Seedbox sharing !

^ thanks both for faster response. Aragog18 can't pay right now, therefore I've paid on his part. He'll pay me back after a month or so. However, rest i.e tirthankar & raksrules, please pay asap

I'm still waiting for payment from tirthankar. Additionally, 7th member hasn't paid a penny yet. Can only order after I receive complete money.

wait you gave away my spot or someone elses? I was never given payment info so i couldnt pay... If i still have a spot ill be back home in 6 hours and pay then. Send me the info and your email because i cant send pms for the moment.

^ I sent you the pm asking how you want to pay for which I never received the answer. We're getting late so whomsoever paid 1st, got the sot. Though I haven't checked my SBI Account today but I'll take manu1991's word that he had deposited the amount.

^ I have deleted all my pms or I would have posted it here. Anyways, no hard feeling... I suggest you to start your own thread. I'm sure you'll find many people for seedbox sharing.

zanderzone said:
a_k_s_h_a_y, SumitB, Aragog18, tirthankar & raksrules, you need to pay me Rs 150 more for the upgraded seedbox and this time I'll only make payment when it's received from everybody.
:S , hadnt you already bought the seedbox , or this a new one ?

manu1991 said:
:S , hadnt you already bought the seedbox , or this a new one ?

The story goes like this.
We ordered, he put us in his long queue for the Easy Plan. Which is too long. We got angry,
So he put us on fast track to his Medium Plan, he says 24hrs max setup time now. This is now bit costly.

@YourNameHere There is one member 'tirthankar' who isn't responding. He still need to pay Rs 150 more. We'll wait for him til tonight. If he don't reply still, we'll refund his partial payment and give you a go-ahead.

YourNameHere said:
Could anyone point me toward some sort of tutorial so i could figure out how to setup my own box?
BitTorrent NaQ's Complete Setup Guide for Linux Seedboxes (Fedora Core/CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu) - FileSharing Talk

its not difficult at all

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
The story goes like this.
We ordered, he put us in his long queue for the Easy Plan. Which is too long. We got angry,
So he put us on fast track to his Medium Plan, he says 24hrs max setup time now. This is now bit costly.
Oh , its a good thing this has 4 Gb of RAM , the earlier one had only 2 Gb which would be pita between 7 users

YourNameHere said:
Could anyone point me toward some sort of tutorial so i could figure out how to setup my own box?

I can help you with that, if time permits. since my exams are up.

If they setup for you, there is nothing left.
If you buy a VPS and a Dedicated machine without setup, then you need to worry.

First tell me which server you are considering to buy..
There are lots of tutorials, google can help you easy.

These are basic steps.

1. Get the Linux OS running. Easiest step, just a click and wait 5 minutes.
2. Install Apache, Php, MySQL. Pretty easy.
3. Install phpymyadmin. For easy database management.

The difficult part is CHOICE of torrent client !

here are few examples.

uTorrent + VNC
uTorrent + WebUI (VNC still needed for proper setup)
Torrentflux or Torrentflux b4rt
rtorrent + rtgui or some gui.

With multiple users and multiple IPS, things only get bit complicated, virtual hosting might come into picture.

Imposing disk quotas is easy, but i don't know how to impose strict bandwidth quotas on all different kinds of setup.
from this point on more advanced setups get really complicated !!

simple rule would be share equally among yourselves..!

Back