Samsung Galaxy S4 @ Rs. 32,243.00 and Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 @ Rs. 26,439.00

Last edited:
There is a specified list of smartphones that are accepted for buyback or exchange by Samsung and that will give you the 7k off on the Smart Buy price which then brings it down to 34k or so. Thats what they mean by buyback.

Having owned the S2 and learnt a mistake with buying Samsung smartphones at the top range when just launched is that Samsung has a hairbrained idiotic policy of depreciating their phones faster than you blink.. so much so that it's just never worth buying any of their just launched phones till sometime later and at a big discount to their launch prices.

Take a look at this blog article which explains exactly what i mean.

http://jetstreaming.blogspot.in/2013/06/how-to-choose-right-smartphone-and-save.html

I find it really stupid now to buy any Samsung smartphone anytime time before 6 months post launch. It's just a ripoff

Last edited:
There is a specified list of smartphones that are accepted for buyback or exchange by Samsung and that will give you the 7k off on the Smart Buy price which then brings it down to 34k or so. Thats what they mean by buyback.

Having owned the S2 and learnt a mistake with buying Samsung smartphones at the top range when just launched is that Samsung has a hairbrained idiotic policy of depreciating their phones faster than you blink.. so much so that it's just never worth buying any of their just launched phones till sometime later and at a big discount to their launch prices.

http://jetstreaming.blogspot.in/2013/06/how-to-choose-right-smartphone-and-save.html

I find it really stupid now to buy any Samsung smartphone anytime time before 6 months post launch. It's just a ripoff
I wouldn't call it a ripoff. Any device loses it's novelty value after the initial buzz. What you are paying for is the novelty factor.

Its out of samsungs control, this is purely a supply issue. The price gets cheaper as 3-6 months after launch the supply is more stable. Consequently when you try to sell your samsung there are also a lot of others in the market trying to sell theirs.
Its still a good product but the overabundance of supply affects the asking price more over time.

Its a good post, most of the points i've already figured out myself so this puts it all in one place. There is one bit i'm unsure of..

In a majority of the cases, the waiting times for these updates can get quite long as each manufacturer works to customise every version update of Android from Google to each and every smartphone model they have produced.
HTC will first customise the stock Android OS with their Sense interface just as Samsung will do the same for their Touchwiz interface before they can release them for updates to their smartphone range. This is also important because most smartphones will only be updated for a couple of years or so from launch by manufacturers to support the latest OS version. After that, you're just going to have to upgrade your phone.
Most ? i think only flagships will get that its not clear whether mid range or lower will get support beyond a year after purchase. The picture is fuzzy here depending on who makes the phone, at what point in the present OS cycle it launched and whether google takes 1 or two years to launch the next OS.

See this

Why should we have to depend on insider rumours that may not be accurate and why can't samsung just come out and tell you directly how long they will support their devices.

Last edited:
Back