SBI charge Customer for Connectivity Failure at SBI end?

Emperor

Skilled
Hi Friends,

Some 3-4 year before Bank Of Maharashtra did Same and now last month SBI sid same with us.

I don't know, as a customer, how & why I being held responsible for Connectivity Failure at Banks End?

Did I provide internet connection to either bank? it's matter in that TWO BRANCH why I need to pay for service issue at BOTH Banks internal connectivity?

Any suggestion or only source to lodge complaint with Banking Ombudsman

Regards

what? what? what?
SBI is asking you to pay money if “they” loose connection? how are they describing the charge? I mean sure you would be given a txn slip or is posted to your account, it’s gonna say what?

My mom works at PNB and their protocol if connection disruption is they just halt the work which requires a connection (almost all except customer dealing/loan documentation etc). The customers are given an option to leave their passbook or cheque (so once connectivity is restored they can be updated and customer picks it up later).

You can actually get in detail like what particulars they are charging (the credit account details) and then file a complaint with the bank or ombudsman.

see below part image of letter/note they provide us and over this Bank Official refuse to sign/stamp saying it's COMPUTER generated notice and they do not refuse to honor the cheque but COMPUTER refuse to honor the check and the reason also gave by their COMPUTER and also the fine amount deducted automatically by COMPUTER....

.... all blame goes to COMPUTER COMPUTER COMPUTER .... now how to ask COMPUTER? isn't it SMART Strategy by Banks? first Bank Of Maharashtra and now SBI and BOTH time the cheque issue bank was DENA BANK (now Bank Of Baroda)

sbi-check-retrun-25-12-2020.jpg

Login through Netbanking and check if the amount debited is shown there. If it is, see the reason/transaction description. Then file the complaint with Banking Ombudsman, Bank's Regional Head, Consumer Court, wherever you can.

Well, nowadays you can raise bank issues directly with RBI.
But I'll suggest you to draft a letter to the branch manager first and keep a inward copy of the same, if your issue goes unresolved for 15 days then raise a complaint with RBI.

Back