Samsung Galaxy R i9103 for 21.9K from Letsbuy - Worth it?

boogeyman

Adept
Hello Guys,

I came across this deal: Buy Samsung Galaxy R i9103 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

After the 5% off coupon its coming out to 21,899/- What do you guys think? It satisfies all my requirements perfectly (Proccy, RAM, screen-size, etc.) at this price, I would just have to stretch my budget by 1.9k.

I prefer the build quality of R more than SGS2. Also, the recent 9100 and 9100G issues have put me off SGS2. Not to mention that SGS2 isn't available anywhere for less than 27k which is stretching my budget by a huge 7k

Comparing with LG O2x, this one looks much better, is lighter and has more RAM. Although it does fall behind in the camera department.

P.S. If someone has been burnt by Letsbuy, you can try Flipkart for 1k more: Flipkart.com: Samsung Galaxy R I9103: Mobile

i purchased galaxy r from lets buy and was delivered in 3 days sharp with some extra accessories , and believe me the phone is very good. although battery life is one day (24hrs), but if u want all the HD games ans live wallpapers , the phone is worth it.

I received my LG O2x finally! phew! Bloody Overnite couriers delayed it for no reason :mad:. But I received it so I'm happy. This phone is a thing of beauty. Amazing build quality almost on par with HTC devices. Didn't receive any micro SD card though. But I guess for the price its worth it.

TDvOS.jpg

Special thanks to thegame and comp@ddict

boogeyman said:
I received my LG O2x finally! phew! Bloody Overnite couriers delayed it for no reason :mad:. But I received it so I'm happy. This phone is a thing of beauty. Amazing build quality almost on par with HTC devices. Didn't receive any micro SD card though. But I guess for the price its worth it. Will update this post with pics in the evening/late night.

Special thanks to thegame and comp@ddict

Congrats.. O2X is a very good phone.. Have fun...

amitjoel said:
i purchased galaxy r from lets buy and was delivered in 3 days sharp with some extra accessories , and believe me the phone is very good. although battery life is one day (24hrs), but if u want all the HD games ans live wallpapers , the phone is worth it.
Congo!! for the new buy ... can u do a review for people who are still confused between Lg O2x and Galaxy R

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

boogeyman said:
Pic updated. Now to root it and see what this thing is capable of :D
It sure looks beautiful :D ...Do update us with a review of it

shad said:
It sure looks beautiful :D ...Do update us with a review of it

There are hundreds of reviews available online since its a pretty popular phone. Just check gsmarena and phonearena for the more detailed ones. In fact even our own igyaan has done one

The biggest problem with Galaxy R is it has virtually no Developer support :mad: even I am in the same boat ( confused between Galaxy R and Optimus 2x ) and after spending one week on the net finding virtually no dedicated forum for Galaxy R I am leaning towards Optimus 2x as it has tons of dev support ...

okay fellas, so now with Samsung officially giving SGR a GO for ICS.. which among these two would be a better bet for 20k??

Also, if i flash a O2X with CM7.1 stable, will there be any problem getting the official ICS when LG starts rolling them out?

Answers to these two qns would be appreciated.

Abhishek

Hey what were the accessories from letsbuy?

Back