FS: Networking Seagate GoFlex NAS - Low Cost 24/7 Downloader - Fully Configured & Ready to Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

varkey

Skilled
  • Product Name: Seagate GoFlex NAS - Low Cost 24/7 Downloader
  • Expected Price: Rs 2500 shipped
  • Shipping charges :Free
  • Manufacturer page URL: GoFlex Home | Seagate

• Description if any:
This is basically a Pogoplug / Dockstar / GoFlex Net and can be used as a low cost download box, NAS, media server, etc etc. It has one SATA port which can be used to connect a 3.5" or 2.5" bare drive or a GoFlex Desktop drive. You can also connect it to a multi-bay eSata enclosure too, it supports the Port Multiplier function.

Average power consumption with a 2.5" USB drive is about 5-8 w only. You can also attach a USB Hub to increase the number of USB ports.

Architecture : ARMv5te
Processor : Marvell Kirkwood 1.2GHz
RAM : 128MB
NAND : 256MB
USB : 1
SATA : 1
Ethernet : Gigabit

Torrent client ie Transmission will be installed along with the default firmware, no pendrive is required in this case.

OR

The initial configuration of the device will be performed, ie installing latest uBoot, Rescue System, Netconsole for recovery etc. The buyer only needs to download the rootfs (link will be provided), extract the files to a pendrive and the device will be ready to use. Basic apps like Transmission, Samba etc will be pre installed.

Basically the following steps will be performed

1. Activate the device
2. Install latest uBoot with support for newer kernels
3. Install Rescue System
4. Configure Netconsole for recovery
5. A rootfs with basic apps will be available for download.

If you need the device without any modification, I can provide that too.
  • Reason for Sale: Got few extra
  • Product condition: 9.5 / 10 | Seagate Certified Refurbished, looks brand new
  • Purchase Date: June
  • Remaining Warranty period: Nil | 30 Days
  • Warranty available in: US
  • Invoice Available: No

• Shipping from: Cochin
  • Shipping to: All over India
  • Preferred courier: Speedpost, DTDC
  • Payment options: NEFT, Bank Transfer

Sold one to @krishnenduk, received the payment, will be shipping it shortly.

2-3 more available, those who are interested PM me! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
All are sold as of now, will update the thread if someone backs out! :)
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

whats with this?

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

tomemmanuel & gREen

You packages have been shipped by Speedpost and you should received it by Friday. Tracking info sent by PM! :)

thanks @varkey

Last edited by a moderator:
It wouldn't let me post! telling me that it's less than the required characters, I decided to teach it a lesson and gave it more charactes than it could handle, lol...

Lol, what you tried to post, "lol"
Ha ha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back