FS: Networking Seagate GoFlex NAS - Low Cost 24/7 Downloader - Fully Configured & Ready to Use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please confirm payment, I sent you PM but I can't see in my sent messages.

Or I will send again

Regards,
Rushikesh

i wish i had the money for this right now...would have loved to pick one up for myself.
but a friend might want one so i will let you know :)

Congrats on being the MOTM bro.

I just saw this exciting post & seem interested ...... However, I am TOTALLY LOST & can't seem to figure out how to use this for 24/7 DL's. I am from Mumbai & my average monthly DL's are in the region of 250GB or so (I use an MTNL Broadband Connection). Can I use this for "u-torrent" ....... How do I monitor it (connect to a display to check ongoing downloads)? Is this the STAK100 model ? Are there any tutorial's on youtube etc.

The config that you mentioned just went over my head (including the one at Seagate GoFlex Home | Arch Linux ARM / If someone can help me I would be willing to learn how to use this exciting device.

Sorry If I sound like someone from the stoneage or another planet ...... But that's the truth.

Terry

Thanks! Not official yet! ;)

Well, if you want it just for torrents, you don't need to do all that. I will install the torrent client and preconfigure it. You just need to plug it in and start using it.

Congrats on being the MOTM bro.

I just saw this exciting post & seem interested ...... However, I am TOTALLY LOST & can't seem to figure out how to use this for 24/7 DL's. I am from Mumbai & my average monthly DL's are in the region of 250GB or so (I use an MTNL Broadband Connection). Can I use this for "u-torrent" ....... How do I monitor it (connect to a display to check ongoing downloads)? Is this the STAK100 model ? Are there any tutorial's on youtube etc.

The config that you mentioned just went over my head (including the one at Seagate GoFlex Home | Arch Linux ARM / If someone can help me I would be willing to learn how to use this exciting device.

Sorry If I sound like someone from the stoneage or another planet ...... But that's the truth.

Terry

Pronto & Thanks Varkey .... So let's proceed.

I will PM you for Bank details (expect a little delay from my side as it's a Saturday & NEFT transfer's + my being able to be online ......). However it's confirmed from my side.

Thanks Varkey .... now whilst I wait for the delivery. This is what I would also want to pick up (as recommended by you)
[h=1]Seagate Freeagent Goflex External Hard Disk 3.0 - 2 Tb[/h] Seagate Freeagent Goflex External Hard Disk 3.0 - 2 Tb - Buy External Hard Drives Online at Lowest Prices on Snapdeal.com

This will be mounted on the GoFlex Home
[Now since I am a noob with Linux & Debian ...... so ] .....

1] Initially I would just try to use the 2TB as storage, so how do I configure it - for torrent files to be saved (I assume I will be using the "pre-configured" usb-stick with transmission on it)....... would it have to be formatted differently, etc ?

2] Later (after a month or so) will do a separate install of Debian Linux 6.0 (Squeeze) along with a few essential apps.

3] Can I access this 2TB drive from my PC-Network & will I have access to the GUI ?

4] Can this 2TB drive be accessed by my WDTV-Live Hub patched through the ethernet route ? (to playback Hi-def content)

Note: 90 percent of my DL's are Full HD Content movies/documentaries/tutorials

Terry

^

1. I will be sending it with the factory firmware with a torrent client installed. All the default features will be available and you can download torrents as well. A USB Stick is not required and will not be included.

2. Yes, you can do that.

3. Yes, and there is a Web UI to manage the files or you can use the Seagate GoFlex Dashboard software.

4. Yes

Thanks @varkey ..... I collected the prized GoFlex parcel from my local P.O. I must say it's packed very securely.

I will be opening it this evening.

Meanwhile, I am still awaiting delivery of 2TB drive from snapdeal.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back