PC Peripherals Samsung SyncMaster 2233 SW 22" Full HD

^^yikes..tht was supposed to be a pm to someone....

ne ways great pricing for the monitor....unbelievable...

checkin out the reviews now...

Wow...never knew full HD monitors were available so cheap :O

Till now we were all thinking of BenQ E2200HD. But this Samung looks better priced. But no HDMI...still....great find!!

^^ one thing about these monitors is that they are 16:9 ratio instead of the usual 16:10. Actual size is 21.5" instead of 22". Due to their aspect ratio, the actual viewable area is quite less than a 22" 16:9.

Just go to TV Calculator and check out the difference in screen size. Especially noticeable when you play 4:3 content.

I was debating whether to buy E2200HD, but decided not to buy due to this reason. Ended by buying a Viewsonic VX2235wm-5 (2ms version)

If it retails for 10k, its either a typo or its ought to be a good deal. And 22inchers with the 16:9 ratio's here to stay. we'll see more of the ~ 16:9 types shortly. E2200HD was Benq's answer and yet its selling like hot cakes with the full HD being implemented in the 22inchers and retailing at the 12k mark.

And it's a very bad trend. Cramming more pixels into same screen size and using a sh**ty TN panel. What is the use of buying a monitor to watch movies (typical usage for HD res 16:9 monitors) when viewing angles are so absurd.

We need to see some improvement in display technology rather than the stupid pixel race :mad:

This is the warranty terms of samsung for monitors

24 months from date of purchase / 27 months from month of manufacture whichever is earlier ( for 15" CDT monitors).
36 months from date of purchase / 39 months from month of manufacture whichever is earlier (for 17" or greater CDT monitors and all LCD-TFT monitors).
12 months from date of purchase / 15 months from the month of manufacture whichever is earlier (for all plasma monitor models).

morgoth said:
What is the use of buying a monitor to watch movies (typical usage for HD res 16:9 monitors) when viewing angles are so absurd.
Practically speaking, what advantage is there really over viewing a movie on a monitor with 180 degrees angle than say 160? Do those 10 degrees on either side REALLY make a difference?
What I mean to say is that I look at my viewing habits and I am usually in the 0 to 90 degree viewing angle. Why would I want to watch a movie at 175 degrees?!?

sickizblank said:
Isn't that like a bit lower version of the t220 ?

T220 is a 22 inch (55.88cm) wide, 1680 x 1050 (WSXGA+) resolution LCD monitor (not full HD).

magnet said:
i think either its printing mistake from delta side or maybe it really has a year warranty only on it

as according to this site its 15.5k(and that mayb 3 years)
Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW,2233SW,2333SW LCD TFT Computer PC Monitors

One shop at present showing even cheaper price. Can anybody from Hyderabad confirm the price?

vebk said:
Practically speaking, what advantage is there really over viewing a movie on a monitor with 180 degrees angle than say 160? Do those 10 degrees on either side REALLY make a difference?

What I mean to say is that I look at my viewing habits and I am usually in the 0 to 90 degree viewing angle. Why would I want to watch a movie at 175 degrees?!?

Its makes a huge diff, have you ever tried watching something with somebody. The second person will see a completely diff picture as opposed to you, the colors will appear washed out, the contrast will drastically decrease. In short another person cannot watch anything with you.

But being the geeks we are we hardly watch anything with family members on the comp....

Back