Audio Sansa Clip users rejoice... the Clip Zip is out!!

i got my clip zip after months of waiting... got it from the US through a friend

ordered really early so got the pouch free :) 49$ in total.

i had the clip + as well

the display is really good for what it offers nothing in the price range will offer something like this :), sound quality is just as good. everything about the new clip zip is just perfect. it's like the sansa clip + on steroids :D

the folder view is great, it shows the album art nicely, it even shows battery power, plays almost all the music files i need it too, small form factor just like its earlier one, it's got alot in a nutshell!

there is just one turn down for me so far, might get it fixed with the next firmware update.

the problem is, unlike the clip + i cant view all the songs from a single artist. there's a shuffle all option only... i cant even check out the playlist later under the shuffle all playlist (really sad)

i hope they do something about this. it becomes so much more easier and convenient that way.

Which one better guys. Sansa Clip+, Sansa Fuze+, or the new clip.

Purpose: Jogging/ Excercise/ Travel Audio usage.

Off course I will pair it with ep630 or Soundmagic PL11.

Hi Guys,

Thinking of buying it.

When will it hit Stores, and of course Flipkart/Letsbuy?

I could not find it anywhere except on Ebay.in and Ebay Global Easy Buy

Hello,

It was very hard and took me many days of searching to find a Sansa Clip Zip. I couldn't find it in any stores or malls, but then got just one store from junglee.com selling the 4 GB version for Rs. 3,350, that's about USD 70. The 4 GB version I checked on the U.S. amazon.com was from less than USD 30.

Would it be wise to spend USD 40 more on getting the clip? Even the older clip+ (4GB) is Rs. 3,650.

I also tried the SnS you guys mentioned above. They ask for a USD 45 registration fee. I've tried almost all Indian portals and couldn't find a Sansa zip anywhere other than on ebay or amazon. If anyone here knows a local dealer, please let me know. I'm from Mumbai.

Regards,

Casper

I have one boxed unit for sale on FS thread. 3k shipped
<

clip zip blue 4GB, unopened box.

http://www.techenclave.com/topic/506969-sansa-mega-sale-fuze8g-clip-zip4g-clip4g-all-boxed/

clip zip is slightly thinner as well, and back clip has better hold, so less change of falls during workout or running. Also zip has micro usb unlike clip+ with mini usb. Data copying is much faster than clip+ and battery backup too is slightly better. GUI is really fast, happens the same moment you click.

Really it better the older clip+ in every aspect. I have both and i prefer my zip anyday over the clip+. waiting for the rockbox to release for the clip zip and my fuze+.

Actually, I was looking for an MP3 player with about 20 hours battery life but then settled on getting the clip zip. I just received the Duracell Instant USB Charger, the one seen here. I got it for Rs.500.Seems to be good and very light and pocketable. Would give it at least 1 - 1.5 recharges.

I was also thinking of getting the old Fuze (about Rs. 4700) but I dislike the headphone socket at the bottom, plus the proprietary cable and connector. Other than that I like the old Fuze. dOm1naTOr - you also have the Fuze+ - do you find any difficulty in using the touch screen interface?

Also, what headphones do you guys use with these players?

Regards,

Casper

apurvmj,

That's because you are a newbie. Even I get that error for the same reason. This restriction will be lifted up once we've posted 14 posts and they're approved by the moderators.

Regards,

Casper

casper has explained it on previous post. You need a specific number of post count to be eligible to enter the market. And about the fuze+ querry, yes it lags a bit, but with the latest firmware it seems the lag is almost gone. But its surface is easily prone to scratches but a pouch is bundled, so less worry.

I use pl-11 and mee me-6 on the move and while at home, well i m using audio technica AD700. needs no amping via sansa players.

Has anyone here already tried rockbox on the clipzip?

Want to know more about the battery life change while playing MP3s. Heard rumours that stock player will give best battery backup.

I am using rockbox on CZ, battery life is more or less same. Rockbox is not that resource hungry. Btw I am not that woried about battery life, may it be ten hrs or 8 hrs, you get four seatings of listening ( 2hrs per day) and enough time for charging, so not that much of problem ( for me at least )

Back