Samsung Wave S8500 India release

wud it not make sense if the batteries are seasoned by the manufacturer in the first place if there was such a thing as optimising. Am sure 9 out of 10 ppl wont follow this seasoning method to the T if they were told also.

Have a silly doubt. If on a later stage I get my firmware updated, will it wipe off the free games. applications, widgets that are already there on the phone. Can anyone confirm this as i dont want to lose my NFSShift game as it is free for limited no of downloads only.

muni_blr said:
Have a silly doubt. If on a later stage I get my firmware updated, will it wipe off the free games. applications, widgets that are already there on the phone. Can anyone confirm this as i dont want to lose my NFSShift game as it is free for limited no of downloads only.
update wont affect ur game....... also u should hav a copy of the game & other apps u installed in ur PC's Samsung download folder...... u can install frm them again......

@muni_blr

I wish the manufacturers were so kind to the customers. When i bought the phone i wasn't aware of these things and i screwed the battery and was just getting 1 day of batt . life. However, after replacement i took care and i am happy with the results!!!

@panzer008
F/W update wont wipe your apps. Anyway even if it did wipe your data , you could install the game again from "My Downloads" section in Kies. The apps that you download are stored in My documents\Samsung\Kies\Download\Applications

Guys, i got a new Samsung Wave, but am facing some issue with its BATTERY, it DRAINS REALLY VERY FAST :mad: is it something new ? i mean i wasnt following this THREAD, so am the only one or is this a MASS Problem ?

arpan said:
@panzer008

F/W update wont wipe your apps. Anyway even if it did wipe your data , you could install the game again from "My Downloads" section in Kies. The apps that you download are stored in My documents\Samsung\Kies\Download\Applications
I dont understand why ur repeating the same thing I wrote..... to me again....

Read this on somewhere..

Method to increase volume on a wave.. not sure if u guys are aware..

Here is the way...

1) Type *#197328640#

2) Press 5 ( Audio )

3) Press 2 ( AP Volume Config)

4a) Press 2 (EAR Config) or

4b) Press 3 (SPK Config)

5) Press 1 (MP Volume) - to increase the volume of music files or the 5 key (FM Radio volume) and so on and so fort.

We can see the 7 lines (0-6 ), we can increase the value of all lines (these are the lines that define the level at each support ), you can change any of them or increase only

last value of 58dB to 75dB and 100db max .

To enter double digit, for 0 line press 0 on the number pad it will say write on the top right hand corner on the screen. just tap on the bar 3 to 4 times quickly below the number key pad and then another keypad should open. enter desired number and press ok twice...done.

NOTE: sometimes u have to press many times to open another keypad.........

PS- I dowt own a wave yet.. so havent tried it :p... bt it looks risk free..

hi guys... how r u all... :)

well i was on a vaccation and just came back... :p

on now back to where i left... i have charged my battery around 10-15 time by following the proper way i.e draining the battery till it shows LOW BATTERY and then charging it again, still it only lasts 1 day with normal usage... it seems i have to get in touch with the SVC and lets see what happens...

what say guys?

the only issue iam facing is with the battery, iam satisfied with the rest... :)

Hey Guys,, This is my first post in TE..

Haven't gone through the whole thread.. but am quite impressed about the Wave..

Can any1 tell me how much it cost in Bangalore?..
Thankssssssssss

im 95% going to buy this fone only........

So any last minute buying advice ????????????????????

Gonna get a black metallic one..

arpan said:
^^ Get it replaced with a new one

yep, i think that's the only option. well where do you live? if you live in delhi can you tell me from where i shud get it changed, i mean the service center, i heard the 1 in Nehru Place is the best as it's the FACTORY SERVICE CENTER.

thanks. :)
HoliC said:
im 95% going to buy this fone only........

So any last minute buying advice ????????????????????

Gonna get a black metallic one..

bargain, that's all :) and if you cud get the JULY manufactured ph it wud be gud as you won't have to update the firmware... :)

Hi Guys,

I am about to buy this phone but I would like to know how is the application support for this phone.

Is the OS Hackable and how is the sound quality.

Should I be aware of anything else before buying.

Thanks

I'm not able to find the scratch guard for wave till now in mumbai (south mumbai). have anyone else bought the same in mumbai; which brand, price & how is the quality?
Please share & also help me find a shop in mumbai where it is available.

kanishk619 said:
get a zagg full body protector, search google for zagg discount coupons :p

Saw price on Amazon US site, showing as $ 24.99 that will be approx Rs. 1.5K including shipping charges, forex transaction charges (as paid by CC).

Dont you think so its whopping high????

Back