Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

Has anyone experienced problems of screen burn in with the Note? My friend has an S2 since 8 months or so and he showed me burn in around status bar which was visible clearly in white backgrounds. There's also people at xda reporting some burn in issues with Note after few months of usage. Common problem with AMOLED displays I guess.

Also screen is scratch prone easily? I prefer to use phones without screen protectors, but I do take good care of them. Read somewhere that the screen may not be Gorilla Glass and can scratch easier than other phones.

I'm still deciding between the Note, One X/S or waiting for newer options like 'the new galaxy'. I really like the Note for the huge screen and battery life, but worried about the above issues.
sad.gif

Errr.. ICS roms do have the float feature enabled - I can use the S-Pen to hover over a link and it'd do the exact same function as a mouse pointer! But, touch from that distance, hell no!
tongu23e.gif

Seems fully functional ICS roms are out!
happy55.gif

What ROM are you on. My ghost clicking has magically disappeared, but I don't get this so called mouse pointer that people seem to be talking about. on CM9v1

^ the screen i dont think is gorilla glass.i dont really know about the burn in issue since my note is only about a month old,experienced members like #[member='Freaky'] can help you on that one.screen is as scratch prone as any other screen so i would recommend you to put a scratch guard.A flip cover is provided free with the note which really helps clean the screen as it has a cloth-like surface inside it.

For all you lucky buggers who bought their Note post 15th April http://www.samsungpr...te/Default.aspx

chair.gif

Argggh! Early adopters get screwed again!
<

^ the screen i dont think is gorilla glass.i dont really know about the burn in issue since my note is only about a month old,experienced members like #[member='Freaky'] can help you on that one.screen is as scratch prone as any other screen so i would recommend you to put a scratch guard.A flip cover is provided free with the note which really helps clean the screen as it has a cloth-like surface inside it.

Ive been using the phone for almost 5 months now..touchwood havent had any issues with scratches or anything. Have been using it without the flip cover.

Btw when is the official ICS update due? It was supposed to be out in Q1, and the S2 has the update already
<

got the iphone 4s now

trust me guys after using galaxy s then s2 and now note , i have to literally squint at the smaaaall screen

looks like a joke

i will have to adjust a lot to get used to it if i decide on keeping it

the samsung keypad on note also is great with the number bar , space between keys and response, iphone seems cramped. iphobe 5 has to increase the screen size theres no doubt!!!!

without jailbreak wont be able to enjoy the handset

most apps seem to be paid ones compared to android!

NOW I CAN SAY CONFIDENTLY THAT MY NOTE IS A FAR SUPERIOR DEVICE OOTB!!

EVERYTHING ON NOTE ROCKS BUT I WILL PART WITH IT TO TRY THE IPHONE,
<
<

Seriously man. The iPhone looks and feels like a toy

The premium feel may be there but it just doesn't matter as after using note it feels like a heavy toy

Well go ahead and try it then. I did. It says I am ineligible as it was bought before that.

Then I guess you're right. I don't have a Note. Referred the promo link to a friend who bought it last year. I'll ask him if it worked for him or not! I was just commenting based on what I saw on the site.

Update: It didn't work for him either!

Did they jack price of Note for that free headphone? I went out to get one and it is around 32k at Mobile Store/Flipkart Last I guess it was selling for like ~30.5k

Wow. 6 Months in and there has hardly been any movement on the Price of this phone. I guess getting it for 28.7K net with 6 months EMI back in December was a steal.

On another note. Can't wait for true CM for our phones. I hope they incorporate that premium suite somehow. Suddenly realize I miss S-Memo because of the lack of it.

Wow. 6 Months in and there has hardly been any movement on the Price of this phone. I guess getting it for 28.7K net with 6 months EMI back in December was a steal.

On another note. Can't wait for true CM for our phones. I hope they incorporate that premium suite somehow. Suddenly realize I miss S-Memo because of the lack of it.

You can install S-Memo on CM9. There is a post that gives you the link to S-Memo and Task manager apps. Download, use a root explorer, add to system/apps, set permissions and you're done
<
But S-Pen functionality is what we need

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

You can install S-Memo on CM9. There is a post that gives you the link to S-Memo and Task manager apps. Download, use a root explorer, add to system/apps, set permissions and you're done
tongu23e.gif
But S-Pen functionality is what we need

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Err...I kind of meant that
1ign20.gif

my note has gone bonkers since yesterday.

i am on stock rom,and the voice control app opens automatically and when i call the speaker gets turned on automatically as well.

its calmed down a bit since the morning though.any idea what must have happened?

now my charging icon is on without me even charging it.wtf?

Back