). Loving it.

Need suggestions on a bluetooth handsfree / earpiece for the Note.

1. Displays caller name

2. Voice support - Dial / Accept / Reject / Announce

3. Pairs with 2 phones at the same time.

4. Easy to clip on.

5. Doesn't look stupid. :p

Help!

Back