Samsung Note 2 vs Galaxy S3 ?? Help..

Sylar

Disciple
Hello Everyone .
I am using the Nokia N8, its started to give me a little problems , i am planning to buy a new one.
I am in a fix about which one to buy, the Note 2 and the S3 ???
I could not fine a Proper Benchmark and Dogfight video between the two devices. And the Display screen comparisons havent been dont on youtube as well .. :(

Please help me out about which one to pick.
Please post detailed answers supporting ur suggestions...
Thanking in Advance :)

LOL,,, ok :p

Hey fellow N8 user..
Well my device is like now 2 years old ,i had extended its warranty
This phone of mine after the Anna Update started hanging ALOT, used to Restart again and again, i tried a number of things to improve it , but ALAS!!! didnt work ...
Then came Belle it was a lil better than the ANNA but still used to hang and Restart. or suddenly Choke on Processes..
I HAD LIKE 5000+ Messages saved send and Inbox Combined. I know it is a big load on this phone.. But still..
this present day it has Belle Refresh OS on it.. it is quite better from the OLD Belle but still occasionally hangs.. I Deleted almost 4000 messages from my phone, and now it seems to be fine .
But still SMS should not be a problem.
What all Problems r u facing ???
And Yes extending the Warranty is not bad, i got it done....

Think they have modified the hardware a bit to support Anna and its successors. I dont find any freezes or hangs since i bought it less than a year ago and it came with Anna pre-installed. After updating to Belle the only issue i had is that Sygic mobile maps is not working. None of the versions. I have gone through the sygic forums and they just said that they are not supporting symbian devices anymore. I was shocked.

Recently i updated to Belle refresh and i dont find a big difference. But i didnt try installing Sygic in Refresh since i am hopeless that a 14 MB update will bring any wonder like supporting belle refresh. BTW, is there any patch or any workaround to make sygic mobile maps work in my device. On the side note, i dont like Nokia maps because i tried downloading the offline maps of my location but it downloaded and i didnt know how to use it..

Sygic mobile Maps was a breeze and it was beautiful. Have you any idea about the compatibility of SMM with BELLE REFRESH ?.

Except the above i dont face any issues. I think since you bought the device before Anna release, the HW would have been a little week to support the new versions like Anna, Belle, etc...

You could have returned the device to the service center and tried. And i delete messages often and have a minimal set of software installed. May be that is the reason i am not facing any hiccups..

Think they have modified the hardware a bit to support Anna and its successors. I dont find any freezes or hangs since i bought it less than a year ago and it came with Anna pre-installed. After updating to Belle the only issue i had is that Sygic mobile maps is not working. None of the versions. I have gone through the sygic forums and they just said that they are not supporting symbian devices anymore. I was shocked.

Recently i updated to Belle refresh and i dont find a big difference. But i didnt try installing Sygic in Refresh since i am hopeless that a 14 MB update will bring any wonder like supporting belle refresh. BTW, is there any patch or any workaround to make sygic mobile maps work in my device. On the side note, i dont like Nokia maps because i tried downloading the offline maps of my location but it downloaded and i didnt know how to use it..

Sygic mobile Maps was a breeze and it was beautiful. Have you any idea about the compatibility of SMM with BELLE REFRESH ?.

Except the above i dont face any issues. I think since you bought the device before Anna release, the HW would have been a little week to support the new versions like Anna, Belle, etc...

You could have returned the device to the service center and tried. And i delete messages often and have a minimal set of software installed. May be that is the reason i am not facing any hiccups..

Hmm.. Well i bought this when it just launched.
I wont advice to do update over the AIR..
The Update when u connect it to the Suite is for 220 MB which is a good size and it covers all the parts of a UPDATE. I dont think the it is Compatible for the Belle refresh... Yes i too have heard that they did some hardware changes for Anna and Belle OS ...

Hmm.. Well i bought this when it just launched.
I wont advice to do update over the AIR..
The Update when u connect it to the Suite is for 220 MB which is a good size and it covers all the parts of a UPDATE. I dont think the it is Compatible for the Belle refresh... Yes i too have heard that they did some hardware changes for Anna and Belle OS ...

Yes, initially i installed it OTA and the process was smooth indeed. But i was not satisfied. I re-flashed the FW using Nokia care suite. BTW is there any way to reflash the FW with Nokia ovi ?. There isnt such an option and it says that i have the updated software to install and there is no option to reflash it. That made me do it through nokia care suite...

Most probably this will be my last Nokia/symbian device...

I'd say Note 2. with that 1.6 ghz quad core processor and 2gb ram it's damn good. i saw its available for 38.5k pre order some where online
OO yes it seems to be the fastest Mobile phones avaliable (only seems, dont really know it yet).
Yup its Available on Infibeam, i checked it out 2 days ago.

Yes, initially i installed it OTA and the process was smooth indeed. But i was not satisfied. I re-flashed the FW using Nokia care suite. BTW is there any way to reflash the FW with Nokia ovi ?. There isnt such an option and it says that i have the updated software to install and there is no option to reflash it. That made me do it through nokia care suite...

Most probably this will be my last Nokia/symbian device...
Well there is a way to reInstall the software, which is available on your OVI suite.
If nothing works u can try Re-flashing USING PHOENIX. It is used by the Nokia Care people too... Nokia Definitely need to do more than the Windows Phones and the PUREVID technology if it wants to stay in the market..

Please dont make the same mistake like I did. I purchased an iPhone 4 last year since I couldn't wait for the iPhone 4s and I kept regretting it ever since the 4s was launched. Now I dont regret it hehe since I am hell and heaven bent on buying the Note 2 and only Note 2!!!!!!!! Cheers!

Dude go for the Note 2 if you like big screen smartphones if big screen isnt your cup of tea then get the S3 :) Also benchmarks are you a hacker ??? why i ask this is people get obsessed over scores when in return they never hack there phones or things like that both of these phones are really powerful also the other thing you do no the note 2 is the same processor as the S3 but its slightly over clocked 1.6ghz :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm...
Well as far as the iPhone 5 is concerned Then the S3 can easily Over power it.
Yes i am also waiting for the NOte 2to release... :p ;)

lol are you for sure the S3 Can over power the iPhone 5 ??? dude have you been living under a rock?? if the iPhone 5 is using the A15 dual core architecture in the A6 Processor the A6 will eat up the quad core for breakfast FACT... And here is some proof to give you a wake up call LOL http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1030202 if these scores are for real its already eating up the mali 400 quad core from sammy lol iPhone 5 is no joke do not under estimate the dual core monster :)

Dude go for the Note 2 if you like big screen smartphones if big screen isnt your cup of tea then get the S3 :) Also benchmarks are you a hacker ??? why i ask this is people get obsessed over scores when in return they never hack there phones or things like that both of these phones are really powerful also the other thing you do no the note 2 is the same processor as the S3 but its slightly over clocked 1.6ghz :)
Ya well i read the stats .. and the main plus point is that it has 2 Gigs of RAM...
I use a Motorola Xoom Benchmarks matter to me.. I have already overclocked my Xoom.. I aint a hacker but sure trying to be one .. attending workshops
tongu23e.gif

Unfortunately i couldn't OC my N8
sad.png

lol are you for sure the S3 Can over power the iPhone 5 ??? dude have you been living under a rock?? if the iPhone 5 is using the A15 dual core architecture in the A6 Processor the A6 will eat up the quad core for breakfast FACT... And here is some proof to give you a wake up call LOL iPhone5,2 - Geekbench Browser if these scores are for real its already eating up the mali 400 quad core from sammy lol iPhone 5 is no joke do not under estimate the dual core monster :)

When i posted this one i hadnt read the iPhone 5 specs as i couldnt find its true specs on web, there were only Speculations on the web about the processor and RAM used on iPhone 5..
Saw ur site pretty Impressive Scores i Admit, but where is the comparison on the Note 2 ?????
Secondly as far as the RAW potential of the devices NOTE 2 takes the cake.. No Doubt...

OP, Definately 100 1000% Note 2, I had gone to a sales training event for Note 2 and the features are simply mind blowing. But first the Hardware, 16GHz Quad Core, 2Gb Ram and 650 MHz GPU are great. But the Features samsung has built on top of it are what took my breadth away.
1) One Hand operaiton - All input elements move to one side of the screen within easy grasp
2) Auto Text - As soon as you write a word it suggests the next word. And also it learns based on your sentence usage
3) Air view - the stylus now has an additional level of functionality, when you hover it above a mesage, mail, contact or photo you get a preview of it
4) Keypad Mouse - The keypad doubles up as a mouse, they had to give up swype for it though :(
5) Best face shot - takes 5 shots of each 'face' in a photo and recommends the best for each face
6) Stylus gestures and quick commands
7) Contextual UX - As soon as you pull out the stylus the entire home screen takes on a different different dimension, or as soon as you put in the jack all music/video apps take over the homescren
8) Screen record
+ Many more

My reco just wait a few weeks samsung has promised a sep last week launch.

OP, Definately 100 1000% Note 2, I had gone to a sales training event for Note 2 and the features are simply mind blowing. But first the Hardware, 16GHz Quad Core, 2Gb Ram and 650 MHz GPU are great. But the Features samsung has built on top of it are what took my breadth away.
1) One Hand operaiton - All input elements move to one side of the screen within easy grasp
2) Auto Text - As soon as you write a word it suggests the next word. And also it learns based on your sentence usage
3) Air view - the stylus now has an additional level of functionality, when you hover it above a mesage, mail, contact or photo you get a preview of it
4) Keypad Mouse - The keypad doubles up as a mouse, they had to give up swype for it though :(
5) Best face shot - takes 5 shots of each 'face' in a photo and recommends the best for each face
6) Stylus gestures and quick commands
7) Contextual UX - As soon as you pull out the stylus the entire home screen takes on a different different dimension, or as soon as you put in the jack all music/video apps take over the homescren
8) Screen record
+ Many more

My reco just wait a few weeks samsung has promised a sep last week launch.

Yup It launches 27th September, will be available first week october.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 coming to India on September 27 | AndroidOS.in

In one of the comments here
Galaxy Note II goes for pre-order in US and India - GSMArena.com news

A person mentions price given by CC Samsung to be Rs.37900 :O

HMM I See !!
well I thank everyone of you fr trying to help...!
I am still a little confused don't really know it yet .
I was trying to find out about big performance Between the 2 devices! Anything that the any one of them cannot do when compared!!
And now that the iPhone 5 is also out its like a mess ..

- - - Updated - - -

lol are you for sure the S3 Can over power the iPhone 5 ??? dude have you been living under a rock?? if the iPhone 5 is using the A15 dual core architecture in the A6 Processor the A6 will eat up the quad core for breakfast FACT... And here is some proof to give you a wake up call LOL iPhone5,2 - Geekbench Browser if these scores are for real its already eating up the mali 400 quad core from sammy lol iPhone 5 is no joke do not under estimate the dual core monster :)

first,the a6 is a complete design by apple so its neither a15 or a9.another thing-even a full a15 dual core can't beat a a full a9 quad core(in multithreaded apps that is).now,yeah in the benches floating on the internet the a6 does beat the gs3 or any SoC that currently exists,but why?because people don't realize that they are comparing devices with 2 DIFFERENT OSE'S running,ios and android(the difference between these ose's nullifies ANY DIRECT COMPARISON).and by the way-the krait dual cores which resemble a15 can't beat any current quad cores so that should give you some semblance.and about the gpu?it loses to adreno 320 and the gpu of gs3,at least on the spec sheets.the benches dont mean much because of the aforementioned reason so apparently you have been living under a rock.also when the the next gen mobiles release with full A-15 quad cores next year ,apple is going to be in a stiff position,especially if its design's IPC is not more than ARM's A-15.and the price at which apple will sell these i5's will.....well you get the idea.also how could you actually believe those figures,in electronics miracles hardly happen.comparing those figures is like comparing ios figures vs windows figures,just think how the original ipad can still work with ios6 with only 256 MB ram!!!can android tablets run like the ipad with only 256 mb ram??in your dreams,so you get the idea.start thinking more.samsung,qualcomm and Texas instruments aren't kidding themselves there and are doing great work.don't rant before you understand something.apple compares it's phones with previous gen of it's phone so they can highlight the improvements,it doesn't compare it to other android phones of it's gen because it simply doesn't win.also don't forget it's slightly lower screen res than gs3.Also according to some benches out there the gpu in 4s takes a dump on the oced mali in gs3,whadya say to that?its jargon is what it is.also for something thats gonna cost between 40k-50k a 4 inch screen and no nfc are real downers.also apple said i5's standby time was 225 hours but ars technica found it to only be 100 hours!!,thats rotten.

also the note 2 will be better than the gs3 as its physical dimensions are the same as the original note(which i happen to own) but the screen is bigger due to thinner bezels.so it will look pretty cool.also the note is pretty comfortable to hold and it's screen is pretty good for viewing videos like tv shows,so the note 2 will also be.the screen looks remarkable,you should definitely take the note 2,especially for it's bigger ram,as my note shows 808 mb ram in the task manager and even on closing every app i can close the most ram that will be free at any moment is a measly 450 mb ram,so that ram is definitely important and lucrative,cont miss out on that especially with that gigantic screen.also i always prefer a big screen for playing games or for watching any video,a 4inch screen feels too small for me(i also owned the gs2 which i sold for the note).a 5.5 inch SAMOLED 720p screen will rock your world.and yes you can use the note 2 as a primary phone without any headset or any problems,i have been using the note for 4 months comfortably.

first,the a6 is a complete design by apple so its neither a15 or a9.another thing-even a full a15 dual core can't beat a a full a9 quad core(in multithreaded apps that is).now,yeah in the benches floating on the internet the a6 does beat the gs3 or any SoC that currently exists,but why?because people don't realize that they are comparing devices with 2 DIFFERENT OSE'S running,ios and android(the difference between these ose's nullifies ANY DIRECT COMPARISON).and by the way-the krait dual cores which resemble a15 can't beat any current quad cores so that should give you some semblance.and about the gpu?it loses to adreno 320 and the gpu of gs3,at least on the spec sheets.the benches dont mean much because of the aforementioned reason so apparently you have been living under a rock.also when the the next gen mobiles release with full A-15 quad cores next year ,apple is going to be in a stiff position,especially if its design's IPC is not more than ARM's A-15.and the price at which apple will sell these i5's will.....well you get the idea.also how could you actually believe those figures,in electronics miracles hardly happen.comparing those figures is like comparing ios figures vs windows figures,just think how the original ipad can still work with ios6 with only 256 MB ram!!!can android tablets run like the ipad with only 256 mb ram??in your dreams,so you get the idea.start thinking more.samsung,qualcomm and Texas instruments aren't kidding themselves there and are doing great work.don't rant before you understand something.apple compares it's phones with previous gen of it's phone so they can highlight the improvements,it doesn't compare it to other android phones of it's gen because it simply doesn't win.also don't forget it's slightly lower screen res than gs3.Also according to some benches out there the gpu in 4s takes a dump on the oced mali in gs3,whadya say to that?its jargon is what it is.also for something thats gonna cost between 40k-50k a 4 inch screen and no nfc are real downers.also apple said i5's standby time was 225 hours but ars technica found it to only be 100 hours!!,thats rotten.

also the note 2 will be better than the gs3 as its physical dimensions are the same as the original note(which i happen to own) but the screen is bigger due to thinner bezels.so it will look pretty cool.also the note is pretty comfortable to hold and it's screen is pretty good for viewing videos like tv shows,so the note 2 will also be.the screen looks remarkable,you should definitely take the note 2,especially for it's bigger ram,as my note shows 808 mb ram in the task manager and even on closing every app i can close the most ram that will be free at any moment is a measly 450 mb ram,so that ram is definitely important and lucrative,cont miss out on that especially with that gigantic screen.also i always prefer a big screen for playing games or for watching any video,a 4inch screen feels too small for me(i also owned the gs2 which i sold for the note).a 5.5 inch SAMOLED 720p screen will rock your world.and yes you can use the note 2 as a primary phone without any headset or any problems,i have been using the note for 4 months comfortably.

Dude why write such a big post ! Question : Why are some of iphone 5 's benchmark scores better then others . Answer : Simple , its screen resolution is lower compared to others who atleast have a 720p HD screen .
I prefer ios for its UI , i used Ipod touch for over 2 years and was addicted , now i am using android . Buying a phone is matter of preference , not everyone like big screens . I like big screens where else when my sister sees someone put a tablet or a Note to their ears she cant control her laugh , this did happen once in public and the poor guy using the Note was really embarrassed :) to a extent that he exited the mall where we were shopping !.
With big phones comes big responsibilities ! I know a friend who constantly checks if he hasnt damaged his Note . Its funny to see how everytime while sitting he has to take out his phone from his jeans . LOL
OP if i was you , i would have preferred the S3 , Other then the stylus i dont think there is anything practical the S3 cant do what the Note 2 can .

Dude why write such a big post ! Question : Why are some of iphone 5 's benchmark scores better then others . Answer : Simple , its screen resolution is lower compared to others who atleast have a 720p HD screen .
I prefer ios for its UI , i used Ipod touch for over 2 years and was addicted , now i am using android . Buying a phone is matter of preference , not everyone like big screens . I like big screens where else when my sister sees someone put a tablet or a Note to their ears she cant control her laugh , this did happen once in public and the poor guy using the Note was really embarrassed :) to a extent that he exited the mall where we were shopping !.
With big phones comes big responsibilities ! I know a friend who constantly checks if he hasnt damaged his Note . Its funny to see how everytime while sitting he has to take out his phone from his jeans . LOL
OP if i was you , i would have preferred the S3 , Other then the stylus i dont think there is anything practical the S3 cant do what the Note 2 can .

you have forgotten the os difference which i have very well high lightened because the res difference doesn't really explain all the differences.also the ram will be a bottleneck on the gs3 but the note 2 sails past that easily.i am saying that from experience as i have written before.

Ah !! Thanks Dude for explaining this to " TH3ORY " (fanboy :bleh:) . This was precisely my point, APPLE Has only one product related to phones that is the iPHONE
There iOS is made for that particular HANDSET only. and moreover all the Apps in the APPSTORE are thoroughly tested for one single product. and Apple also has very less backward compatibility, Where as Samsung Launches a lotta phones in the market you can take the example of the NOTE 2 coming out so soon after the S3 (they give importance to the backward compatibility also). So they cannot make Apps Individually for one phone HENCE there are some limitations in the Android OS's as far as the BENCHMARKING is concerned.
If u think logically then a FULL DUAL core cannot beat a QUAD core in terms of sheer performance. So i would say a great post by "SUDHANSHU123"
Cheers mate..
I really would have like if the NOTE 2 came with a SAMOLED + Display ... :(

Back