Satyamev Jayate - Television Show by Aamir Khan

I think Aamir outdid himself with the 2nd episode. The stats were really surprising over 50%???!! I had guessed some where between 30-35% based on my experiences. Its most surprising is that a male child is the most targeted one.
For ppl saying, it is a controversial topic - guys, anything which we wont talk about publicly is controversial, does it really change the truth? You should really meet some of the people who were molested to actually understand the traumatised psyche they have.

saw the 1st episode. nothing different than an oprah winfrey in hindi.lets hope aamir showers the same accolades as oprah does to the audience :ashamed:

Aamir is just an artist, the show is good since it raises awareness but please dont elevate aamir to the status of god or the messiah of change. He is an artist who performs a service for an unapologetic fee.

Hi,

I agree with you, going with IVF is bliss for couple having difficulties in conceiving.

If there is NO SEX SELECTION option with IVF & Khan/Rao didn't opt but accept what God gifted them than I'm sorry about my poor knowledge & post too.
#emperor

people go to ivf clinics when they are having difficulties in conceiving.. afaik.. it's not like they can choose, unless it's a test tube baby..

so, we can't really accuse amir or kiran for going to an ivf..

^ I am not sure if someone has faced this but I've heard at least 8-9 cases where doctors are simply jhola chaap. Even an Apollo clinic offered me digestive medicine when I was suffering from dry cough.

Its very common thing. My friend, who is a drug dealer in Rajasthan was very upset when Govt implemented that Govt doctors should write generic medicines only. I understood now, what kind of margin these whole pharmaceuticals system carry.
Very nice move by Raj govt. Hope other govt follow it.

^Tell me about it. When I went for RCT, a dentist gave me antibiotic for Rs. 60 a pill. I went for second opinion(mainly to avoid RCT ) there dentist prescribed a generic, cost me 3 pills for 10 Rs.

Doctors are asking Amir Khan to apologize !!

An umbrella body of 21 medical institutions Wednesday asked Bollywood star Aamir Khan to apologize for accusing doctors of malpractices in his TV talk show Satyamev Jayate.

Medscape India said the representation of malpractices supposedly perpetrated by doctors was "rather sad" and Aamir Khan should offer his apologies.

"It is rather sad that doctors should be made the object of such shameless, unilateral scrutiny," Himanshu Mehta, co-founder and advisor to Medscape India, said.

After highlighting social issues affecting Indian society, Aamir Khan, in the fourth episode of his show, turned the spotlight on healthcare and malpractices in the medical profession.

He highlighted unethical practices, corruption and scandalous revelations in medical treatment.

"Aamir Khan is my favourite actor and he should stick to making films," said another doctor, Sunita Dube, president of Medscape.

"Surprisingly, no doctors' body has spoken against Aamir yet. We need to stand united against such blatant lies. We are going to write a scathing letter demanding an apology from him," Dube said.

Medscape pointed out that doctors were subjected to assault without any fault and many people didn't understand the pressures of the profession.

"Where is Aamir Khan when doctors are assaulted? Where is he when we give free treatment to the needy?" asked Kishore Taori, president of the Maharashtra Medical Council that is associated with Medscape.

Apologize, doctors tell Aamir Khan

I guess the doctors who know they are guilty are telling him to apologize. Btw they do not expose anyone on the show so i don't really get what they get by cherry picking some random case where someone has been conned by a doctor or a wife being mistreated by her husband and such.

Some Indians.. esp in politics and other brazen bullies, have realised that when cornered about their devilish ways.. making noise is the most effective counter attack.
Politicians have used it to good effect and i think pioneered it as well.

This has been some time coming. I read some of the YT comments. There were many doctors who were "hurt" by this. Typical politician mentality.

Even during the 1st episode - Rajasthan government had criticized as the show "singled" them out. Guess what will they say now when the same state was lauded about using generic medicines.

Back