Health & Fitness Share your observation regarding efficacy of Covid vaccine: did it protect or not

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Hi
I am starting this thread to discuss and get info regarding how effective the vaccine jabs have been ... Be it you or someone from family or people you know .

The idea is to get info about the fact that an individual after both shots or even after one was infact protected and didn't contract the disease despite his or her family getting infected and testing positive for covid 19.

I am sharing my observation :
A friend (age 45) who got second jab of covaxin on 24th March got inefcted and had fever around 6th or 7th of April as he had attended a seminar on 5th April organised by govt of delhi. So despite being fully vaccinated around 12 days back he contracted the disease.
His fever was mild at most, it reached 101, just for a day ( for rest of the 6 or 7 days it was around 100 or below ) plus body ache, mild cough and the least his spo2 went was 89. He had got a rapid antigen test done after 2 or 3 days of the fever to confirm the infection.

He got better in around 10 days approximately, he rates his illness as just mild one.
His wife ( 42) and kids (15 and 17) all had very mild symptoms of Covid ( none of them were vaccinated) just mild fever.

Noe the interesting part ::::::::::
His brother who lives one floor above, was vaccinated with covishield & had got his second dose around 20th of March. His wife and children all got the virus from the family of my friend downstairs and all got fever and symptoms of Covid ( none of them were vaccinated apart from the brother of my friend), but despite his wife and kids being positive my friends brother didn't show any signs of disease at all as if covishield worked better than covaxin.

If you have come across such instances then do share , let's try and deduce whatever we can .

Last edited:
I mean, isn't this exactly what the covid vaccine experience thread was for?
Nope that's about choice of vaccine and what people felt physically after the jab.

I am looking to inquire if after teh second jab or even after first when once got in contact with covid especially in family or close circle [emoji778], then did the vaccine protect them or they got infected afterall, ans if they were infected ,how sever the disease was ..

Here's about my sister in law.
She got covaccine and after first jab no side effects or any of those effects as if she took some nominal injection.
Second job and she felt feverish and headache etc. It lasted for 2 days and then all good.

Here's about my sister in law.
She got covaccine and after first jab no side effects or any of those effects as if she took some nominal injection.
Second job and she felt feverish and headache etc. It lasted for 2 days and then all good.
Actually with this thread i wish to ask all if anyone still got infected after taking the second or may be first dose for that matter .

Or despite other family members getting infected with the covid the vaccinated person didn't catch it

Actually with this thread i wish to ask all if anyone still got infected after taking the second or may be first dose for that matter .

Or despite other family members getting infected with the covid the vaccinated person didn't catch it
Well in my society and people who I know, whoever took first jab 80% got infected to covid 2nd wave this mar/apr.
Now they wont be able to take 2nd shot until 90days.

Well in my society and people who I know, whoever took first jab 80% got infected to covid 2nd wave this mar/apr.
Now they wont be able to take 2nd shot until 90days.
Yeah , but was anyone had to be hospitalized or were critical .
How many just had mild symptoms during this second wave compared to unvaccinated family members belonging to same age group etc. ( Though it can't lead to any concrete info and not the basis of deducing any results but let's discuss at least )

Last edited:
Yeah , but was anyone had to be hospitalized or were critical .
How many just had mild symptoms during this second wave compared to unvaccinated family members belonging to same age group etc. ( Though it can't lead to any concrete info and not the basis of deducing any results but let's discuss at least )
Yes almost 90% of them all.

This is so braindead. Instead of the studies done by professionals on literally thousands of people, lets base our perceptions on rumors, hearsay and what your 4th cousins third nephew said he heard.
let the professionals continue to do their work. As you know covaxin vaccines did not get authorisation from the US FDA. So professionals talk about macro economic impact and generalise it with thousands of people. There is nothing wrong in sharing the information we have. We are not advising anyone to take or not take vaccine. its the individuals own decision.

My boss is 57 years old, he took the 2nd dose of the vaccine last Sunday. On Monday he had overall body pain, tiredness and felt weak. So he took leave from Office on Monday. By Tuesday i.e 2nd day, he was feeling better and almost back to normal. he started working again on Tuesday and he seems fine till now. I haven't head of anyone in my surroundings catching getting infected after vaccination.

let the professionals continue to do their work. As you know covaxin vaccines did not get authorisation from the US FDA. So professionals talk about macro economic impact and generalise it with thousands of people. There is nothing wrong in sharing the information we have. We are not advising anyone to take or not take vaccine. its the individuals own decision.

My boss is 57 years old, he took the 2nd dose of the vaccine last Sunday. On Monday he had overall body pain, tiredness and felt weak. So he took leave from Office on Monday. By Tuesday i.e 2nd day, he was feeling better and almost back to normal. he started working again on Tuesday and he seems fine till now. I haven't head of anyone in my surroundings catching getting infected after vaccination.
My intention was to inquire if after 15 to 20 days of getting second dose people still contracted the disease or not if their family was down with the covid infection.
This is so braindead. Instead of the studies done by professionals on literally thousands of people, lets base our perceptions on rumors, hearsay and what your 4th cousins third nephew said he heard.

Dear....
Over here what we wish to do is have a look at the protection levels of vaccines AS LAYMEN and for the sake of info only and certainly NOT TO MAKE ANY PROFESSIONAL OPINION OR SUGGESTION HERE .
So there is no need to be be harsh.its a forum ans we are just discussing if even after being fully vaccinated people are still contracting the disease,obviously post 15 to 20 days of second dose when it's assumed that the antibodies kick in.

What OP is trying to do is collect some info whether vaccine is working or not..
He is not asking how you felt after taking vaccine. Just read for once before writing.

In my experience my FIL has been hospitalized even after 2 jabs of covaxin taken during March.

What OP is trying to do is collect some info whether vaccine is working or not..
He is not asking how you felt after taking vaccine. Just read for once before writing.

In my experience my FIL has been hospitalized even after 2 jabs of covaxin taken during March.
Hope he is doing well now.[emoji120]
Which vaccine was it and after how many days of second dose he got infected.

Hope he is doing well now.[emoji120]
Which vaccine was it and after how many days of second dose he got infected.
He is still in the hospital.. lungs infection with pneumonia
He got the covaxin vaccine sometime in March. So almost 2 months later he still got infected.

Me, wife & son also got infected recently and recovering at home with medication. Day 14 for us today and we still have coughing.
I had taken 1st dose last month on 11th and was due for 2nd dose.
But the single does did not have any effect on the severity of my infection since my wife had not taken even the single dose and yet both our symptoms were almost same and recovery rate is also the same.

So in short I have 0 faith in the vaccination based on my own personal experience.

He is still in the hospital.. lungs infection with pneumonia
He got the covaxin vaccine sometime in March. So almost 2 months later he still got infected.

Me, wife & son also got infected recently and recovering at home with medication. Day 14 for us today and we still have coughing.
I had taken 1st dose last month on 11th and was due for 2nd dose.
But the single does did not have any effect on the severity of my infection since my wife had not taken even the single dose and yet both our symptoms were almost same and recovery rate is also the same.

So in short I have 0 faith in the vaccination based on my own personal experience.
This is what I was and am worried about, the situation with your FIL despite vaccination ..

Covaxin first dose doesn't impart crap really.. but even after second dose people getting critical , this is worrisome tbh.

Wishing you and all family best of health dear mate and a may your FIL recovers quickly.
God bless

This is what I was and am worried about, the situation with your FIL despite vaccination ..

Covaxin first dose doesn't impart crap really.. but even after second dose people getting critical , this is worrisome tbh.

Wishing you and all family best of health dear mate and a may your FIL recovers quickly.
God bless
Please do share sources for people after taking covaxin 2 doses are getting critical?
Covidshield is very effective after two doses if you're worried covaxin isn't effective just take the covidshield.

Back