Samsung Wave S8500 India release

eggman

Adept
Dec 4, 2007
I have set Password in my SMSses and MYFILES...but the phone sometimes does not ask for it when trying to open them...y?

eshaan

Disciple
Mar 15, 2007
Hey everyone, can somebody please tell me where can I get the Samsung Wave from. Right now I have asked from a lot of shopkeepers but I am still unable to find any. I had also checked with flipkart.com and it only had it in stock for yesterday and today it is again showing out of stock. :(

So if anyone can ask their respective dealers about the same, it would be of great help. I am currently located in Delhi, but I am ready to buy from other places as well.

HoliC

Adept
Aug 28, 2009
ok heres a new thing.. i found it out when i bought the fone itself but i thought it wasnt a problem..

Now when i get a call.. the ringtone does not start loudly.. [and no its not set to ascending]... for a second or a few milliseconds.. the cell rings at a very low volume and then it starts normally..

It happens with any ringtone i set with any sound profile..

Although the messaging tone plays normally..

I have tried all sorts of settings possible..

anybody have the same problem??

or is this a problem or just a bada thing ??????????

eggman

Adept
Dec 4, 2007
HoliC said:
ok heres a new thing.. i found it out when i bought the fone itself but i thought it wasnt a problem..

Now when i get a call.. the ringtone does not start loudly.. [and no its not set to ascending]... for a second or a few milliseconds.. the cell rings at a very low volume and then it starts normally..

i had the same prob from first day :'(

R0H!T

Adept
Jun 28, 2008
Pune
HoliC said:

I think its Samsung thing..

I have Samsung phone (i450) it has same issue...ringtone fades in..

few of my friends with different Samsung models have same thing

agm_105

Disciple
Jul 4, 2009
I have seen this ...when we constantly access sms or files section...it doesnt ask for password. seems it caches the password but leave it for few mins and then try again it starts asking the password.

devesh38

Adept
Sep 11, 2008
Mumbai
sLCD vs sAMOLED.......... which is better.......??

10x1019msamsungwaveii.jpg

source :Engadget

kanishk619

Adept
Aug 27, 2009
both have their own advantages over each other, SAMOLED screen got great black and dark's whereas SLCD got clear and bright screen, but i think SLCD is looking more superb :),

btw, does bada 1.2 Indian official out ??

gammaboy

Disciple
May 31, 2010
@agm_105 & eggman

guys this happens when u have some application opened while u first give ur password and enter
that app saves the password and till u dont quit it the SMS section won't ask for the password
try it out...close all apps except widgets and u won't get this problem

devesh38

Adept
Sep 11, 2008
Mumbai
i tried the pdf viewer in the phone for reading one comic........ it gave a very bad resolution of the image in pdf........ cant read anything in the image....... on pc the comic is totally readable at 100%.......

is there any way we can improve the quality of image in pdf.......??

vijaycool

Adept
May 17, 2007
Anyone noticed when you are in settings>about phone > system information click cpu then press and slide the highlighted tab on the right side and just scroll back and forth you will notice the cpu jumping from 0% or 1% to 50% . Ideally this should taken care by gpu. Or the cpu shows gpu usage, if its uses the later for menu functions then its not cool. Ideally this should taken care by gpu. It can be confirmed only if we can get the cpu log.

shadow747

Adept
Jan 14, 2010
Delhi
finally got my self samsung wave after a long wait...now i want to know what screen guard should i use...should i go to mobile shop and get it or there is some special one...

eshaan

Disciple
Mar 15, 2007
shadow747 said:
finally got my self samsung wave after a long wait...now i want to know what screen guard should i use...should i go to mobile shop and get it or there is some special one...
Hey where did you got it from ? And how much did you got it for ?

demonic

Adept
May 12, 2009
Kolkata
shadow747 said:
if u want premium stuff you can get Zagg invisible shield