Sharp AH-XP18PMT split inverter AC

Call the CEO. Seems his number is provided too. There was some post here saying sharp CEO boasted that he gave his number on the service section so people can call him up.

So I checked with a friend of mine who bought the PET version of the AC. He runs a commercial establishment where the AC needs to be set at 23 degrees in summer. It's a tiny shop - say 8x8, but with an asbestos roof that is exposed to direct sun all day. The AC runs for ~10 hours. It does not have a power consumption indicator far as I can see. I would estimate a pretty heavy heatload (regardless of the diminutive dimensions) given the massive glass door on the shopfront with the attendant leakage, and the constant open and closing of the door. I would say you could safely double each dimension (doubling the dimensions increases volume roughly 4x) for an equivalent domestic space. As a guide, his consumption during May last year was ~650 units, inclusive of a drinks cooler and lighting.

For the same month this year, his consumption stands at 340 units. The actual bill was about Rs. 1600 but that includes an adjustment of Rs. 1000/- which the utility provides for security deposit interest, so say ~2600/-

Whereas that is not bad, the numbers posted here are incredulous to say the least. Yo-Yo is a good description of the mathematics being touted.

Not going by the number given by OP, but the saving of 300 units in a single month, is just incredible and justifies the purchase of an inverter AC.

Do note that the old AC was from before the star rating was established, was a Koryo (Future group inhouse brand) and for the worst month of the year. In other months the savings would be significantly less, and when compared with already efficient units, the difference would probably be splitting hairs. This is why it is so dangerous to jump to conclusions before all the facts are known.

The point is that each use case is different. There is no 'best' AC (or anything else). There is only the best for your applications and requirement. As in anything else, caveat emptor.

Further proof for all the Doubting Thomas's out there !! This bill is after close to 11-12 hours of usage per day !! I am not a technical person to indulge in a technical debate and so not knowledgeable enough to contribute to the " intellectual masturbation" being brandished in this forum. I speak of what I have experienced. But ask me again ..." Should I buy a Sharp AC ? " The answer is no !! Though the machine is superb and par excellence...the service sucks !! The swing function of my AC conked out off last week and since my AC is still under warranty...I have been calling up the service centre ( Sharp's service motto is ...within 24 hours !!) to date and receiving all sorts of commitments...despite which my problem still remains and nobody has come to attend to the problem so far. So if you are in Mumbai...be warned...Sharp service sucks !!

sharp service in hyderabad is very good ..just gave a call ..same day technician came and cleaned IDU filters and ODU as part of 3 free services

auto cleaning also works good..shuddo it every month

Last edited by a moderator:
Call the CEO. Seems his number is provided too. There was some post here saying sharp CEO boasted that he gave his number on the service section so people can call him up.
Hey 6pack, thanks for that bit of information...I did not know it. Searched for the number on the website but couldn't find it but ultimately could find it in the booklet ( given with the AC). The service guys came on Thursday (before I could call the MD) and said that the plastic flap joint which attached to the swing motor had cracked and that plastics were not covered under warrant !! ( funny since almost 50% of the IDU is plastic). Got so cheesed off and after I saw your post called up the number given. Initially no one picked up the call but later on one Mr. Amandeep ( from the MD's office) called me back and I narrated my issue. I told him that while plastics were not covered under the warrant how could one crack after 2-3 months of usage. Well !! to cut a long story short, he told me not to worry and called up the service guys in Mumbai and they promptly came and replaced the part. Just wanted to thankyou for that bit of info!!

Hey 6pack, thanks for that bit of information...I did not know it. Searched for the number on the website but couldn't find it but ultimately could find it in the booklet ( given with the AC). The service guys came on Thursday (before I could call the MD) and said that the plastic flap joint which attached to the swing motor had cracked and that plastics were not covered under warrant !! ( funny since almost 50% of the IDU is plastic). Got so cheesed off and after I saw your post called up the number given. Initially no one picked up the call but later on one Mr. Amandeep ( from the MD's office) called me back and I narrated my issue. I told him that while plastics were not covered under the warrant how could one crack after 2-3 months of usage. Well !! to cut a long story short, he told me not to worry and called up the service guys in Mumbai and they promptly came and replaced the part. Just wanted to thankyou for that bit of info!!

Correction : warranty !!

We did not have any AC earlier
then we bouht a normal 3 star AC from samsung last summer
we used AC for 10 hrs on average daily during summer days
infact we used it for around all days through the year as we got used to it. but usage time on seasons varied.

fed up with huge bill we sold it on olx.
we try to get help from net for better energy saving one. everywhere was flooded with reviews of TV/ Graphics Cards / Cars. could not find specificly of AC
then found people experience of inverter AC on TE and other forums

Finally made our mind to go for Sharp one. otherwise would have gone for Bue star.
bought 1.1ton XP13LV last month (old model) price was bit steep on 34.5k incl installation.

used it for 2 months now.
the bill amount has been considerbly decreased
we used it for about 14-15 hrs on average daily
(night time 11 to 12 hrs & noon and evening 2 to 4 hours
somedays we did not turned off the AC all day. used 24 hours or more continously

you can see some of the power bills attached
all are bi-monthly
before any AC:

after 3 star samsung:

after sharp inverter ,first bill 2 months use:

Last edited:
No. Without AC he was getting bills about 1500-1600 INR. Now after installing Sharp he is getting only 300 INR monthly?

I have read through this post from start to end. I do believe in Mr. Unbeleivable and others regarding their Lower elec. bills. I live in Mumbai in a 773 sq. ft flat (carpet area). It's not on the last floor, al three rooms have huge glass sliding windows, two rooms are directly exposed to sun. I have 3 Acs - 1.75T, 1.5 T and a 1T. My bill for last two months - May and June has been 7880 and 8500 respectively. Al three 3 ACs are three starts, the units consumed were 805 and 855 respectively. And to top it all the ACs were on only for the night maybe about 8-10hrs daily. My normal elec. bill without AC usage comes close to 2k. I hope this gives a more clear picture between an inverter and non inverter AC usage bill. Other household appliances are - 32" LCd, 6.5 kg FL WM used daily, two laptops, 5CFls, kitchen and bathroom exhaust fans.

Back