Sharp AH-XP18PMT split inverter AC

1450 would result in just 350 units of electricity or even less.
even if ur AC is half a tonn ...u cannot get this bill.

You need to get a 100 watt AC for get a 1450 HOUSEHOLD bill (fridge, geyser, TV, etc). 100 watts A/C are only made in one place ----- dreams.

IIRC Rishi made an even more out-worldly claim saying his bill went up by only 100 units. The plasmacluster ioniser + fan blower by itself will use about 100~150W (which is why the Sharp's power meter stops at a min of 0.2KW), and people are claiming average power in that bracket.
If it stops at 0.2kw then 5 hours is 1 unit. 15 hours would be 3 units. Times that by 30 and its around 100 units per month.

Any challenge ?

Ah, he set the temp to 29, that's quite high and if the ambient temp was close then the ac does not need to come on.

I did not get the impression that this ac is doing a better job or not as there is no frame of reference at all. Compressor not running the ac isn't really a test of how efficient it is.

When i was doing power calcs years ago here, inverters were a no go as there was no way to estimate power unless you could measure them directly when running.

All i can tell from inverters is they do a better job at maintaining a constant temp, how efficient is debatable, but man is there is so much market speak around them claiming so.

1. For a bill of 1500 @Rs 5, we are looking at 300KwH of consumption
  2. i.e. an average load of 300/(24*30) = 416W assuming 24*7 operations
  3. As effective as an AC maybe, the blower will consume between 75-100W of power so we are looking at the compressor using 336W blended
  4. A very effective 1.5T compressor may consume say 1400W while up so we are looking at an average of 336 /1400 = 24% runtime
Thus if the OP has set the room temperature a few degrees below the ambient temp at all time, it is theoretically possible to do what he claims
However, obviously, the above calcs dont take into account the consumption from any other household devices he has listed

always use 26- 27 temp 24x7 like this guy sugest
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...e-ac-air-conditioner-buy-211.html#post3148145

to keep electric bills below 1000

What if electric bill comes over 1000? Will Sharp or you reimburse us the difference?
Its better if you stopped making such tall claims here.

Most electric rates have gone up everywhere now. I'm paying around 7 rupees per unit for usage slab of 100-300 units per month. My bills without AC is 1000+ per month. So if I used an AC like sharp what bill will I get? Below 1000?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know at least it happened with BSES in Mumbai long time back that every alternate bill was sort of in ball park of the last bill. As they probably took the reading every alternate month only and for the in between months, the bill would be similar to its previous bill (sort of approximated).

Back