Android Samsung Galaxy S4 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Well, It happened to me as well but while recording FullHD video (on internal storage). It did happened once on first day but now it is not happening.. Clearing cache might help you. Are you using external SD Card? If yes, which?

^ Well, It happened to me as well but while recording FullHD video (on internal storage). It did happened once on first day but now it is not happening.. Clearing cache might help you. Are you using external SD Card? If yes, which?

Using external sd sandisk class 6 16gb! Maybe I will switch to phone memory..

Disturbance in the earpiece and the phone gets way to hot! 52d C !! Anyone else facing these issues? Samsung Repair Center says they will not replace my phone but 'fix' the issues instead?!

My phone also get extremely hot. Thinking of visiting service centre to complaint this issue. How to check the temp?

Well, the phone gets hot when I play high graphics games. But that is normal. It happens with EVERY OTHER DEVICE. Otherwise, I did not experience heat issues so far.

In my case, if I talk 15min continously, phone gets hot or if I just browse for 15-20 minutes then also temp goes high

Androsensor - App for checking the temp. Even while talking for 15mins+ heats the phone up .. just terrible.

Anyone facing a disturbance in the earpiece ?

They are refusing to replace the phone.
The last time I had a problem with my galaxy s3, they returned it with a lot of scratches.
I don't want to give them my s4 unless I am getting a replacement.

Any suggestions ??

Got my hands on GS4 for a short time today, there are few things i noticed :
  • Device is feather light, you almost feel like you are holding a dummy phone.
  • 1080p screen is a spot on and is much more saturated then Note2's 720p screen, simply the best one used in a portable device until now. I haven't seen htc One s-lcd screen in person yet though.
  • TouchWiz is the same annoying shit that it used to be on previous sammy phones.
Then i noticed the lag, that too while swiping home screen's which is shame to such a powerful device. Octa-core fails to deliver smoothness and it must the delay time while the low powered Cortex A7's kicks in to action.

Got my hands on GS4 for a short time today, there are few things i noticed :
  • Device is feather light, you almost feel like you are holding a dummy phone.
  • 1080p screen is a spot on and is much more saturated then Note2's 720p screen, simply the best one used in a portable device until now. I haven't seen htc One s-lcd screen in person yet though.
  • TouchWiz is the same annoying shit that it used to be on previous sammy phones.
Then i noticed the lag, that too while swiping home screen's which is shame to such a powerful device. Octa-core fails to deliver smoothness and it must the delay time while the low powered Cortex A7's kicks in to action.
Again, what lag?

Not sure why some people are just not ready to accept there are lags :p
Octa core 16 core, zillion core won't matter unless the OS has been optimized to work better with the hardware.

Isn't the lag mainly due to touchwiz UI and not due to Android os fault? If just a normal os was installed without the extra factory bells and whistles and extra unwanted memory hogging apps, I'm sure the experience would be better.

Isn't the lag mainly due to touchwiz UI and not due to Android os fault? If just a normal os was installed without the extra factory bells and whistles and extra unwanted memory hogging apps, I'm sure the experience would be better.

True that. So users who don't care about the gimmicky features might prefer the S4 with stock android for better experience.

Android will always lag till they make changes to the way it handles processes. UI and OTher stuff are being worked upon/rendered at the same time.

With @pple the UI process has the highest priority, so when say for example touch and scroll around a webpage that is heavy and not completely loaded it will move around but you will see grey and white chequered boxes.

It's not an android lag, not even TouchWiz lag as the same skin is running on US version of S4 which is running on different chipset ie. Snapdragon S600.
Lag is only present in international version which is running on their native chipset ie. Exynos 5 octa which has 2 set of quad cores mainly A7 and A15. It is struggling in giving smooth experience like the US version.

Hopefully a patch is expected from samsung to fix the lag issue.

Not sure why some people are just not ready to accept there are lags :p
Octa core 16 core, zillion core won't matter unless the OS has been optimized to work better with the hardware.
So do you mean windows phone is best? or bringing apple vs android war? ;)

So do you mean windows phone is best? or bringing apple vs android war? ;)

I see people mentioning here only how lag free windows phone is. I have never used so have no idea but if that is indeed the case yes windows also is good, not counting the app store of windows or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back