Samsung Galaxy R - a good choice?

rosemolr

Disciple
Hi guys,

A couple of weeks back i planned to change ma "outdated" iphone 2g and to buy a smartphone with android OS.Previously my plan was to buy Galaxy SLi9003 but in between while reading some reviews in here and other forums i thought about extending my budget and to buy Galaxy R.

Two days back i found a very nice deal in ebay but the phone was selling out like hotcake before i could make the transfer the seller ended the listing.I'm planning to do the purchase with EMI with my HDFC credit card.

Eventhough the rate in Flipkart was high i thought of buying it from flipkart but unfortunately it also moved to out of stock now.I'am watching ebay to buy the item wheneve the phone get listed with 20k pricetag.

Please help me out to find a trustworth online deal with HDFC emi option.

Please also comment whether i made the right decision for going galaxy R in 20k budget.

Thanks in advance guys...

deep sleep problem right ??
<
ohh ur makin me mad mine is also frm letsbuy wil get ma R within 3 days ...
<
deepp sleep..

Don't judge your potential purchase just on the specs. Specs tell half the story. I have seen so many phones who have killer specs but lag even while moving among home screens. Go to a store and play with the phone before pulling the trigger.

I have seen quite a few happy Galaxy R buyers, am sure it's just a margin of error and Samsung will replace the piece. The phone is a delight to use, and is noticeably faster then Galaxy S variants. The screen fluidity is the closest I have seen to Iphones (similar to SGS II), however the colors do not have the saturated punch of Super AMOLED (some people prefer the neutral colors).

Dual core and 1GB RAM definitely makes a difference in user experience, atleast in the case for Galaxy R. Too bad dev support will never pick up due to Samsung's policy of releasing hundreds of variants for the Galaxy Andriod lineup..

Samsung Galaxy R is indeed a nice phone and is worth buying. It comes with host of features such as 4.2" display, 5MP cam, LED Flash, HD video recording, 1GHz processor and many more. The phone offers very good performance. It has upgraded Android OS. As far as online deal is concerned, you can get good deal at e-commerce portals such as flipkart, saholic, homeshop18, adexmart.

I'm looking for 16GB micro SD which is with low cost.

I am not sure if theitbazaar.com is reliable.

But you can get class 6 Samsung 16 GB card and a free card reader (which will be of low quality) for 820 Rs at HomeShop18 which is reliable. I have bought many items from the site.

http://www.homeshop18.com/samsung-16gb-micro-sd-card-reader/computer-peripherals/storage-devices/product:16595017/cid:8893/

Select it and apply the gift coupon GCP5P5P98ZCE and you should get 100 Rs discount. Or if you could make the total price above 1000 by adding something else worth 80 Rs, apply GC5EP2MCJEVE to get 200 Rs discount.

hey all i got my phone
<
loving it ... dint experiance any deep sleep till now
<
so letsbuy is nt tht bad they shipped it sunday today its with me good service frm letsbuy
<

Ya, Letsbuy is a good site. They used to give great discounts in the beginning (upto 15% on reduced prices!). Now as they are eshtablished, they have stopped it
<

Tell us more about your experience with the phone.

And Congratulations..
<

@rosemolr http://www.theitbaza...d=76&amp;vmcchk=1-- u chked this one right? i thought 800 is a good price :/ so @ wht price point u r looking ?? let me know if u get any good deal online ...

hey all i got my phone
<
loving it ... dint experiance any deep sleep till now
<
so letsbuy is nt tht bad they shipped it sunday today its with me good service frm letsbuy
<

Congo buddy & welcome to the club . . . !
<

Do vote for our device to get supported by cyanogen mod custom rom on the link provided below.

Tell others to vote too.

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/...0215__hl__galaxy+r__fromsearch__1#entry290215

Wow . . . !
<

Its selling pretty fast . . .
<

Its a gala time for the dealers.

To find a class 6 SD is difficult. I guess only the SAMSUNG one is available at HS18 and our TE seller ( dvdstoredelhi,i guess).

Got a Class 4 Transcend 32GB from ebay at 1.8k after applying a 200 off coupon.

I guess 16GB class 6 is avavilable for 800 odd.

I have budget for 16k "Android" phone.

Galaxy R looks very appealing and worth stretching for. Somebody said 18k but could never find that deal. Will check with the local shop today.

Other phones I had in my scope

HTC Desire S - Awesome build but 3.7 with 1Ghz & 768RAM - 19k

Galaxy SL 4" screen 18k

Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V - somehow was not convinced with the build & looks 18k

Defy Plus - Cheap, good build and 512MB ram with 3.7" - 15k

Little off topic but can someone suggest a better phone around 16-17k

HTC Desire S - Awesome build but 3.7 with 1Ghz & 768RAM - 19k

Galaxy SL 4" screen 18k

Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V - somehow was not convinced with the build & looks 18k

Defy Plus - Cheap, good build and 512MB ram with 3.7" - 15k

If you are getting Desire S at 19k, go for it. It has great build, Gorilla glass, Good dev support, More RAM.

Only thing is internal memory is less, Screen is not very bright and Camera is mediocre. If you are not a camera buff, buy it.

If you are thinking abt Defy plus, check Defy too. Defy plus has only an overclocked CPU and a slightly larger battery than defy. Defy has better Dev support. So if the price difference between Defy and Defy+ is more than 1000, buy Defy. Defy and Defy+ plus have average screen and camera. You should be able to get defy around 14.5k.

Cyanogen Mod supports both Desire S and Defy (No defy+ yet), so you should be able to enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich.

Neo V sits between these two. It costs 17k and has Great screen (Again not too bright), Decent camera, Good music and Nice looks. Performance too is Nice. It will be upgraded to ICS by Sony.

I would suggest you to go to shops where they keep the demo (not dummy) models and check these phones yourself. If you can stretch your budget till 19k and find Desire S at that price, buy it. Else Defy is a good buy at 14.5k. And if you are okay with dealer warranty (Not by Sony India) you can get SE Neo V in ebay for around 14.5k. Buy from a power seller who has 99% or more positive ratings.

Guys im facing a strange problem with my Galaxy R...

It goes like this...whenever my phone is going outside of the service provider's coverage area...EDGE connectivity is not getting established again..It is like the E symbol on the status bar won't appear unless untill i restart my phone...

I had tried activating and deactivating the datatraffic option ,tried to put the phone in flight mode and reconnected to netword..check the data traffic and unchecked it...i tried almost all options..

Is it because of some ROM issue...I haven't modified the stock rom which is having...

Well i think it may not be a hardware issue since while restarting connectivity is ther and working flawlessly..

i'm using the might DOCOMO as my provider...

Please help me out guys

Back