Samsung I5801 Galaxy3 listed in Univercell for Rs.Rs 10,769 /-(Approx)

when I inquired about this phone with model no & OS , 1st dealer's desk guy said " Sir , there is only Wave & i9000 , there is no other new models .I said it's based Android , his reply - sir it's Bada & Android are same . I just ran away .

2nd dealer - desk girl - Sir - it was spica with 5700 no & it's not available now , wave & SGS are only latest ones .

Can some 1 from Banglore can check Flipkart about it's availability @ there store locally .

if some 1 can make that , I like to order it on Flipkart

Samsung has announced the launch of its "Affordable Android Smartphone" duo - Galaxy 3 and Galaxy 5 in the Indian market. The launch of these two smartphones comes just a few weeks after the deadly duo of the Galaxy S and the Wave were introduced in India. Both Samsung Galaxy 3 and Galaxy 5 boasts of Android centric features like the Layar Reality Browser - an augmented reality application that shows the user what is around him/her by displaying real time digital information, social hubs and support for almost all Google services.

Like the Galaxy S, both the phones support Swype text input and feature Samsung's updated Touchwiz 3.0 UI as well. The Galaxy 3 lets the user customize upto seven home screens. In addition, both Samsung Galaxy 3 (I5801) and Galaxy 5 (I5503) support what Samsung calls AllShare - a feature via which users can share Multimedia content between devices like the mobile and the PC as well as the TV. The phones can also function as TV QWERTY remote. Apart from that, Galaxy 3 has out-of-the-box DivX format support enabling you to watch digital videos without transcoding issues.

Let's take a look at each of the devices now.

Samsung Galaxy 3 ( I5801)

This model is step higher version of Galaxy i5700 Spica. The Galaxy 3 comes with a 3.2-inch WQVGA 16M TFT hi-resolution screen and an auto focus camera at the rear. It also supports and a Wi-Fi connectivity. The phone comes with a 1500 mAH battery and an internal memory of 130MB which is further expandable to 32GB using microSD cards. Users can also download applications from Samsung Apps store. The Samsung Galaxy also comes preloaded with ThinkFree Office Mobile which lets the user create, view and edit word documents, spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations. The phone also supports DivX, Xvid, MPEG4, Real and WMV movie files and FM radio. Samsung will be offering Galaxy 3 (I5801) for Rs.12,300.

Samsung Galaxy 5 ( I5503)

As for the Galaxy 5, this one comes with a 2.8-inch QVGA TFT screen and has a 2MP fixed focus camera. Connectivity options include Bluetooth 2.1, Wi-Fi connectivity, 3G HSDPA with speeds up to 7.2 mbps. For music lovers, there is a 3.5 mm jack as well. The device also comes with FM radio and A-GPS. The 90 MB internal of the phone memory is further upgradeable to 16GB. The Samsung Galaxy 5 (I5503) is priced at Rs.10, 200.

Galaxy 3 would be capable of running Android Froyo 2.2 update too. This is due to the 256MB RAM inside it compared to a mere 128MB RAM inside i5700 Spica. If you're looking for low-cost multimedia Android smartphone, then these are your best bets.

Techtree.com India > News > Consumer Electronics > Samsung Unveils Affordable Android Phones in India

Techtree has news about official announcement of these phones. I guess in a week or so it should be available in most cities.

Lookwise the i5801 released with Orange in UK is more stylish....but again 12.3k for this phone is still too much. I might just wait for another month and get a samsung wave at a lower price ...right now i m getting it for 16.5k with no frills like screen guard and memory card or pouch.

^ its with a dealer here in vashi ...still negotiating...

and today i did try i5801.....i must say the phone is fast ...i cudnt try many application ...but writing an sms with swpye was good . also the resolution didnt look that bad . it had .mp4 file in it and it played well ...but after wacthing videos on wave ..nuthing suits my eyes :S .... best price i got for galaxy3 is 12K...and yes its the same one released in uk with orange...so yea the shiny front is there which some ppl wont really like...can anyone tryout this phone and list some pros and cons....need to decided between wave and galaxy 3 ...or something better.

agm_105 said:

and today i did try i5801.....i must say the phone is fast ...i cudnt try many application ...but writing an sms with swpye was good . also the resolution didnt look that bad . it had .mp4 file in it and it played well ...but after wacthing videos on wave ..nuthing suits my eyes :S .... best price i got for galaxy3 is 12K...and yes its the same one released in uk with orange...so yea the shiny front is there which some ppl wont really like...can anyone tryout this phone and list some pros and cons....need to decided between wave and galaxy 3 ...or something better.

GSM Arena Review

Main disadvantages

* Display resolution is too low; poor sunlight legibility
* Editing complex documents is very slow
* No free GPS navigation solution
* No Flash support for the web browser
* Video recording is poor
* The all-plastic body is a real fingerprint magnet

agm_105 said:
Is flipkart a good portal to buy .....and will it have warranty ???

Yeah it will have warranty and they have COD option too in select cities.Flipkart s reliable I have got many books from there.

Went to a samsung store and couple of other shops on JM road (Pune) yesterday, its not in stock.

The samsung guy had no idea when I said galaxy 3, he was like "Sir do you mean the Galaxy S"

Hacker said:
Went to a samsung store and couple of other shops on JM road (Pune) yesterday, its not in stock.

The samsung guy had no idea when I said galaxy 3, he was like "Sir do you mean the Galaxy S"

same is the case here.

I am thinking of getting it from flipkart for 11.9k as they have cod option for mumbai.

Hacker said:

yesterday 1 dealer has confiremed these 2 models but as per him stock is arriving in next month :(

agm_105 said:

which dealer in vashi?

i would like to go and try..

my friend who wanted to buy has postponed the purchase so cant review :(

Just had my hand on i5801 at reliance digital..

Those who have used spica i5700 are gonna be disappointed after having spent 15 mins with the fone.

*Those who found the i5801 to be smoother.. Go to Settings > Sound and Display > Animation. Select all animations.

Resolution and screen size size was disappointment.

You can see text distorted while scrolling.

The brightness is pathetic. The maximum brightness level was just a little above i5700's minimum brightness level.

There is no physical camera key.

The swype keyboard looks crappy on slimmer screen.

I seriously did not like the build quality of the back cover.

I would request not selling i5700 for this one to those who are considering this. It is not worth its price. Why samsung did this is beyond my understanding.

Sent from my Cell Fone using TapaTalk. :) Pardon me for any typos. :p

madnav said:
Just had my hand on i5801 at reliance digital..

Those who have used spica i5700 are gonna be disappointed after having spent 15 mins with the fone.

*Those who found the i5801 to be smoother.. Go to Settings > Sound and Display > Animation. Select all animations.

Resolution and screen size size was disappointment.

You can see text distorted while scrolling.

The brightness is pathetic. The maximum brightness level was just a little above i5700's minimum brightness level.

There is no physical camera key.

The swype keyboard looks crappy on slimmer screen.

I seriously did not like the build quality of the back cover.

I would request not selling i5700 for this one to those who are considering this. It is not worth its price. Why samsung did this is beyond my understanding.

Sent from my Cell Fone using TapaTalk. :) Pardon me for any typos. :p
there goes my plan of getting i5801.

I used the galaxy 3 and in comparison to my galaxy S in terms of pure UI functionality/speed it ain't bad at all, not much lag for 2.1. The spica sucks bigtime with the 2.1 upgrade.. dealer quoted 11,500 for the galaxy 3 btw..

sathyanaidu said:
I used the galaxy 3 and in comparison to my galaxy S in terms of pure UI functionality/speed it ain't bad at all, not much lag for 2.1. The spica sucks bigtime with the 2.1 upgrade.. dealer quoted 11,500 for the galaxy 3 btw..
repeat!

coz that is not the case with other galaxies :p

Back