Health & Fitness Share your observation regarding efficacy of Covid vaccine: did it protect or not

Please do share sources for people after taking covaxin 2 doses are getting critical?
Covidshield is very effective after two doses if you're worried covaxin isn't effective just take the covidshield.
It is not as if people have a choice on which vaccine to take. There are no studies done on the impact of taking a third dose of a different vaccine if that is what you are suggesting, besides it impacts the vaccine availability even more if people vaccinated with 2 doses of Covaxin now decide to take Covishield.

In general, most company-organised vaccination drives are insisting only on Covishield, partly because Covaxin may also affect international travel as it is not recognised by WHO.

Meanwhile, I had people from my organisation affected by Covid-19 in the recent wave taking their vaccine from private hospitals just after a month because they want a vaccination certificate, despite studies emphasizing that having the vaccination soon after infection produces very little antibodies. There is no limit to stupidity.

I am not sure of the purpose of thread other than adding to vaccine hesitancy. The vaccines were never guaranteed to provide 100% protection from Covid19 but are more to manage the severity. Again that will vary from one person to another. Even with both vaccines, you can still get infected if you don't wear masks and don't maintain CAB. Covid appropriate behavior is a acronym now, damn !

It is not as if people have a choice on which vaccine to take. There are no studies done on the impact of taking a third dose of a different vaccine if that is what you are suggesting, besides it impacts the vaccine availability even more if people vaccinated with 2 doses of Covaxin now decide to take Covishield.

In general, most company-organised vaccination drives are insisting only on Covishield, partly because Covaxin may also affect international travel as it is not recognised by WHO.

Meanwhile, I had people from my organisation affected by Covid-19 in the recent wave taking their vaccine from private hospitals just after a month because they want a vaccination certificate, despite studies emphasizing that having the vaccination soon after infection produces very little antibodies. There is no limit to stupidity.
No, what I suggested was for him to get covidshield as he feels covaxin isn't effective from his experience. Nowhere did I mention to get covidshield if you're already vaccinated with covaxin. At least in my state it's easy to choose vaccine and covidshield is more easily available than covaxin.

Please do share sources for people after taking covaxin 2 doses are getting critical?
Covidshield is very effective after two doses if you're worried covaxin isn't effective just take the covidshield.
Did I ever mention I am starting the thread to zero in on which vaccine I want.
FYI I have alreday got my both jabs of covaxin , the second one on 24th of may .
So don't take this where it was never intended to.
As for my trust, no vaccine at this moment is claiming to provide 100% protection.

The purpose of the thread which i am adding here for the third time is to share observations of protection levels we as laymen are noticing around us.

Clear ????????
I am not sure of the purpose of thread other than adding to vaccine hesitancy. The vaccines were never guaranteed to provide 100% protection from Covid19 but are more to manage the severity. Again that will vary from one person to another. Even with both vaccines, you can still get infected if you don't wear masks and don't maintain CAB. Covid appropriate behavior is a acronym now, damn !
THE PURPOSE is to share observations regarding how many people we noticed or came across who remained protected or had milder form of infection or contacted the disease which may have been modrate but still could be easily managed at home without any emergency measure, of course after the second jab ( at least 15 to 20 days after ) of vaccine ( any vaccine ).

If reading accounts and observations makes one confused and hesitant then its their problem really.

THE PURPOSE HERE IS NOT TO CONFUSE ANYONE OR MAKE THEM HESITANT , everyone should get vaccinated with whatever vaccine they can lay their hands on, PERIOD!!

Last edited:
You said
Covaxin first dose doesn't impart crap really.. but even after second dose people getting critical , this is worrisome tbh.
I only asked you to prove this with sources because the docs and articles I've seen are saying that both vaccines are very protective against severe cases/death.

And how am I supposed to know you're vaccinated? From the first post all it conveyed was that you're worried about vaccine effectiveness especially the covaxin and from my own experience covidshield is very protective so I suggested you to take covidshield.

You said

I only asked you to prove this with sources because the docs and articles I've seen are saying that both vaccines are very protective against severe cases/death.

And how am I supposed to know you're vaccinated? From the first post all it conveyed was that you're worried about vaccine effectiveness especially the covaxin and from my own experience covidshield is very protective so I suggested you to take covidshield.
That was in respose to this

And your concern is duly noted though not needed in my case .
The concern on my part is for us all, in observing and sharing how many we noticed really remained protected even after contracting the disease after being fully vaccinated or had a mild disease only .

And I don't think apart from sharing my obsarvation I said anything else showing that I am very concerned about which vaccine to choose...

@STAFF
If the staff feels this thread might so called or make people hesitant or might create confusion among this community then they can DELETE IT ..

Last edited:
I mean honestly in this thread we are looking at correlations between vaccines and side-effects. It might not be right if someone stumbles upon this thread and assumes that its causation.

As for effectiveness I don't think we have the requisite skill/knowledge to make an informed decision.

At this point get whatever vaccine you can lay your hands on. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Its okay to discuss amongst ourselves but we should be very careful of the fact that at the end of the day this is all anecdotal.

I mean honestly in this thread we are looking at correlations between vaccines and side-effects. It might not be right if someone stumbles upon this thread and assumes that its causation.

As for effectiveness I don't think we have the requisite skill/knowledge to make an informed decision.

At this point get whatever vaccine you can lay your hands on. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Its okay to discuss amongst ourselves but we should be very careful of the fact that at the end of the day this is all anecdotal.
No corelations were meant
Simple plane observation , even my friend had utterly mild disease ...

My goal was to get an idea in general of all the vaccines though I know the data collection is a lengthy painful process involving, epidemiological factors , blood work and many more parameters , hence I said a LAYMAN'S observation

Again asking mods to not just bin but delete the thread if majority of guys feel it might lead to bias and confusion which was not at all my idea .

Last edited:
Just wanted to add that it's disappointing to see calls for shutting down this discussion and in my opinion, this thread should stay up.

Back