Share your automations

Hi Karthik,
I'm using a Texmo 0.5HP pressure pump in my house. I'm facing the same trouble of dry running issue. I'm not a software or mechanical engineer. Can you please help me to get the smarteefi device meant for pressure pump.
If you are familiar with soldering, and you need a usb to TTL converter with 3.3v support in order to flash tasmota

Also can you tell me why you are having this dry run issue if the water tank would have water all the time?
Tasmota will monitor if the pump runs for more than 15 or any other settable seconds, and turn it off and wait and retry for 5 more times before turning off permanently until a power cut/manually rebooted

Steps are simple:
Soldering gpio 0 wire
Putting into flash mode
Flashing tasmota via webserial in chrome
Applying the template which i provide which configures the device for tasmota
Few commands for setting the maxpower, and Max run time

If you are good at tech you could do in 30 minutes to an hour maximum

If you are familiar with soldering, and you need a usb to TTL converter with 3.3v support in order to flash tasmota

Also can you tell me why you are having this dry run issue if the water tank would have water all the time?
Tasmota will monitor if the pump runs for more than 15 or any other settable seconds, and turn it off and wait and retry for 5 more times before turning off permanently until a power cut/manually rebooted

Steps are simple:
Soldering gpio 0 wire
Putting into flash mode
Flashing tasmota via webserial in chrome
Applying the template which i provide which configures the device for tasmota
Few commands for setting the maxpower, and Max run time

If you are good at tech you could do in 30 minutes to an hour maximum
I've never done the electronic soldering, wiring and stuffs like.
The thing about dry run issue is, we don't know how much the water level left over in the tank. Based on the water flow reduces in the bathroom/kitchen tap only, we will know that water level is less/empty in the tank. Until that, the pressure pump is dry running continuously.
Sometimes unfortunately the tank water emptied out at night time and we are not aware of it. hence the pump is running continuously throughout night.
Can you help me personally to build the smarteefi stuff?

I've never done the electronic soldering, wiring and stuffs like.
The thing about dry run issue is, we don't know how much the water level left over in the tank. Based on the water flow reduces in the bathroom/kitchen tap only, we will know that water level is less/empty in the tank. Until that, the pressure pump is dry running continuously.
Sometimes unfortunately the tank water emptied out at night time and we are not aware of it. hence the pump is running continuously throughout night.
Can you help me personally to build the smarteefi stuff?
If you want it done the simple way, get a float switch installed to the pump.. So that it could not get power if the tank runs out of water.

where are you from?

I am from Rajapalayam, virudhunagar district
Do you have the data how long the pump runs regularly when faucet is opened? And in case you have it piped for whole house, and multiple faucets are open is it still cutting off after like few seconds?

it looks like tasmota can be installed if you could ship it to me and again back to you..

Do you have the data how long the pump runs regularly when faucet is opened? And in case you have it piped for whole house, and multiple faucets are open is it still cutting off after like few seconds?

it looks like tasmota can be installed if you could ship it to me and again back to you..
Yeah sure. I can send you the stuffs you required. You can ship me back after programming.
Is there any way that I can drop my mobile number personally to you? I don't wanna drop my contact in this public forum.

Hey folks - I see many of you are using IR blaster for controlling AC

can anyone of you help me with a IR blaster device that can be flashed with Tasmota ?

Hey folks - I see many of you are using IR blaster for controlling AC

can anyone of you help me with a IR blaster device that can be flashed with Tasmota ?
the issue is that the OEM keeps changing.
I had to take a chance on a generic Blaster based on visual cues. Luckily for me it turned out to be a ESP8266 with serial headers so flashing it was easy enough.

Based on visual cues again, this one would appear to be the same- but its really hard to say for sure since the internals can change anytime

Hi Karthik,
I'm using a Texmo 0.5HP pressure pump in my house. I'm facing the same trouble of dry running issue. I'm not a software or mechanical engineer. Can you please help me to get the smarteefi device meant for pressure pump.
Hi Vignesh

When you say dry running issue, are you saying you have a sump and you have some automation wherein the pump turns itself on even when there is no water in the sump?

Not sure if I understood this correctly.

Assuming you have a sump or a water storage in the ground floor and want to pump water automatically to your water tanks on the roof, there are water controller available for around 1500 which monitor the water levels at both your roof and your sump and automatically turn off and turn on based on requirements. No smart switches required. Mine is working well for more than 6 months and my in-laws have had this for more than 10 years now.

Even I wanted to use Alexa or Google home based smart switches for these....but couldnt figure out the logic. But the above works great.

Hi Vignesh

When you say dry running issue, are you saying you have a sump and you have some automation wherein the pump turns itself on even when there is no water in the sump?

Not sure if I understood this correctly.

Assuming you have a sump or a water storage in the ground floor and want to pump water automatically to your water tanks on the roof, there are water controller available for around 1500 which monitor the water levels at both your roof and your sump and automatically turn off and turn on based on requirements. No smart switches required. Mine is working well for more than 6 months and my in-laws have had this for more than 10 years now.

Even I wanted to use Alexa or Google home based smart switches for these....but couldnt figure out the logic. But the above works great.
No.. The requirement is different.. I could help but he has no idea of soldering and little playing around with electronics... The controller need to make sure the pump doesn't run more than say 10 seconds at once.. Settable time.. And if it does occur like that more than 5 times it will disable the operation till power reboot of the controller.. This happens by monitoring the power drawn by the pump..

Back