FS: Mobile !SCAMMER!

Some scammers just try to get the minimum number of posts, so that it makes them eligible to post in the Sale Thread. Probably that is what they are most interested in. The Mods needs to come with a way to bypass this, maybe hold the money before giving it to the seller.

Some scammers just try to get the minimum number of posts, so that it makes them eligible to post in the Sale Thread. Probably that is what they are most interested in. The Mods needs to come with a way to bypass this, maybe hold the money before giving it to the seller.
Such instances are very rare if not zero. Usually the scammers don't have time for that "bullshit". Reaching till Disciple role is too much for them and takes time since posts are manually approved.
Also 150 INR is cheap enough for them to bypass all the requirements and execute a single scam and exit.

Forum earns funds to run but sadly non-vigilant buyers pay.

Last edited:
He had sent me the IMEIs quoting 'Apologize sir for not being very forthcoming'.
Screenshot_20230807-162250_Firefox.png

Last edited:
images look straight out of some ebay listing. Not tough for a dedicated scammer to go through few listings and find one with imeis. or he could have just asked a seller on olx who would share without giving it a second thought.

Such instances are very rare if not zero. Usually the scammers don't have time for that "bullshit". posts is too much for them and takes time since posts are manually approved.
Also 150 INR is cheap enough for them to bypass all the requirements and execute a single scam and exit.

Forum earns funds to run but sadly non-vigilant buyers pay.
Every now and then, we will see one such instance. I guess there is no way to avoid it.

Jaago Grahak Jaago is the only slogan I have.

Other than that the battery percentage was perpetually stuck at 74%! A pic sent at 12.05 PM had 74% battery. The pic that he supposedly clicked at 2 PM also had 74% battery.
The "No Parking" symbol indicates no SIM inserted right? In that case these big phones with big batteries barely take a hit and can go hours without a drop in battery level.

Edit: For reference, my 5000+ mAh phone has lost only 21% over 11.5hrs. Usage was:
  • Travelling for ~7 hrs
  • Camera use
  • BT on
  • A single phone call
  • Quite a bit of IM
  • WiFi once I got home

Last edited:
Mandatory rule required:

Invoice, when available, should show last few digits of IMEI no. And to corroborate one photo of the actual device should show the same.

Ponder.

Yep had considered all this but he sent additional pics as i requested them so I guess I got false sense of security
Nevertheless, my brother works at NPCI and i've reported the same to him so atleast the scammer's account will be blocked so he'll incur losses.
Did he send you the same IMEIs as the ones I have posted?

Last edited:
admin method can be a solution?
its been discussed previously but mods don't want to get involved in any financial transaction but we can create a small trusted group of members who can be trusted to act as escrow service.

- 5~10 members who are willing to keep the money secured till the deal is complete (volunteers)
- Members should have an option to choose either this method or go directly if something goes wrong in direct deal with a newbie then No support will be provided
- 2~5% fee for these members (These charges should be paid by the buyer unless a mutual agreement is reached between buyer/seller)

Trusted group members should be ID verified which will give transparency to the system.

its been discussed previously but mods don't want to get involved in any financial transaction but we can create a small trusted group of members who can be trusted to act as escrow service.

- 5~10 members who are willing to keep the money secured till the deal is complete (volunteers)
- Members should have an option to choose either this method or go directly if something goes wrong in direct deal with a newbie then No support will be provided
- 2~5% fee for these members (These charges should be paid by the buyer unless a mutual agreement is reached between buyer/seller)

Trusted group members should be ID verified which will give transparency to the system.
I would also be down for it if we can really have this small trusted group. It would certainly be of great benefit.

Anything involving finances would be really difficult to implement, however, the idea is still solid. We can have an approval system for posts involving smartphones (to start with at least), A group of 10-15 rotating members would have to vote on the thread and the post has to get 60-75% votes from the identified members for the post to be valid. This is easy to implement and given that not all people can vote in a day or two, it serves as a deterrent and TE members get time to warn each other.

If warranty = yes then invoice MUST BE = YES
Less chances of fraud .
Does not apply to this thread .
Apple people FS threads must include this too . (As these products are very expensive ).
Mods kindly consider enforcing this rule too .
No offence intended to any individual selling here . Just feel this will make the deal a little bit more safer .

Last edited:
That is the rule here buddy. Seller/scammer marked warranty as NO hence no bill was required to be uploaded.
If warranty = yes then invoice MUST BE = YES
Less chances of fraud .
Apple people FS threads must include this too . (As these products are very expensive ).
Mods kindly consider enforcing this rule too .
No offence intended to any individual selling here . Just feel this will make the deal a little bit more safer .

With APPLE & SAMSUNG PHONES you don't need invoice to claim warranty.

Back