Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus

One of my friend bought Galaxy Nexus for 20k from VT and the other one from Indraprasth, borivali for 20.8k

Guys i am looking to buy GNex so should i go with it or should i wait and buy Xperia T?

20k is awesome price. I would have purchased it with my eyes closed. Definitely the best phone at that price range :) Don't forget about the awesome community support.

currently using mx player on my defy and i must say its one of the best player available for android phones... the problem is my defy is not capable of playing 720p moviez and videos... no matter in which player i play those movies... I had seen one video on youtube and in that video one user tries to play almost all the format videos on Galaxy nexus... Most of the videos Galaxy Nexus played wid out breaking a sweat but when the user tried to play some high def 720p moviez the movies lagged...

currently using mx player on my defy and i must say its one of the best player available for android phones... the problem is my defy is not capable of playing 720p moviez and videos... no matter in which player i play those movies... I had seen one video on youtube and in that video one user tries to play almost all the format videos on Galaxy nexus... Most of the videos Galaxy Nexus played wid out breaking a sweat but when the user tried to play some high def 720p moviez the movies lagged...

Have you downloaded this??
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.ffmpeg.v7_vfpv3d16&hl=en

After downloading, Open mx player -> preferences

Under the docoding header -
Check s/w decoder.
Uncheck "Fast Mode".

Should work for mkv.

Try getting custom rom for ur Defy, in which u can overclock to 1ghz & can play 720p vides & even record too...

Usually most of the dual-core phones play all 720p & 1080p videos right in the phone. I have tried heaviest 4gb 720p file, worked fine with SGSII using MxPlayer.

My defy is capable of playing mkv SD videos but not 720p or 1080p mkv videos... it would be better if Gnex users can shed some light on this...
Ok. I AM a gnex user. Now there are 2 separate issues.

1) mkv playback on the Gnex.
Solution is the one that I have provided.

2) Playing 1080p smoothly.
Even I am looking for a solution.

Two words... Dice Player...
Just downloaded Dice player and tried The Avengers 1080p in mp4 format. It lagged like hell. Haven't given 720p videos on Dice a try. Are you using it paired with some codec?

Just downloaded Dice player and tried The Avengers 1080p in mp4 format. It lagged like hell. Haven't given 720p videos on Dice a try. Are you using it paired with some codec?

I have never tried 1080p on my Galaxy Nexus... hell, I don't even run 1080p on my 21" desktop screen... Its overkill...

I have never tried 1080p on my Galaxy Nexus... hell, I don't even run 1080p on my 21" desktop screen... Its overkill...

True that. I should be happy with 720p playback. Actually I downloaded The Avengers in 1080p format for my Sony TV and wanted to enjoy the same on the go. I am happy with mx player + arm v7 codec. It works fine for 720p. Dice is cool for the same? That is, 720p playback? No lag? No choppiness? No A/V out of sync issues?

Try getting custom rom for ur Defy, in which u can overclock to 1ghz & can play 720p vides & even record too...

Usually most of the dual-core phones play all 720p & 1080p videos right in the phone. I have tried heaviest 4gb 720p file, worked fine with SGSII using MxPlayer.

Already on a custom rom (CM10)... If your device's hardware is not capable of decoding 720 or 1080p videos, no matter what software you use those videos wont run smoothly on your device...

SGSII is in a different league... it has Mali 400 GPU which is IMO 2x more powerful than PowerVR SGX540

I think i am ruining this thread... Would try to get one of my friends Gnex and would try to play 720 videos myself...

Thanks for your suggestions btw :)

True that. I should be happy with 720p playback. Actually I downloaded The Avengers in 1080p format for my Sony TV and wanted to enjoy the same on the go. I am happy with mx player + arm v7 codec. It works fine for 720p. Dice is cool for the same? That is, 720p playback? No lag? No choppiness? No A/V out of sync issues?

If MX Player works well for you, thats cool... But many people swear by Dice Player and its support for full H/W Acceleration playback.

Why are people trying to run 1080p videos on their Nexus? The screen is so small to notice a difference between 720p and 1080p. You need a screen bigger than 55" atleast for your eyes to notice a difference between both of them :S

One of my friend bought Galaxy Nexus for 20k from VT and the other one from Indraprasth, borivali for 20.8k

Guys i am looking to buy GNex so should i go with it or should i wait and buy Xperia T?

hey hades, can you please give me shop name or location from where he got the phone ?

Back