Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II or Motorola ATRIX 4G or T-Mobile G2x

allyrocky

Disciple
Looking for a new phone and I have short listed above Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II or Motorola ATRIX 4G or T-Mobile G2x ..

Kindly let me know which phone should I go for ?

Galaxy S2 id far Superior.. Except for the Build Quality

I suggest you wait for HTC Sensation - Only con is SLCD Screen

But it is supposed to have made up of a Unibody Aluminum.. So it should be somewhat good

I'll tell you why I say SGS II is better than HTC Sensation...

1) All the HTC devices have poor battery life. So far there has been no change & it is unlikely to change with Sensation. Plus HTC's 1520mAh vs Sammy's 1650mAh.

2) HTC's 768mb RAM vs SGS2's 1GB.

3) HTC's 1GB internal storage vs SGS2's 16GB/32GB internal storage. (plus with mSD card storage upto HTC's 33GB vs SGS2's 48GB/64GB)

4) Sensation is thicker than SGS2. SGS2 is 8.5mm whereas Sensations is 11.3mm!!!!!! SGS2 is lighter also (32gm lighter).

5) SGS2 has 2mp front cam whereas Sensation has 0.3mp front cam.

6) HTC's HSDPA restricts 3G Speed to 14mbps vs SGS2's 21mbps (Not that important right now but it's still future proof & more bang for your bucks)

AND FINALLY......

7) HTC's S-LCD vs SGS2's S-AMOLED Plus ... need I say more?

aercy said:
I'll tell you why I say SGS II is better than HTC Sensation...

1) All the HTC devices have poor battery life. So far there has been no change & it is unlikely to change with Sensation. Plus HTC's 1520mAh vs Sammy's 1650mAh.

2) HTC's 768mb RAM vs SGS2's 1GB.

3) HTC's 1GB internal storage vs SGS2's 16GB/32GB internal storage. (plus with mSD card storage upto HTC's 33GB vs SGS2's 48GB/64GB)

4) Sensation is thicker than SGS2. SGS2 is 8.5mm whereas Sensations is 11.3mm!!!!!! SGS2 is lighter also (32gm lighter).

5) SGS2 has 2mp front cam whereas Sensation has 0.3mp front cam.

6) HTC's HSDPA restricts 3G Speed to 14mbps vs SGS2's 21mbps (Not that important right now but it's still future proof & more bang for your bucks)

AND FINALLY......

7) HTC's S-LCD vs SGS2's S-AMOLED Plus ... need I say more?
Now that's only one side of the argument. Please list down the negatives of SGS II so that your view will be balanced.

I am not very sure 768 MB vs 1 GB RAM will make much of a difference for the time being. I am surprised that no one has mentioned that the Adreno 220 in the Sensation seems to be faster than the Mali 400 on the Galaxy S2 judging by Anandtech's previews. But this could change quite easily with driver fixes and optimization. Anand is bound to review the Galaxy S2 any time now, and this should give a clear picture on graphics performance. My gut feeling is that the price drops on these dual-core phones will be much more rapid than usual. My tentative prediction that by the end of the year the Galaxy S2 will cost no more than 22K. So do not buy the phone unless you are the type who worries about price drops!

^^^^now i do see ur point on how the sgsII is better but the htc has positives too

1)much better build qaulity, something htc is known for

2)a much better processor+gpu combo than sgsII as shown by anand

3)stereo voice recording

4)sense ui 3 (ok might be a personal preference but i do prefer it to the samsung's touchwiz)

5)a higher clocked proccy+gpu combo (depends on whether we get the uk version or not)

also the negative which is really putting me off the htc is it might have a locked bootloader

moksh4u2 said:
^^^^now i do see ur point on how the sgsII is better but the htc has positives too

1)much better build qaulity, something htc is known for

2)a much better processor+gpu combo than sgsII as shown by anand

3)stereo voice recording

4)sense ui 3 (ok might be a personal preference but i do prefer it to the samsung's touchwiz)

5)a higher clocked proccy+gpu combo (depends on whether we get the uk version or not)

also the negative which is really putting me off the htc is it might have a locked bootloader
Don't forget bad battery life

Back