Seagate Backup Plus 3 TB USB 3.0 Desktop External HDD @ Rs6740

I sent an email to Amazon. They replied back and apologized for inconvenience and gave me instant credit of US$ 16. :)

They told me to pay Aramex and get the products. So I called Aramex and told them to deliver the product and come with a receipt of money being charged as custom duty.

What a contrast in services - Amazon - too good, Aramex - too bad.

Edit: Amazon given me the credit to my credit card (not purchase credit).

@prime : What about the import fee deposit? Did you get it back?? Pl. let me know.

Why does it show such a hike on imp duties---
Can them people who purchased earlier let us know how much customs duty was charged by amazon, and now much was paid and how much refunded?

Last edited:
8.5k for one item? You sure? It was 6750 last time when it was $99.
Is this the effect of the sliding Rupee?
Available now ....
http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expan...F8&qid=1377853453&sr=1-1&keywords=stbv3000100
Learn more
Items (2): INR 14,247.41
Shipping & handling: INR 1,548.13
AmazonGlobal Saver: -INR 1,548.13
Total before tax: INR 14,247.41
Estimated tax to be collected: INR 0.00
Import Fees Deposit INR 3,001.52
Order total: INR 17,248.9

17248 for 2 items so for 1 item it will b around 8.5 right ?
u got it for 6.7k :O lucky u
need one badly :(

The hike is in the INR/Dollar ratio.
The date on which this deal was posted $1=Rs. 59. Today it is Rs.69. For a $100 item that means an increase of 1k at least.

Edit - There is definitely a hike in the import fees deposit. I was checking out previous posts in this thread and in one post the import fees deposit for 4 drives was just Rs.1690.
I guess Amazon might have been charged excess duty and now they are erring on the side of caution.

Last edited:
Seems fine , the lowest ever has been $150 so good deal . Right now $155 excluding shipping

If you want to track the pricies you can try camelcamelcamel.com.

I waited long enough in trying to decide between the 3 or 4TB.....& the dollar started flying. I ordered one couple of days back (159.99, incl the import fees came to 182.2, with free shipping). So as such I paid ~1k over what should have paid some time back. No regrets. FK still has it @13k.

Now :nailbiting: for the arrival - Aramex is the courier.

Problem is that I doubt if they have service at my place (far away from a small town!), any idea who their partners are like - in areas where they don't deliver?

Back