Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

I remember sulekha offering at 29.7k till 15th may

I'm having an eye on it...

If something 20k deal turn out to be bad..

(Frankly speaking I still can't believe the price)

Almost all countries are selling at higher price...

Some one from that engadget link says he could update through Kies. Can some one try and report?

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Hi all,[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] For those in India, I'm on AirTel and able to update via Kies. Just make sure you turn off your USB debugging under Settings => Applications => Development. Kies wasn't connecting unless I had that unchecked. [/font]

EDIT: Doesnt work for me
<

guys when i was viewing a grey picture i noticed a black line.this line is noticable only wen i went into a completely dark room and my eyes got used to the brightness then could see a black colour line on the screen on the grey background.this line is not visible in any other background and only noticable in a completely day room with a grey background...should i get it replaced or there is nothing to worry.. pls advice

guys when i was viewing a grey picture i noticed a black line.this line is noticable only wen i went into a completely dark room and my eyes got used to the brightness then could see a black colour line on the screen on the grey background.this line is not visible in any other background and only noticable in a completely day room with a grey background...should i get it replaced or there is nothing to worry.. pls advice

Its known issue with AMOLED screens. It will also be visible when phone is booting up for a second or so before N7000 logo comes up. Its there on 99% of devices somewhere on the screen. Dont worry about it. If you are hoping to get replacement, dont expect to get perfect piece. And I am guessing you meant to say completely DARK room instead of completely day room. Yes, that is the only time you will see this on grey or black background when backlight is at its minimum.

I have seen this on every Note I have seen and almost every SGS2 I have seen. It can be anwhere, at the edge or at dead centre. Its not really bothersome 99.9% of the times.

EDIT : Official ICS rollout has began
<

Indian users getting official update yet? Note just became more awesome now. Hopefully the little lag that existed with GB is gone and software is better optimized like it was for SGS2.

To all, i am confused between the two. The Note and the One X. Cant decide which one to get. any suggestions?

S-AMOLED and better battery life with note attracts me, whereas the Quad core proccy and a better cam want me to change my mind. I am confused.

Hi Guys

Right now I am using Galaxy R..

But used note Once, and loved it..

Do you think it will be a huge upgrade? I Plan to use it for 2 years.

Dev support is good for now.. Hope it sustains.. What do you say?

Hi Guys

Right now I am using Galaxy R..

But used note Once, and loved it..

Do you think it will be a huge upgrade? I Plan to use it for 2 years.

Dev support is good for now.. Hope it sustains.. What do you say?

i personally think it will be a good upgrade only if you are looking for more screen real estate.as for the features and usability,it will pretty much be the same so doesn't really make sense.

Just finished flashing the German ROM successfully by following the instructions provided here in XDA
ohyeah.gif
. So far phone's working fine and at a glance there isn't much difference from GB, will check out more once i reach home.

Back