Seedbox sharing !

great so now after few days we will get the system.

Please do the setups also. Me a noob with this

Also zanderzone whats are the specifications of the box. I mean is there any link where i can read it ?

ucekpolish@hotmail.com said (Yesterday at 8:13 PM):

you around?

Nishant says:

Hi yes !

I don't use MSN Messenger very often so if there's something you want to say, you can leave offliner

Admin says:

you server will be ready on tomorrow around 01:00pm

Nishant says:

ohh, that's great news indeed

thanks

10 chars....

Nice to know.

I can setup tomorrow morning 6 AM - 8 AM ! 24th. Else on 26th same time again.

This month sucks, thanks to outsystems that is. Next month, I got better plans, ;)

well buds, I'm dealing with a jack$hit who says tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow... I'm totally exhausted .... we can't ask for refund because PayPal says it's a not tangible item and there's no proof if services are delivered to us or not....to be very fair, I'm going on vacations for 1 week now...if I have any news, I'll post here

okay guys, some gud news

we have server access now

login as: root

root@XXXXXXXX's password:

Last login: Fri Jun 26 15:11:56 2009 from cache.ovh.net

Ubuntu 8.04 (server)

Linux ns304134.ovh.net 2.6.27.10-grsec-xxxx-grs-ipv4-32 #5 SMP Wed Apr 1 13:09:4 9 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

server : 82906

ip : XXXXXXXXXX

hostname : ns304134.ovh.net

root@ns304134:~# ls -l

total 72

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 66907 2009-06-26 15:11 install_rtm.sh

root@ns304134:~#

best thing is tomorrow is sat-sun so we can set it up. Askshay, please contact me asap on gtalk

hmmm, well, i had plans of creating different unix users on the system.

And each user runs own instance of uTorrent, vnc.

disk quotas. That's all. And later may be bandwidth restrictions.

Is the new plan to implement VPS ?

I am ok with that. ASK others.

Also need to research how it affects overall performance for P2P. It only provides perfect privacy and independence. Rest all have to check.

VPS for 6 users would take up resources.. also not every one might be able to manage an independent VPS.

i think the idea of separate user accounts with disk quota is good. giving each of them read/write access only in their own home directory and nowhere else would preserve the privacy.

if files are to be shared, give recursive read access tor all in the /home directory,but each will have write access only his own home directory. this way everyone can view others downloads but can only delete own downloads.

for VPS, each virtual server would need to be setup individuall.. lots of hassle

Back