Sharp AH-XP18PMT split inverter AC

@RishiGuru Newer models come with temperature display only(as far as I know). Even my XP13PHT comes with temperature display only. I loved the power consumption indicator on your XP18MV and would have had loved to have it. But no such luck. :(

After going through all the pics provided in this thread, it seems Sharp with its AH-XP18PMT offering has cut corners over their previous premium AH-XP18MV model in the 1.5 Ton Inverter category in every which way to save money. It holds true for both the IDU & ODU. But still for its asking price, the AH-XP18PMT is a great piece of equipment.

Thankfully, they have not comprised with its performance, the EER Rated still remain 3.66 for both models. To me the EER Weighted value of 4.18 is a marketing gimmick to lure customers and should be avoided at all costs.

After going through all the pics provided in this thread, it seems Sharp with its AH-XP18PMT offering has cut corners over their previous premium AH-XP18MV model in the 1.5 Ton Inverter category in every which way to save money. It holds true for both the IDU & ODU. But still for its asking price, the AH-XP18PMT is a great piece of equipment.

Thankfully, they have not comprised with its performance, the EER Rated still remain 3.66 for both models. To me the EER Weighted value of 4.18 is a marketing gimmick to lure customers and should be avoided at all costs.

18MV is manufactured in tailand and 18PMT in india

but still this model looks 10000 times more posh than old junk 18MV ..which had fake steel coating which gets rusty

EER newer models they advertising hte peak EER rather than rated
peak cooling capacity of this is 1.8ton 6000Watt / 1440 watt = 4.16

Last edited by a moderator:
and u knw indians sucks and fit for nothing ..eating and sleeping..loot others ..they degrading sharp brand value with their shit manufacturing

Sharp decide on how to manufacture their AC,
Sharp decide which component they want to use for their AC,
Sharp decide if they want to give more features in their AC or not..

It has nothing do with Indians...

Last edited by a moderator:
18MV is manufactured in tailand and 18PMT in india .. but still this model looks 10000 times more posh than old junk 18MV ..which had fake steel coating which gets rusty

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder ...

To you the 18PMT may look better than 18MV, but to me it's just the opposite. But I am glad you love your ACs look.

BTW the fake steel coating never got rusty after a year of heavy usage, I frankly don't know where you got this info.

EER newer models they advertising hte peak EER rather than rated peak cooling capacity of this is 1.8ton 6000Watt / 1440 watt = 4.16

A new marketing ploy to quote higher EER rating.

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder ...

To you the 18PMT may look better than 18MV, but to me it's just the opposite. But I am glad you love your ACs look.

BTW the fake steel coating never got rusty after a year of heavy usage, I frankly don't know where you got this info.

A new marketing ploy to quote higher EER rating.
when ur ac runs at 0.1 kw.. do u feel sound or vibration from compressor?

my compressor seems to be always on with variable speeds

As being.smart and raksrules pointed out, you've only received your average bill. Sharp fanbois are conveniently disappearing when the real bill appears the next month. Please come back next month and post your actual bill with actual units. Try not to keep the A/C off :p

EER newer models they advertising hte peak EER rather than rated
peak cooling capacity of this is 1.8ton 6000Watt / 1440 watt = 4.16
That made absolutely no sense whatsoever. The 18 in the Sharp product name is not 1.8 ton but 18,000 BTU/hour. 18,000 BTU/hr = 1.5 Ton. 1.5Ton is 5.27KW. 1.8 ton is 6.33KW. How did you get 1.8T as 6KW? Does Sharp make your calculator too?

when ur ac runs at 0.1 kw.. do u feel sound or vibration from compressor?

my compressor seems to be always on with variable speeds
Sharp themselves have said the compressor will not operate below 0.3 kw. Your compressor is always on with variable speeds because it isn't going below 0.3 kw.

This is some thread. I expected some truth in this AC Madness. Right now going mad. So much to learn. So many tricks up the sleeve to cheat the customer. Even our Electricity. Crazy_Eddy, RishiGuru & being.unbelievable please enlighten us more.

This is some thread. I expected some truth in this AC Madness. Right now going mad. So much to learn. So many tricks up the sleeve to cheat the customer. Even our Electricity. Crazy_Eddy, RishiGuru & being.unbelievable please enlighten us more.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -- Carl Sagan[DOUBLEPOST=1397354018][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am just waiting in anticipation for next month's electricity bill :p
Doubt we'll see it. But similar threads will be created elsewhere on the net.

As being.smart and raksrules pointed out, you've only received your average bill. Sharp fanbois are conveniently disappearing when the real bill appears the next month. Please come back next month and post your actual bill with actual units. Try not to keep the A/C off :p

Crazy_Eddy, I can provide the electric consumption bills for the whole 2013 if you like. I will post the figures on my original thread. I stoped posting as I got crazy with the electric bill, it is so low and stopped posting as it is becoming a controversial topic.

Controversies start over a LACK of information. It was pointed out that since you set the ambient temp to 29 the compressor hardly kicked in. Who sets temp to 29 degrees !!! how about 23 or 24.

Controversies start over a LACK of information. It was pointed out that since you set the ambient temp to 29 the compressor hardly kicked in. Who sets temp to 29 degrees !!! how about 23 or 24.
Depends on user preference. I keep it at 27 mostly.
In Kolkata when the outside temperature is a humid 35+, a dry 27 will feel like heaven. And if the swing is on and we get direct draught from AC, it feels chilly(felt so yesterday afternoon).

One night I put the AC at 27C. After about 1hour, the compressor switched off.
Have not been able to make the compressor switch off in the afternoon as yet. (Top floor room and 120sq ft room - 1T AC maybe a bit small for it)

u can keep 28-29 in sharp still feel chill ..when kept direct to bed..

in other pathetic acs daikin ,hitachi .. u cant keep 29 ..and be satisified

keeping to 24 , 25 doesnt make sense ..u want to live life shivering all the time? all we need is comfort cooling.

Depends on user preference. I keep it at 27 mostly.
In Kolkata when the outside temperature is a humid 35+, a dry 27 will feel like heaven. And if the swing is on and we get direct draught from AC, it feels chilly(felt so yesterday afternoon).

One night I put the AC at 27C. After about 1hour, the compressor switched off.
Have not been able to make the compressor switch off in the afternoon as yet. (Top floor room and 120sq ft room - 1T AC maybe a bit small for it)
How well does it work with extracting moisture if it switches off so soon ?

Last edited:
How well does it work with extracting moisture if it switches off so soon ?
I guess it wasn't so humid that night.
And my room is pretty poorly insulated(old house. Two ventilators in room which are yet to be closed down). So I guess hoping that it would switch off in the afternoon is pretty thin.

Back