Service tax is now 15% from 1st June 2016, Thanks to Krishi Kalyan cess

swatkats

Skilled
Last week, the Ministry of Finance issued a circular stating that the government has decided to impose a Swachh Bharat cess at the rate of 0.5% on all services presently liable to be charged service tax, with effect from 15 November. This means that for everyRs.100 worth of taxable services, you will be taxed 50 paise as Swachh Bharat cess. According to the finance ministry, the proceeds from this cess will be exclusively used for Swachh Bharat initiatives. In a statement, it said, “Swachh Bharat Cess is not another tax but a step towards involving each and every citizen in making contribution to Swachh Bharat.” India taxes services based on a negative list, i.e., any service not especially excluded from this levy is taxed.

www.livemint.com/Money/ju3mM75ddxulCreDWgnJEK/Service-tax-is-set-to-increase-from-14-to-1450-due-to-05.html

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-12-14-26-12.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-12-14-26-12.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:
Also, bear in mind that GST would apply only to the additional value added to a commodity and thus going beyond 20% still won't hurt you much. Contrary to popular belief, taxes actually help the economy grow.

GST is still miles ahead of today's cascading taxation system!

I have absolutely no issues paying 0.5% extra. But one year from now I want to see reports of progress, either do something for the poor people of India, like building toilette, giving out sanitary items to women. Or do it locally like setting up garbage bins beside roads, setting up recycling units etc. If I don't see them then boy oh boy BJP will not get my vote in 2019. If it's properly executed then its a guaranteed vote from me.

Though I'm a bit bothered about the intolerance issues I'd give due where it belongs, one step at a time is good enough for me, at least in a country like India.

I have absolutely no issues paying 0.5% extra. But one year from now I want to see reports of progress, either do something for the poor people of India, like building toilette, giving out sanitary items to women. Or do it locally like setting up garbage bins beside roads, setting up recycling units etc. If I don't see them then boy oh boy BJP will not get my vote in 2019. If it's properly executed then its a guaranteed vote from me.

Though I'm a bit bothered about the intolerance issues I'd give due where it belongs, one step at a time is good enough for me, at least in a country like India.

Totally agreeing with you on this one. However, I just want to point your attention to the fact that fringe elements were always present in the society, be it any govt. I am not getting the logic behind the current association which seems like a new fad to me. Are people not looking at the various economic indicators prevailing these days? Our economy seems robust and all predictictions are favouring us.

If you look at the people who are dissenting and analyze their past, you'll see that they were always against the ideologies of the present govt. So, their opinion doesn't really matter. Oh, and furthermore I think in few regions, people prefer sectarianism over development!

fully agreed. Do that rather than run for PR and plastering your pictures and "achievements" in newspapers.
Though I didn't vote. Our's will be in 2016.
Since we are talking about the goverment, I want to mention that the BJP supremo Amit Shah promised the migrants from Bangladesh permanent citizenship in India if they win the upcoming election in the North East states. Yet another cancerous promise.

I have absolutely no issues paying 0.5% extra. But one year from now I want to see reports of progress, either do something for the poor people of India, like building toilette, giving out sanitary items to women. Or do it locally like setting up garbage bins beside roads, setting up recycling units etc.
I don't think you can expect results in an year. It will take years. Give them some time.

If I don't see them then boy oh boy BJP will not get my vote in 2019. If it's properly executed then its a guaranteed vote from me..
But to whom you will vote? Congress? AAP is still a joke or its not ready for nation yet.

Though I'm a bit bothered about the intolerance issues I'd give due where it belongs, one step at a time is good enough for me, at least in a country like India..
Intolerance has been existed always, imo.

So more indirect cess huh? Hello BJP supporters. :D
State election is next year. I was thinking of voting for BJP over the the Congress but damn they are really making it hard.
When #LOLSwachhBharatCess is still on everyone's mind.

Back