Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
n/a
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
not in use
Seagate backup plus 4tb external hard drive 100% health 52 days on power replaced in 2021 before warrenty over

Attachments

• hdd health.jpg
    hdd health.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 236
  • Seagate.jpg
    Seagate.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 189
  • seagate 2.jpg
    seagate 2.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 208
Got the drive on 9th. It was packed in just the box it comes in, with packing tape over it. Opened it and tested it yesterday. The cable did not work and the drive kept disconnecting continuously. Tried it with another cable (that I know works), and the drive doesn't show up on the computer. Tried connecting it to a Windows Pc and a Linux PC, was not detected on either. On windows, the drive was visible in device manager as a storage controller, but the storage itself was not visible. Tried checking using the Disk Management and Diskpart listdisks , but did not show up. On Linux, used Gparted and the Disks utility to check, but was not detected.

@shallg Connected to my Windows PC via teamviewer to check for himself. I sent him a video of the drive connected etc as well. Tried connecting to different USB ports on different computers.

Not sure if I can try anything else. Had a chat with @shallg after all of this, and he has agreed to refund 90% of the amount (4500) I paid (5000) after he gets back the drive, and I bear the return shipping charges.

I have dealt with @shallg before, and I know he obviously did not intend to cheat me of anything, hence I will not leave a negative feedback. But I wish he had packed it better, as I think that could've avoided this.

I will ship the drive back today.

Last edited:
I shipped the drive back on Friday. @shallg received the drive today. Soon as he got the drive, he proceeded to share a photo of the drive enclosure opened, saying that the serial numbers on the hdd inside and the enclosure outside do not match, and accusing me of replacing the drive inside the enclosure, calling me a cheat.

He proceeded to threaten me by saying that he will check with seagate for the owner of the drive by serial number, which I promptly agreed to, as I know that drive does not belong to me.

When I got the drive from @shallg , it did look like it was shucked in the past, as the enclosure was not tight fit as from factory. I am not someone who would accuse the other party without being absolutely sure that they are guilty, I thought it could've been because of the rough shipping.

I was pretty certain till now that @shallg shipped me a working drive, and the drive died because of the inadequate packing during shipping. But now I am not sure if it was even working when he sold it to me.

I have been on this forum for almost a decade, and a few other (now dead) forums for much longer. Members who have dealt with me in the past would know that I wouldn't do such a thing.

After going to such lengths to accuse me of swapping drives, I don't think I will be getting my money back from @shallg .

Over the years I have met so many good people through this forum. Incidents like these just make it difficult to trust new members.

I have send this email to Seagate to verify this internal swap hdd belong to whom as internal drive changed and serial number mismatched

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-15-15-32-02-874_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-02-15-15-32-02-874_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG-20220215-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20220215-WA0001.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG-20220215-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20220215-WA0003.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 146
External drive serial number belong to me as I have replaced it at ahmedabad service centre last time
And the internal belong to which other state Seagate will inform

I am not so sure that Seagate will just give you the info about a customer like that. But if there is a way to find out anything about the origin of the drive, I want to know.

I have send this email to Seagate to verify this internal swap hdd belong to whom as internal drive changed and serial number mismatched
First of all are you the first owner of this drive or you bought it from someone else here or elsewhere?
Asking Seagate or any brand about previous owner etc. is plain foolishness as no party will ever disclose such confidential info.
Even if the drive was ever replaced/shucked, as the buyer quotes that its packing was not up to the mark hence its not getting detected! IF it had got detected and working as advertised there would have been no question further.

But the working issues spilled the beans and revealed what all is wrong right till shucking, serial no.
External drive serial number belong to me as I have replaced it at ahmedabad service centre last time
And the internal belong to which other state Seagate will inform
Better walk to the same service center with the rma invoice and get it rectified!

First of all are you the first owner of this drive or you bought it from someone else here or elsewhere?
Asking Seagate or any brand about previous owner etc. is plain foolishness as no party will ever disclose such confidential info.
Even if the drive was ever replaced/shucked, as the buyer quotes that its packing was not up to the mark hence its not getting detected! IF it had got detected and working as advertised there would have been no question further.

But the working issues spilled the beans and revealed what all is wrong right till shucking, serial no.

Better walk to the same service center with the rma invoice and get it rectified!
I am just asking Seagate that this swap drive internal belong to which other state

The HDD sentinel screen shot has the SN of the HDD and it seems to match with the serial on the drive label. Also I don’t think the external enclosure and the drive inside need to have the same serial number.

It belongs to you.
Ok bro will refund to ruiner

I shipped the drive back on Friday. @shallg received the drive today. Soon as he got the drive, he proceeded to share a photo of the drive enclosure opened, saying that the serial numbers on the hdd inside and the enclosure outside do not match, and accusing me of replacing the drive inside the enclosure, calling me a cheat.

He proceeded to threaten me by saying that he will check with seagate for the owner of the drive by serial number, which I promptly agreed to, as I know that drive does not belong to me.

When I got the drive from @shallg , it did look like it was shucked in the past, as the enclosure was not tight fit as from factory. I am not someone who would accuse the other party without being absolutely sure that they are guilty, I thought it could've been because of the rough shipping.

I was pretty certain till now that @shallg shipped me a working drive, and the drive died because of the inadequate packing during shipping. But now I am not sure if it was even working when he sold it to me.

I have been on this forum for almost a decade, and a few other (now dead) forums for much longer. Members who have dealt with me in the past would know that I wouldn't do such a thing.

After going to such lengths to accuse me of swapping drives, I don't think I will be getting my money back from @shallg .

Over the years I have met so many good people through this forum. Incidents like these just make it difficult to trust new members.
I have known @ruiner21 for last may be 10 years, or more..
One of the best individuals i have come across, tbh i can vouch for him any time of any day really..
Always the gentleman, which one can judge from the way he replies...

Great that it got resolved amicably..
Kudos to all

Back