Samsung Wave S8500 India release

datta.ca said:
Even better for $30 u can get the Route66 lifetime navigation :)
haha i agree, completely forgot that as iam not much of a GPS user (have a fear that it will drain my wave's battery pretty fast)

escaflowne said:
whats the alternative?

well, i went to NEHRU PLACE in delhi, got my phone covered with plastic for 50 rs... got covered

1.) screen.

2.) the back panel.

3.) both the top and bottom BLACK colored area...

damn i care about my stuff too much... :bleh:

got the screen guard for the X6 on ma Wave :p works great. Paid Rs250. It covers the screen nicely without leaving too much gap at the sides, top and bottom.

HoliC said:
Read this on somewhere..

Method to increase volume on a wave.. not sure if u guys are aware..

Here is the way...
1) Type *#197328640#
2) Press 5 ( Audio )
3) Press 2 ( AP Volume Config)
4a) Press 2 (EAR Config) or
4b) Press 3 (SPK Config)
5) Press 1 (MP Volume) - to increase the volume of music files or the 5 key (FM Radio volume) and so on and so fort.
We can see the 7 lines (0-6 ), we can increase the value of all lines (these are the lines that define the level at each support ), you can change any of them or increase only
last value of 58dB to 75dB and 100db max .

To enter double digit, for 0 line press 0 on the number pad it will say write on the top right hand corner on the screen. just tap on the bar 3 to 4 times quickly below the number key pad and then another keypad should open. enter desired number and press ok twice...done.

NOTE: sometimes u have to press many times to open another keypad.........

PS- I dowt own a wave yet.. so havent tried it :p... bt it looks risk free..
I tried this and am screwed , the keypad just opened once and changed the Db from 46 to 4 ... now what do i do, the keypad does not open

arpan said:
I tried this and am screwed , the keypad just opened once and changed the Db from 46 to 4 ... now what do i do, the keypad does not open
As i said i dont own a wave so havent tried it... but it worked for others... also in the instructions its given that sometimes u have to press many times for the keypad to open..

or i think a hard reset should get it back to normal..

Do tell us if u succeed..

Did anyone else try it ??????

My sister brought Wave for her. Its amazing. The phone is slick. So fast and free.

Thought the bada OS seems very polished I wonder how good it is in actual? Since she is not much into installing stuff I call it an even :p

Overall for a short time the phone was amazing, looks awesome and the screen is gorgeous. Don't know how it will be in the application market and other stuff.

@holic

After 1/2 hr of trying got it back to 46db. Any way found no difference in the output of voice call volume when the values were changed. aint gonna touch it again.

@Dark Star

Pleeassseee make this thread sticky.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@kcube

i had purchased one from Anupam stores for Rs.280 /- in Borivali [w]

Hey guys..after following this thread from 2 weeks..m going to buy a wave atlast in next 2-3 days.

Please suggest me a good shop in delhi/noida where i can find the best price?..i dont need 8gb sd card as i already have that.

and is there something which i should check in shop before buying?

Thanx in advance.

ok, there is a shop in GREENPARK market, it's name start with "S" soveena or something, initially the guy will state a price of 17800, but do bargaining and tell him if he can give it to you for 16800 as you are getting it for the same price somewhere else... :)

and if possible buy the JULY manufacturing phone, it will have the latest firmware in it... :)

that guy is a bit rude, so don't fall for it, stick to the price 16800 and iam sure one way or the other he will have to give you the phone for that price... :)

that wud be all... :)

hmmmm, googling from few hours and found a very good case for the wave, Flexishield Skin, but i wonder if its available here or not, have to order it through ICC :(

@kanishk619

even i thought of zagg in the first place. but it has 2 problems - not available here & its a bit too expensive.
also Flexishield Skin seems like it is a silicon body protector & not a screen guard.

need to find something else. btw what r u using?

@arpan

what brand it is & is it a fingerprint magnet. i'm asking this as i saw a product named 'No Scratch' which i had tried but it was worst in the sense that it was a fingerprint magnet. so i got rid of it. it is available for 250-300 in Indraprast, borivali (W) & i got the same for 120 in borivali (W).
I've heard that anti-smudge scratch guard is also available.

^^^ so no proper scratch guard is available for the wave yet ??????????????

The zagg ones indeed look awesome but too too pricey out of my budget.. :p

hey guys, today i went to the SVC near my house... told them about the bttry backup prob, they said they will keep the mobile for 3 days... WTF, when i asked why, they said...

1.) they are going to update the software...

2.) if that doesn't work, they are going to change the mainboard (to which i was like WTF :))

3.) if that doesn't work, then they are going to change the battery...

when i asked why they can't change the battery first??? they said they have to follow a proper procedure... lol, i swear iam not going to the same service station again... will try other SVCs... :)

have a great day guys... :)

Surfer said:
ok, there is a shop in GREENPARK market, it's name start with "S" soveena or something, initially the guy will state a price of 17800, but do bargaining and tell him if he can give it to you for 16800 as you are getting it for the same price somewhere else... :)

and if possible buy the JULY manufacturing phone, it will have the latest firmware in it... :)

that guy is a bit rude, so don't fall for it, stick to the price 16800 and iam sure one way or the other he will have to give you the phone for that price... :)

that wud be all... :)

thanx 4 d info....my friend got it for 17300 with 8gb card from noida atta market, but i dont need 8gb card as i already have that, so i was wondering if i could get it around 16500-16800 from there..will try there first.. :)

Back