SE Xperia X10 ...

Hey guys , i am considering X10 as my next phone , its available for around 33k right now ... Since it has been launched just now , will there be any significant drop in its price if i wait for another month or so ??

I am worried coz this is first time i am going for such expensive phone :)

Also how can we protect such expensive gadgets form theft ??

X10 is a great device hardware wise, but by looking at the reviews, I think the UI needs a bit polishing and also Android 1.6 is thing of past. Either wait for SE to fix the bugs with UI or look for other Android 2.1 phones.

Well AFAIK 2.1 will be available for X10 soon ... Cam and UI are the two most imp things to me , if i go for samsung then its UI is lame and if I go for HTC its cam is average ... So I guess I have no choice !!

How much difference would you think will be between a 5mp and 8mp camera. Trust me, you would better be off with a device that doesn't have more bugs than menu options. When you are spending 30k bucks, it's better to put that money on a platform and device that is set in market. SE has been rushing things in market lately and their new devices are having too many bugs. Just my two cents. If I were you, I would rather pick phones like these:

1) HTC HD2 (winmo 6.5+sense UI)

2) Motorola Milestone (android)

3) Google Nexus One (android, but no official support in India)

4) Palm pre (webOS, no support in India).

btw, It's better to wait for newer breed of HTC devices that are going to hit the market soon.

Buy Xperia X10. Sony is really committed to this phone. They have already provided an update within a month of its release. Android 2.1 will be released in Q2. You can mail directly to them and clear any doubts.

If I were you I would stay away from HD2, as there is no official Win7 upgrade for this phone and I dont want my 30k phone to be outdated with 6 months.

@desiibond

There is a lot of differenct between an HTC 5mp Snap and Sony erricson 8 mp Snap. A SE 8mp snap will really make you smile :hap2: And regarding sony rushing things It made me laugh :eek:hyeah:. Sony is lazy of late and they are delaying almost all phones trying to make it perfect :mad: . Only Vivaz and Xperia x10 are their earning right now so they are really committed to both :clap:.

Buddy do not pay 30k for a phone if camera is a priority,a 10k digi cam will give you much better result than a 30k mobile.@Senthil,there is practically no difference between 5mp and 8mp for a mobile phone.A 2year old 5mp digi cam will produce a much better picture than the x10.Regarding commitment from SE,ask any xperia x1 user,you will get a very clear picture of their commitment.

desiibond said:
1) HTC HD2 (winmo 6.5+sense UI)

2) Motorola Milestone (android)

3) Google Nexus One (android, but no official support in India)

4) Palm pre (webOS, no support in India).

btw, It's better to wait for newer breed of HTC devices that are going to hit the market soon.

HD2 ruled out as i dont want winmo ,

Motorola , i dont quite like their UI and moreover dunno abt its support in India as I have seen many shopkeepers talking about moto shutting down its operations in india (may not be true) !

cant afford to get non-supported phones as of now ...

HTC EVO 4g looks promising but i dunno how long i'll hv to wait for it !!!

Vandal said:
Wait for the Desire; by then WM7 will confirm or not for HD2.

AFAIK its officially confirmed tht HD2 will not get win7 upgrade (not compatible) ...

SenthilAnandh said:
Buy Xperia X10. Sony is really committed to this phone. They have already provided an update within a month of its release. Android 2.1 will be released in Q2. You can mail directly to them and clear any doubts.

If I were you I would stay away from HD2, as there is no official Win7 upgrade for this phone and I dont want my 30k phone to be outdated with 6 months.

yeah , got to read about new update solving audio and text probs ... lesse how it goes !

red dragon said:
Buddy do not pay 30k for a phone if camera is a priority,a 10k digi cam will give you much better result than a 30k mobile.

now thats a good option , infact i can get a good entry level SLR for tht price :) , but then my cam usage will not be much or say would not be tht professional :p , i just want good cam handy whenever i feel like shooting something !!

Till date i have used two of the few best SE phones viz W810i and k810i , never had any problem with them (err except fastport :p) ...

abhifusion said:
Motorola , i dont quite like their UI and moreover dunno abt its support in India as I have seen many shopkeepers talking about moto shutting down its operations in india (may not be true) !

Well about those shopkeepers, thats mostly due to their ignorance. Motorola phones were almost extinct for a year or two before now as they were in bad shape and not releasing any new models. Thats why most shopkeepers say they are shutting down operations.
Ask them about the milestone/droid specifically and see if they know what you are talking about.

Boot_Comp said:
Well about those shopkeepers, thats mostly due to their ignorance. Motorola phones were almost extinct for a year or two before now as they were in bad shape and not releasing any new models. Thats why most shopkeepers say they are shutting down operations.
Ask them about the milestone/droid specifically and see if they know what you are talking about.

Yeah , that could be the case !

PS , X10's price already dropped from 33k to 30k @ Univercell !!!

abhifusion said:
HD2 ruled out as i dont want winmo ,

HTC EVO 4g looks promising but i dunno how long i'll hv to wait for it !!!

AFAIK its officially confirmed tht HD2 will not get win7 upgrade (not compatible) ...

yeah , got to read about new update solving audio and text probs ... lesse how it goes !

now thats a good option , infact i can get a good entry level SLR for tht price :) , but then my cam usage will not be much or say would not be tht professional :p , i just want good cam handy whenever i feel like shooting something !!

Till date i have used two of the few best SE phones viz W810i and k810i , never had any problem with them (err except fastport :p) ...
Thing is a phone's camera, be it 3mp or 10mp or 100mp will work only if the conditions are ideal like sufficient amount of light and not too much of brightness. Add to that the fact that there is no optical zoom on these phone cameras.

My suggestion too would be to go for a decent phone and a slim point-n-shoot style camera.

desiibond said:
Thing is a phone's camera, be it 3mp or 10mp or 100mp will work only if the conditions are ideal like sufficient amount of light and not too much of brightness. Add to that the fact that there is no optical zoom on these phone cameras.

My suggestion too would be to go for a decent phone and a slim point-n-shoot style camera.

i'll think over it man , thanks ! :)

i am also planning to buy...(currently on SE w995 )

my primary points are ..

1.) android

2.) 4" screen.... damn gorgeous

3.) Office suite... wana read more PDF ,

4.) Snap dragon

5.) SE

i have been using SE for last 6 years .. their UI are the best... not being a fan boy though , but thier is simple laid out and easily accessible...

already witnessed price drop in univercel , will keep an eye and when time is right , will buy X10 , till then gona read users feedback on esato , and other forums...

Naveen_Reloaded said:
my primary points are ..

1.) android
4.) Snap dragon
5.) SE

i have been using SE for last 6 years .. their UI are the best... not being a fan boy though , but thier is simple laid out and easily accessible...

already witnessed price drop in univercel , will keep an eye and when time is right , will buy X10 , till then gona read users feedback on esato , and other forums...

When U upgrade from SE W995- PM me a good offer for the W995

Naveen_Reloaded said:
my primary points are ..

1.) android
4.) Snap dragon
5.) SE

My plan is on hold for some time :S , btw got to know tht in Sony Center its selling for 30k (31k after VAT) ... prices have gone down , you might get it for even lesser in non-exclusive showrooms ...

abhifusion said:
My plan is on hold for some time :S , btw got to know tht in Sony Center its selling for 30k (31k after VAT) ... prices have gone down , you might get it for even lesser in non-exclusive showrooms ...

ya black market can get you still few thousands less , but i wouldn't gamble with this much priced phone...

let few more weeks so that reviews and opinion's will come...

Back