Sharp AH-XP18PMT split inverter AC

Are New Members with only one post precluded from owning a Daikin AC ??? I am not comparing anything to anything.
Pointing out the co-incidence and yeah you were comparing a 3 star to an inverter just like the OP was.

How convenient.

I was just giving you my experience. So you advice me to buy two 5 star AC just to compare. them and after comparing then what...throw out the less efficient one !! Incredibly warped intellect. Admire you, Sir.
My guess is you'd find no need to go with an inverter once you had a 5 star. Course the 5 star i'm told is more expensive than an inverter.

Course the 5 star i'm told is more expensive than an inverter.[/QUOTE]
Glad that wisdom at last. Better late than never. This was what I was saying ...if you would only read and comprehend what is written rather than interpret it as per your notions. Further more, the inverter that I bought is also the cheapest inverter available.

I am not sure how forum members are thinking that 5 star and inverters are some kind of magic wand which will erase your electric bills! Even manufacturers do not make such wild claims about such drastic power savings.
For example if the regular 1.5 T AC works for 8 hours a day and as against that if a 5 Star AC works then the total power savings would be around 2000-2500. Mind you these are savings and you still consume electricity. If an AC runs for 8 hours a day then it would consume around 2500 units. If you put an inverter once cooling is achieved savings can be in the range of around 20-30%. If we take the extreme case of 30% reduction it would still consume around 1750 units a month if operated for 8 hours a day. Now if your electric rate is say 6 / unit then the bill from one inverter AC would be 10500. If you say that it runs only for 1 hour and remaining hours its at the lowest level, even then the bill would be 1/6 of this or around 2000 just for 1 AC.
Now members mention that their bills have been 100-200 a month which I do not think is even remotely possible and if it really is then I think the government would launch a mass replacement drive as it could result in oversupply of electricity if all ACs across India would consume just 100 Rs worth of electricity

yo yo ..yes it has ..its premium model

PET is low end model ..
[DOUBLEPOST=1398936876][/DOUBLEPOST]its been 2months with PMT ... no problems at all .. running smoothly .. unlike my friend who has daikin and suffering cooling repair headeches

Last edited by a moderator:
I had Daikin 3 star AC previously and i used to run that for only 6 hours daily maximum during summer ..and i used to get 3000 power bill. What is the use of AC .. if can run only for 6 hours? So sold it off to my friend
its been 2months with PMT ... no problems at all .. running smoothly .. unlike my friend who has daikin and suffering cooling repair headeches
What a nice friend you are :p

I suppose today or tomorrow you will be getting your latest bill... Lets see how many units this month. Did you confirmed if you are getting an average bill or an actual reading bill...

I have the previous 3.66 EER AHXP18MV and even after running it for over 12 hours a day somedays 24 hrs I never ever got a bill above of Rs 1350 and in some months where the usage is 6 to 8 hours the bill is Rs 750 only at max. I have other appliances and lights on the same meter which used to return Rs 250 to Rs 450 before the AC was attached to that meter. Where as my Hitachis 3 star and no stars return over Rs 5K on minimun 10 hrs of usage for average 25 days a month! His claim is completely valid.

I have the previous 3.66 EER AHXP18MV and even after running it for over 12 hours a day somedays 24 hrs I never ever got a bill above of Rs 1350 and in some months where the usage is 6 to 8 hours the bill is Rs 750 only at max. I have other appliances and lights on the same meter which used to return Rs 250 to Rs 450 before the AC was attached to that meter. Where as my Hitachis 3 star and no stars return over Rs 5K on minimun 10 hrs of usage for average 25 days a month! His claim is completely valid.
Well I would say that its practically impossible that your bill can be 1350 if your AC runs for 12-24 hours a day. Unless ofcourse like another member you have a set temperature of 29 then the inverter will be operating at just the lowest level to maintain that 29 temperature. Even if best "test" conditions are applied, it would just make through. But that's not the case in real life. Any inverter uses much more power during the initial stages to achieve the set temperature. Ideally if you use the inverter AC for 12 hours a day and all 30 days your bill should be a minimum of 1500 or even more (these figures are based on actual manufacturer claims of power savings). Your actual bill should be a bit more than manufacturer claimed. Plus you say some days it runs for 24 hours so the figure seems too hard to digest. Because even manufacturers are not claiming so low power bills.

Also if you say hitachi 3 star was consuming 5000 a month that again is a bit over the expected bill. A regular AC will consume around 2500 / month based on your 10-12 hours usage.

I have the previous 3.66 EER AHXP18MV and even after running it for over 12 hours a day somedays 24 hrs I never ever got a bill above of Rs 1350
A ~500W an hour average. Seems possible. However do list the parameters under which it is operating so that other people who buy Sharp ACs are not confused if they cannot match your results.
Assuming a 4.8 COP at ~500W (based on 5.1 at 300W to 3.6 at 1440W), the cooling capacity = 2.4KW, i.e. roughly 0.7 tons - which is the heatload for your room.

Do also confirm that the Hitachi AC isn't/wasn't operating on the same meter or in the same room, hence drawing any connections between the two are irrelevant.

His claim is completely valid.
Except his bill isn't valid.

BTW there are a couple of people complaining about performance issues. If a fellow mod's MHI is any indication, this proves that Sharp is not using MHI compressors. I guess for a 20k price difference they had to cut costs somewhere.

Last edited:
A ~500W an hour average. Seems possible. However do list the parameters under which it is operating so that other people who buy Sharp ACs are not confused if they cannot match your results.
Yes, it would be great to hear from people who are getting such low bills how they are achieving this. Because even Sharp website does not claim such low figures for 12/24 hours use. And those results are under "test conditions" and as all know real conditions are quite different from that.

Just so that members again dont say I am saying lies let me quote what their website says
Units Consumed per month (8 hrs usage per day) : 217 units so per hour units consumed are 0.91
Now the member says he uses the AC for 12 to 24 hours. Lets assume 4 days at 24 hours (sundays) and remaining 26 days 12 hours
So total hours are 408 hence units consumed would be ~372 units. So price of electricity taking as 4.3 (as per sharp site) the total comes to Rs. 1599.
And these are "test condition" results. I doubt if any one can achieve test conditions in real life.

And those results are under "test conditions" and as all know real conditions are quite different from that.

Now the member says he uses the AC for 12 to 24 hours. Lets assume 4 days at 24 hours (sundays) and remaining 26 days 12 hours
So total hours are 408 hence units consumed would be ~372 units.
Amazing how you calculated his heatload with no details about his room whatsoever, all while sitting behind a computer screen. Are you telepathic?
You still reference the Sharp website even after I told you to ignore their calculations. Since you claim to have "exact calculations", you should've figured out a very obvious reason why I told you to ignore it. Lets see if you're right : http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/dispelling-sharp-inverter-advertising-myths.165381/

Last edited:
After reading through all the posts on various forums about sharp inverter AC, I bought the 18PMT and it got delivered today from Croma online. Earlier, I was quoted 50K by Girias, Chennai. Any recommendations on the stabilizer for this AC? Voltage problem is not so bad in my area. How is V-Guard VG 400? I heard that one doesn't come with a 3 pin plug. Would that be a problem? Also, do I need to buy any other things before the installation folks turn up? I am assuming the installation folks will do wiring of the stabilizer etc.. as well, even if it's for a price. Appreciate any responses on my queries.

this month bill came on 10th may ..thats 5days extra .. and it is 2200 only ..with 18hrs daily usage at 24 - 29C !!!!!!! Sharp Inverter AC 1000000000% recommended for low bills ..tested and proven... thanks to TE for changing my lifestyle with 24 x 7 on AC..which was unimaginable for me ..without 10k bills

Last edited:
this month bill came on 10th may ..thats 5days extra .. and it is 2200 only ..with 18hrs daily usage at 24 - 29C !!!!!!! Sharp Inverter AC 1000000000% recommended for low bills ..tested and proven... thanks to TE for changing my lifestyle with 24 x 7 on AC..which was unimaginable for me ..without 10k bills

POIDH.

I came to these forums to search for suggestions, reviews and experiences( which sadly is absent ) to buy an LED TV and by chance saw this thread. This being the summer I thought that if my experience could be of any use to anyone planning to buy an AC then that was a good thing. After all I too was helped by forums like these when it came to buying things. I cannot understand why people get an apoplexy and start acting rabid and foaming at the mouth when they hear the word Sharp. To my mind these are the guys who are viciously preconceived in their thoughts. If the administrator wants to close the thread then that is his/ her prerogative. But if it is done to placate and assuage someones fragile ego ...thats sad.

I am not an avid loyalist of Sharp for that matter any other brand and did my own search and asked a lot of questions prior to buying this AC. My questions and my experience ( good and bad) about Sharp can be found in this Thinkdigit forum thread
http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/con...18mv-1-5ton-eco-inverter-air-conditioner.html

If you want my electricity bills/ employment letter duly attested by a Class 1 Magistrate or notarized by a Notary, I shall be glad to send the same to you on receiving the fees for such attestation and notarization.

Lastly, to make an unfounded accusation that anyone who posts his/her experience of a particular brand of any product is an advertiser of that brand reflects only a hyperactive imagination and a mind gone blind with unfounded anger. Thank you very much.

Further proof for all the Doubting Thomas's out there !! This bill is after close to 11-12 hours of usage per day !! I am not a technical person to indulge in a technical debate and so not knowledgeable enough to contribute to the " intellectual masturbation" being brandished in this forum. I speak of what I have experienced. But ask me again ..." Should I buy a Sharp AC ? " The answer is no !! Though the machine is superb and par excellence...the service sucks !! The swing function of my AC conked out off last week and since my AC is still under warranty...I have been calling up the service centre ( Sharp's service motto is ...within 24 hours !!) to date and receiving all sorts of commitments...despite which my problem still remains and nobody has come to attend to the problem so far. So if you are in Mumbai...be warned...Sharp service sucks !!

Attachments

• TPBill.PNG
    TPBill.PNG
    16.3 KB · Views: 252
Back