Android Samsung Galaxy S3 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
By any chance anyone interested in trading their white s3 for my red s3..... I want white one.... its only 10 days old so has nearly 1 year warranty... I m in Bangalore, FYI.....

can anyone tell me where can i buy samsung galaxy s3 i9305 2gb ram version ???
Can sombody can help me with this bcoz i am waiting for it but dont know how i shld get it and which model LTE will work with india and i dont want to wait for S G 4 till june 2013 so somebody plz help

Follow these steps :

1. Disconnect your phone from the computer
2. Start "Kies" update to latest version (if reqd)
3. Click "Tools" -> "Firmware Upgrade and Initialisation"
4. Enter "Model name" = GT-I9300 and click "OK".
5. Enter "Serial Number" on next screen and click "OK". (The Serial no. can be found on the sticker in the battery compartment. Eg: S/N: XXXXXX)
6. Click "OK" on next screen
7. The next screen will display the Firmware version {PDA:LJ5 / PHONE:LJ1 / CSC:LI7 (INU)}. Click "OK" to proceed.
8. Wait a while till the system downloads firmware upgrade components
9. Follow the instructions on next screen, connect the phone & switch to "Download" mode, click the check box to accept that you have read the information and click "Start Upgrade" to start the process.
10. The latest firmware will be downloaded and phone will restart with LJ5 installed.

Kies wasnt showing the direct update to me as well...

That method will factory reset the phone.
Does OTA updates keeps the data/settings/apps on the phone? (whenever it comes.)

Guys, first time android user, coming from Iphone 4, the inbuilt email client of the S3 is quite inept, is there anything better? I have read about Droidmail and K9mail, anything else?

Its feels smoother ! Google Now is very accurate for Indian accent... Although battery seem to last shorter compared to ICS backup...

After using the latest update for a few days, I can definitely see the S3 performing smoother and faster...Battery life has not improved and I do not see a big difference compared to ICS.... After the update, I decided to stay with the Samsung rom since it performs better... All the features found in stock jelly bean is present.... Now you can preview your messages and email in notification bar itself with two finger slide.... also more features are present in settings menu like Blocking mode etc.... also pop up player can be resized now... nice to see samsung bringing all the updates from jelly bean.... Benchmark scores have certainly improved for me compared to the previous ICS...

- - - Updated - - -

If Galaxy Note is getting Multiview just like Galaxy Note 2, Couldn't S3 also get one???? S3 does have 4.8 inch screen, which is neither small nor big and would support multiview plus S3 has better hardware than Note...

Note multiview video

Finally updated my S3 via the ODIN route as crappy Kies always hanged after downloading firmware components.The phone is way smoother now.The way apps bloom in and out is awesome.Battery life seems to be the same as ICS so far.Was not very impressed with the performance of Google Now at catching Indian accent.

Downloaded the leaked 4.1.2 firmware today.... Has all the features found in Note II including the multiview mode... Really impressed with performance as it is more smoother and better than 4.1.1.... Compared it with my friends Note II and it was same performance without any lag... This ROM will release in December... If you do NOT want to wait, then go for it... You will not regret it.... Huge stride in benchmark as I was getting 210 MFLOPS in Linpack and 6500 in Quadrant (Which is closer to Optimus G/Nexus 4)..... I have attached the screenshots of all the changes/features..... WHO NEEDS NOTE II NOW??? :p GO S3............... I LOVE IT.....

Features:
  • Android 4.1.2 – JZO54K
  • Multi-View (Multi Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II)
  • Page Buddy
  • Notification Panel (Notification Panel can now be customized)
  • Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
  • Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
  • Paper Artist App (Same as in Note II)
  • New Gallery App (Same as in Note II – This is AWESOME)

PLEASE NOTE: You flash it the same way you do the official Samsung ROM through ODIN... Before you flash through ODIN, please reset and remove your root because this ROM already comes pre rooted... I did not do that and had fail in ODIN 4 times before realizing my mistake :duh: Also remember to wipe cache and Dalvik cache... Please read the instructions....

Here is the download link: Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9300XXELK4_I9300OJKELK5_ILO.zip
Instructions on how to flash: Install / Flash Jelly Bean 4.1.2 I9300XXELK4 on Galaxy S3 with Odin - DonAndroid

Here are screenshots:

FEATURES:

Multiview:
Youtube/Chrome Browser
Screenshot_2012-11-16-20-21-32.jpg

Video player/Youtube (absolute zero lag and sound from both videos like pc... Real impressive)
Screenshot_2012-11-16-20-22-08.jpg

Techenclave/Maps
Screenshot_2012-11-16-20-26-41.jpg

Techenclave/Maps (Vertical view)
Screenshot_2012-11-16-20-27-05.jpg

New Cool Jazz font added with this update

Screenshot_2012-11-16-21-03-23.jpg

Apps supported for multiview is same as Note II
Screenshot_2012-11-16-21-03-33.jpg

New features like Page Buddy, Customizing Notification Panel is present in Display settings
Screenshot_2012-11-16-21-03-48.jpg

Features like Smart Rotation is also present
Screenshot_2012-11-16-21-04-00.jpg

Customizing Notification panels
Screenshot_2012-11-16-21-04-13.jpg

Paper Artist
Screenshot_2012-11-16-21-04-32.jpg

Note II Gallery view
Screenshot_2012-11-16-21-10-54.jpg

Screenshot_2012-11-16-21-10-07.jpg

BENCHMARKS:

Quadrant (6500)
Screenshot_2012-11-16-21-59-42.jpg

Linpack (211.10 MFLOPS)
Screenshot_2012-11-16-22-00-43.jpg

Nenamark 2 (59.2 fps)
Screenshot_2012-11-16-22-07-28.jpg

Antutu Benchmark (12944)
Screenshot_2012-11-16-22-06-40.jpg

^^ New update - Continuing upon my previous post of 4.1.2 leaked firmware.... With following files, you can multiview any apps you want (provided it supports) and also camera video recording error fixed (Previously the video was not recording fine)

Enabling multiview for all apps - [MOD][4.1.2] Enable Multiview for all available apps - xda-developers

Camera fix - [Fix] Video recording fix for XXELK4+custom kernels - xda-developers

Note that this is only for XXELK4 4.1.2 leaked jellybean firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back