Samsung Wave S8500 India release

Re: Samsung Wave S8500 India release??

My battery lasts at max two and a half day..and at night battery drain is 4-5% which is unacceptable. Shall get a battery replacement ?

nitmeh3 said:
My battery lasts at max two and a half day..and at night battery drain is 4-5% which is unacceptable. Shall get a battery replacement ?
Don't think so battery change will help. I have changed my battery but there is no improvement. It seems that some programs runs in background which drains battery....:(

It seems this issue is India as I have seen on other forum wave owners outside India get good battery life....

It seems samsung has supplied inferior batteries in India for Wave....

hey guys...i m facing this problem for a while now...if i open my texts all of a sudden it says 'not enough memory to launch application'...i have to restart the phone to get it back...any clue y this is happening?...i have no applications running in the background...n still it shows the same error...

Finally GPS started working....Excellent navigation, shows exact speed while driving :)
I am luvin it :) Only concern is battery consumption which was abt 15% for 30 min GPS use....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Are all Samsung Wave Owners satisfied with their Battery Life???

allot of concern about the battery for some reason :( 2 days is good guys.. many review sites are getting jus that..

@all

Check this out :

HTC type widget for the wave { little buggy but looks nice }:

TimeWeather Widget (HTC Flip Clock Weather Widget) | Bada Forums

Also check this:

MR_InvisibleClock_1.1_ENG

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2973076/www.bada-os.info/Pliki/MR_InvisibleClock_1.1_ENG.wgt

Save the above link as *.wgt.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Just copy the files on your memory card and click on it. It will show a processing box. then it will ask for installation. Press "yes" and the widget will be installed. ENJOY !!!!!!!!

If this aint enough: THEMES , WIDGETS, GAMES N more!!!!

GOTO:

Samsung Wave Forum - Index

And customize your WAVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

datta.ca said:
Finally GPS started working....Excellent navigation, shows exact speed while driving :)

I am luvin it :) Only concern is battery consumption which was abt 15% for 30 min GPS use....

Are all Samsung Wave Owners satisfied with their Battery Life???
Battery will drain frm 100% to critical with 4hrs of GPS usage(personally tested, everyone was trying to find a fault in my device & I gav it to them using GPS, LOL)......... best option would be to buy charger in car......

Honestly battery life is a bit of a disappointment....... but considering my last phone was N-Gage Classic I hav no complaints.... battery use to drain in 2hrs of music playback.....

There should hav been some option of underclocking the CPU or GPU to save battery........

i have no complaints, i used GPS all the way to haridwar, browsed internet, played asphalt for 10-12min :p, still the battery last till night

@arpan

sorry bro...didn't see ur post..

did u try any java games from the website?
how did they perform...any recomendations.?:)

i think that i'm also facing battery problem. i charged the phone to 100% & had no apps or wigets running. also my phone was idle for the whole day except only 10 mins of phone calls & 1 hr of music and moreover i only have one hame screen. with this usage i had my battery down to 25% at the end of the day. i guess that this is not acceptable & probably will check for a day or two more. if situation doesn't improve will have to get it replaced.

also the "Settings -> About phone -> System info -> Battery" shows battery life different than the two apps i.e "BatteryCheck" & "BatteryLife". this is always the case & with huge difference. while both the apps shows exactly the same % of battery remaining.

kanishk619 said:
i have no complaints, i used GPS all the way to haridwar, browsed internet, played asphalt for 10-12min :p, still the battery last till night
At present i can just get my current location but when i try to navigate it takes me to activation and there it says Drive and walk would cost me some money, did you pay for your navigation or was it free ? did you get voice turn instructions.

I am asking because i read at lot of places that drive and walk is free for first 30 days but that does not seem to be true in my case.

If you guys think Wave is a disappointment in terms of battery life then what should I say about the battery life of Galaxy S ? :) Wave has very good battery life ..

Battery life also depends a lot on the Network signal. The battery is drained faster with a weak network signal. At an average getting like 2 days is enough.

MODS pleeeease make this thread sticky,,, the no. of wave owners is increasing :)

i used my gps for the first time yesterday as i got some clear sky & also traveled by car instead of my two wheeler. it works flawlessly & also shows the speed with which the car was moving. it was more or less accurate in showing my position in real time without any lag as such.

now i want to try the voice guided navigation. don't know how to start the same. someone please guide me for the same.

NEW widgets in action !!!

All the stuff downloaded from here:
http://mysamsungwave.com/index.php#3

Took screenshots of few of them, Check the pics:

Attachments

• 20100807183540.jpg
    20100807183540.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 199
  • 20100807183552.jpg
    20100807183552.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 20100807183523.jpg
    20100807183523.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 123

HEy.. Can some of you guys post your batch no. or something...

Im going to buy.. and i think buying a wave of a newer batch would be good.. little problems may have been ironed out... or perhaps a better battery..

Thnks..

@HoliC

Just buy the wave regardless batch period, even if you get a weak battery you can get it replaced at a service centre. I got mine replaced and now getting 2 to 2 n 1/2 days of battery life.
REMEMBER:
This is really important:

When u buy the wave drain the battery fully then charge it till 100% only, dont overcharge it. then again let the battery drain completely. with every charge the battery life will improve. Do this for about 6 - 8 times and your battery will be optmized and give u a good backup.
Hope this helps.

Back