Samsung UA 46 B6000 vs LG 47 LH90

praxone12

Disciple
Needed opinion on samsung ua 46" b6000 vs lg 47" lh90
samsung is 11k costlier

Samsung led 6 series

some (said to be earlier) samsung models are not supporting usb video.
new models do support (undocumented in specs)

LG LH90

11k cheaper and 1" bigger
no inbuilt support for mkv/h264 or any hd codecs
Is there any way to watch mkv/h264 on LG LH90 through usb?
I have seen samsung b6000 playing usb videos(mkv/h264) in 2 showrooms in bangalore(40" model) and not playing in one showrrom!!!

What is the cost for 7 series 46"?

The LG has better reviews out. It comes in 42 and 47" sizes. THe 47" should run you about 80k in Bombay. Be aware that the Indian version does not come with some settings present on the American TV.

Want to play hd content(720p/1080p) on tv through usb.

Cant spend (huge amount) for bd player and titles .

As far as i know LG doesnt even support divx/xvid hd, they mentioned only sd in spec.

And samsung does that which is a biggest advantage.

LG has price advantage.

samsung(6 series) image quality was class above lg's.

Still looking for a way to play hd content through usb in lg lh90!!!!!

price matters...

praxone12 said:
Want to play hd content(720p/1080p) on tv through usb.
Cant spend (huge amount) for bd player and titles .
As far as i know LG doesnt even support divx/xvid hd, they mentioned only sd in spec.
And samsung does that which is a biggest advantage.
LG has price advantage.
samsung(6 series) image quality was class above lg's.
Still looking for a way to play hd content through usb in lg lh90!!!!!
price matters...

Saw the Samsung UA40B6000 LED and have to agree with you that PQ was amazing. In fact in the showroom, with Tata Sky, the LED looked better than their counterpart LCD of around roughly the same specs / price range.

well i haven't seen this lg model yet,but the only problem with other lg tvs was the lack of contrast particulary the black level and not so great SD capability compared to samsung,sony.but this tv with local dimming should boost the black levels upto a certain point , but u can't complain for the price.
do note the samsung LED lcd has a natively better panel for blacks,but it does have sneaky undefeatable row wise global dimming.

My concerns different...

1) Why do some samsung ua b6000 series doesnt support usb 2.0 video while others do?

this is/could be the main reason why i prefer samsung over LG LH90

2) Is the any hack/firmware upgrade which can be used to play mkv/h264 through usb on LG LH90?

Hey.. Im planing to buy an LG 47LH90..

Budget 75,000

I have an older computer (Pentium 4) with no graphics card.. (64 MB inbuilt)

Max screen resolution of the inbuilt graphics is 1280 by 1024 pixels with 60-85 Hz

I just wanted to know if I connected the HDTV with the VGA of my computer, how the PQ will be form a distance of about 15 feet? (I have lots of 700 MB DvDrips as well as HD content)

Although it is just my opinion, but all of you who want to play MKV/H264 and all your video files, get a media player, which should be one stop solution to all your needs. Also you don't have to worry about what will play and what will not as these media players are capable of playing almost anything thrown at them.

BTW, OP, What is the street price of Samsung UA46B6000. The price on its website is 1.5 Lakh :O which means i will have to sell both kidneys to buy this :p

@Techhead

What kind of settings are you talking about ??? :huh:

raksrules said:
Although it is just my opinion, but all of you who want to play MKV/H264 and all your video files, get a media player, which should be one stop solution to all your needs. Also you don't have to worry about what will play and what will not as these media players are capable of playing almost anything thrown at them.

BTW, OP, What is the street price of Samsung UA46B6000. The price on its website is 1.5 Lakh :O which means i will have to sell both kidneys to buy this :p
@Techhead
What kind of settings are you talking about ??? :huh:

Some calibration settings within the menus, e.g. IRE and THX settings.

well Samsung B6000 40" is available for 85K @ Radhika sales Pune ,... the same set croma/e-zone is selling for 1.12l Rs with 22" TV free...

Back